Florio: Dez Bryant directs profane rant at reporter

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Garrett looked a little stronger and more in control of the situation than I expected.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
he has all the guts of a Mizzou administrator

BipolarFuk

Demoted
This is what happens when you get sunshine pumped up your ass by ownership and coaches about how good you are going to be and it all turns to shit with one injury.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
had anyone tried to dismiss this as "passion"? that's the usual go-to excuse whenever he misbehaves.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
had anyone tried to dismiss this as "passion"? that's the usual go-to excuse whenever he misbehaves.
I think he cares enough to get emotional.

That's good enough for me with the way athletes are today.

Is he immature, yep.

But hey, he's not fucking Roger Staubach. He's not anything like any player I idolized as a child. I stopped caring about that shit a long time ago.

Apparently, you still hold players up to a pedestal.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Either way...it does not matter. Dez is one guy who gets a long leash from me. We need him...you can bet Street is following him now and I am sure there are others that are sick of JJT.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Either way...it does not matter. Dez is one guy who gets a long leash from me. We need him...you can bet Street is following him now and I am sure there are others that are sick of JJT.
I think their anger is better focused on their opponents rather than Jean-Jacques Taylor and his use of the "N" word with an "a" at the end.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I think he cares enough to get emotional.

That's good enough for me with the way athletes are today.

Is he immature, yep.

But hey, he's not fucking Roger Staubach. He's not anything like any player I idolized as a child. I stopped caring about that shit a long time ago.

Apparently, you still hold players up to a pedestal.
Same here.

I'm so tired with this never ending era of mediocrity, and with it, a team largely made up of players who have just learned to accept the losing and failure.

That's why Dez and even Hardy don't bother me. At least they care enough to actually get upset when the losing occurs.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Same here.

I'm so tired with this never ending era of mediocrity, and with it, a team largely made up of players who have just learned to accept the losing and failure.

That's why Dez and even Hardy don't bother me. At least they care enough to actually get upset when the losing occurs.
Personally I'll take a team full pf Dez's. That man cares more about this team and winning then anyone else on the team. If I'm going to battle I want him on my side.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Same here.

Guys like Romo and Witten are not comfortable with losing either, I don't think.

But they are so intertwined with upper management, I don't get how they can say or do something to resonate with your average guy on a roster.

At the end of the day, they aren't getting cut. They are basically set.

Bryant called out lifer Rich Darymple, specifically.

He might be getting a fat check, but he's not getting invited for dinner at the Joneses any time soon.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Same here.

Hardy' s rants recently are more about his perceived inequitable treatment by the media and some fans than the team's shortcomings.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I think their anger is better focused on their opponents rather than Jean-Jacques Taylor and his use of the "N" word with an "a" at the end.
They should be mad at everything...this will just get them going. Wounded animal!

data

Forbes #1
Can't wait to get Hos' first-hand report. You see him walk by at 00:31.

dallen

Senior Tech
Sometimes being a fan of this team is really hard. We have a bunch of players that act like 4 year olds and a coach who does nothing. You dont see other teams dealing with this crap day after day.
Players act like that all the time without making Sportscenter. I've heard worse than that at work

Carp

DCC 4Life
Players act like that all the time without making Sportscenter. I've heard worse than that at work
Exactly right, but the Cowboys are ripe for the picking right now. You have the media ready to rake them over the coals, then you have faggy Cowboys fans who just want another reason to bitch.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
It looks to me like Garrett calls him over and walks out of the room with Dez following without hesitation, completely defusing the "situation".
I hate Garrett as an in game HC, but I think he has complete control over the locker room, at least as much as you can have with Dez, Hardy, et al...

Jiggyfly

Banned
Moore: All the details on how Dez's tirade started, escalated

By David Moore Follow @DavidMooreDMN dmoore@dallasnews.com
Staff Writer
Published: 12 November 2015 04:26 PM
Updated: 13 November 2015 09:30 AM

IRVING - A food fight erupted in the middle of the Cowboys' locker room, but instead of mashed potatoes and green peas being thrown, accusations and profanities were hurled.

