Scalia

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Wow, Obama gets to remake the ideology of the Supreme Court before he goes.

townsend

Banned
That sucks, don't often agree with Scalia, but didn't wish him dead either. He could be thought of as an extremely progressive justice, when you compared him to all of the presiding justices.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Seems like a win I'd rather Obama picked than Hillary, Bernie, or whichever doof wins the republican nomination.
It is huge. I'm sure Republicans are in a state of shock and this confirmation process will be brutal.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Seems like a win I'd rather Obama picked than Hillary, Bernie, or whichever doof wins the republican nomination.
It could get stalled until after the election and Obama may not have a say so at all.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
It could get stalled until after the election and Obama may not have a say so at all.
Of course. We wouldn't expect anything less of a (R) controlled branch of Congress to do ANYTHING to stop what should be a fairly routine process.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Of course. We wouldn't expect anything less of a (R) controlled branch of Congress to do ANYTHING to stop what should be a fairly routine process.
It's routine to some but to others it's deemed critical. Just depends on which side of the street you live on.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
When Obama used the "nuclear option" to bypass debate on the final form of ACA he had to know that similar tactics would be used on him down the road when he lost Congress.

Carl

RIP Brother
I think he was smarter than the other judges, doesn't mean he is correct.

And if President Obama tries to get a new appointment, it's going to be ugly for the next 8 months.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well hey, I'm sure if he appointed the right person it wouldn't be a problem. But Obama won't.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Like Scalia?
Well that would be impossible...

I'm not a fan of Sotomayor at all which was one of his choices. I'd prefer a candidate who actually believes in upholding the constitution. I don't know enough about the possible choices to say who that would be though.

Also, I guess we can assume the nomination will be a female by Obama?

Top Bottom