User Tag List

Page 324 of 324 FirstFirst ... 224274314322323324
Results 3,231 to 3,236 of 3236

Thread: Trump Thread...

Quote Originally Posted by townsend View Post
    But we would never just spend 2% of our GNP because our military budget wouldn't ever decrease. The other NATO countries could expand their militaries tenfold and we'd still never see a reduction in the defense budget.

Look at Trump's proposed budget, does it look like he thinks we should only spend 2%?

You are missing the whole point. If the US spending countributions toward NATO allocations had been only 2 percent Rather than 3.61 percent of the GNP then it would have been approximately $315 billion less earmarked for NATO allocations.. The total contribution in the chart is $650 billion. 3.61 percent is approximately 40 percent more than 2.0 percent. 40 percent of $650 billion is approximately $315 billion.. These are rough numbers in my head calculations. Still it is the amount coming out of the budget for NATO allocations that could or would have been allocated or spent elsewhere in the military use.
    Since Day One

Quote Originally Posted by Angrymesscan View Post
    You do understand that the US didn't give that money to NATO?
    The US military spending is decided upon by the US and NATO has no say in it, the US can spend however much it wants on it's defense budget, regardless of how much the other Nato countries spent. It's not like the budget for Nato this year is 500 billion, the other countries just put up 200 billion so US has to put up the other 300 billion.
    Yes I understand that the moneys spent are from the countries funding their own military. The point being the US spends a great deal of money keeping their military in readiness but other countries spend considerably less on a parity basis.

If there is a crisis then these countries get the benefit of a top notch military from the US and spent very little toward making themselves ready for contributing to the various causes that arise that will evoke article 5. They are spending little but potentially reaping the benefits of protection from others who spent considerably more.
    Last edited by L.T. Fan; 05-26-2017 at 10:18 PM.
    Since Day One

Why don't we just drop our spending in fucking NATO to 2%? If these other motherfuckers don't want to pick up the slack with their fair share then fuck them.

This is an issue that I'm solidly in support of Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by BipolarFan View Post
    Why don't we just drop our spending in fucking NATO to 2%? If these other motherfuckers don't want to pick up the slack with their fair share then fuck them.

This is an issue that I'm solidly in support of Trump.
    I agree. I think when other countries realize we won't carry them as the world police maybe they will get their shit together. The funny thing is lot of the other countries need our military more than we do. We are sort of protected by location that those other countries don't enjoy.

DCC's Coolest Fantasy League CHAMPION!!!!!