At the center of it all was Dez Bryant. The Pro Bowl receiver's long-running feud with the media came to a head Thursday. And while the prolonged rant was more comical than threatening, it did result in Bryant yelling at one of the club's senior vice presidents to fix it and ended with an unfounded charge on Twitter that a black reporter used the N-word.

It wasn't a typical day at Valley Ranch. But when you take a sensitive, emotional receiver who believes he's been treated unfairly and add a six-game losing streak, you get an explosive afternoon.

It began when NBC 5 reporter Pat Doney asked Bryant if he was doing interviews. Bryant said he didn't like how Doney tweeted after Sunday night's game that he and Greg Hardy didn't make themselves available for interviews.

Bryant then started asking the whereabouts of ESPN's Jean-Jacques Taylor. Bryant had been steaming about a column Taylor wrote one week earlier and had mentioned it to reporters on several occasions in recent days.

Taylor stands in front of Bryant's locker and the receiver draws an imaginary line on the ground, telling Taylor to stay on the other side. The two begin discussing the story and Bryant continues to get louder as Taylor states his side.

At this point, the conversation is no more contentious than what normally transpires when an athlete disagrees with something a reporter has written. Receiver Devin Street then inserts himself into the conversation and Taylor responds, "ain't nobody even talking to you.''

Street appears shocked, believing Taylor used a racial epithet. He repeats the word. Bryant points at Taylor and begins yelling the N-word over and over, saying a reporter can't say that to a player.

Taylor said afterwards he never used the word. Others close enough to hear the exchange, including two club employees, insist Taylor never used the N-word and Street simply misunderstood.

Bryant and Street leave the locker room with Bryant chastising the media, yelling how they won't report about what took place between Street and Taylor. A short time later Robert Klemko of the MMQB and Sports Illustrated, who was at Valley Ranch to do a story on Greg Hardy, tweets this: Dez Bryant just blew up on reporter, went on 10-minute rant. "Until they stop disrespecting this team I don't give a f---. Mother --- sick!''

Bryant returns to his locker, sits down, picks up his phone, sees the tweet and starts searching for Klemko. Bryant accuses him reporting only part of the story, his voice becoming louder and louder as a public relations assistant stands between the two.

"Don't single me out like that,'' Bryant yells at one point. "If you're going to report something, report it right. Allright? Report it right. Go report that.

"For real. This ain't a game, dog. This ain't a game.''

Running back Darren McFadden gets involved at one point and tries to pull Bryant back. Cornerback Tyler Patmon tells Klemko to leave. Tight end Jason Witten, who is conducting an interview with reporters, excuses himself and tries to calm the situation.

Rich Dalrymple, the club's senior vice president of public relations, is in the locker room at this point and walks up to Bryant.

"Let's just drop it," Dalrymple tells Bryant.

"How about you all fix this [expletive], Rich,'' Bryant yells. "How 'bout you fix it, Rich. You talking to us, you talking to the wrong people. You talking to the wrong people.

"I'll make sure that I put it out then, since ya'll not going to say nothing."

Jason Garrett walks into the locker room at this point. Bryant immediately turns toward the head coach and continues his rant.

"Dirty, dirty, dirty, dirty, dirty, dirty,'' Bryant booms. "They're [expletive] dirty, coach. They're dirty. They're dirty, all of them, and especially you (points to Klemko).''

Garrett, Bryant and Dalrymple all leave the locker room together. Bryant returns several minutes later, smiling. He cranks up the volume on his hand-held wireless speaker as the Outkast song "So Fresh, So Clean'' blares and walks toward the showers.

The media availability period ends a few moments later. Bryant then tweeted: "Yea, I blew up on the media but repeat why I blew up on y'all. Saying I don't give [expletive] about me & calling players [n-word] not professional...''

He quickly followed up with this tweet: "If you going to tell something tell the whole thing...I'm done with the situation...I hope everyone is having a great day.''

Friday will mark the 54th day since the Cowboys last won a game.

Who knows what's in store?

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Dez Bryant: Ultimate teammate. Takes heat off of Greg Hardy by blowing up on media.

Top Bottom