LOL @ the Redskins

Jiggyfly

Banned
McCloughan is definitely a good personnel guy but what has he done since joining the Redskins?

The team is built around Cousins, Reed, their WR's, Trent Williams, Kerrigan, Norman, Breeland, and Preston Smith. Of those only Norman and Smith are guys McCloughan brought in and Smith looks to have regressed a bit from his hot finish to last season.

It's obviously too early to make any final judgments on draft classes that are only a year or two old, but so far the only clear hits are Jamison Crowder and Preston Smith. Am I supposed to be impressed with them taking an OG 5th overall who looks like a good but not great player?
Yeah if people are questioning Jones can you imagine if we took Scherf at #5.:lol

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Redskin player openly wondering why the Redskins never make adjustments during the game......

Sounds familiar.

From the Washington Post.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2016/09/18/a-redskins-player-wants-to-know-why-his-team-doesnt-adjust/

It’s the classic lament of angry sports-radio callers: Why doesn’t our team ever make adjustments? It’s a hard question to answer without being on the sidelines and knowing whether adjustments are actually being made, or if not why they aren’t, or whether that even matters. Sometimes, the question just feels like another way to blow off steam, another way of asking “Why weren’t we good enough to win?”

But Redskins fans screaming about in-game adjustments received a bit of support from the team’s locker room after Sunday’s dispiriting 27-23 loss to the Cowboys. Because here was veteran defensive lineman Ricky Jean Francois, talking about how Dallas seemed to adjust its offensive strategy as the game went on, and how Washington seemed not to respond in kind.

“It just feels like they game-planned the hell out of that [running game],” Francois said. “At one point, we were stuffing it, we was getting them where we wanted to, and then they went from inside runs to outside runs. It was like they adjusted to what they [saw]. And not taking anything away from [rookie quarterback Dak] Prescott, but whoever’s the offensive coordinator sitting upstairs, up top, did a hell of a job by seeing something and adjusting to it and showing the kid what he needed to see to become a good quarterback and to actually pull off this game for them.”

For the record, Dallas’s numbers rushing the ball in the first half (16 carries for 51 yards) and the second half (14 carries for 51 yards) were nearly identical. The Cowboys had 231 yards and 13 points in the first half, and only 147 yards (and 14 points) in the second half. And the Redskins did change their secondary coverage as the game went on, with Josh Norman at times trailing Dez Bryant around the field.

“I’m asked to do what I’m asked to do,” Norman said. “The coaches ask me to do something, I’m gonna do it to the full extent of my abilities, and I’m gonna get the job done and execute flawlessly, and that’s what I did.”

Still, Francois was asked if Washington’s defense didn’t respond to the perceived Dallas adjustment as well as it could have.

“We didn’t,” he said. “Let’s be real. Let’s be truthful. We didn’t respond to it, because if we would have, Alfred [Morris] wouldn’t have had a touchdown. Ezekiel Elliott had a few big breaks. And those big breaks, if we would have actually adjusted and seen what they were doing quick enough, we would have had it. And I just feel like even from the [playoff loss to the] Packers from last year, every team that sees us adjusts. Every team that adjusts to us, we don’t adjust to them. Every team we play against, it just feels like they see something and then they pounce on it and they keep doing it. And it feels like we’re just not responding to it.”
And whose responsibility would it be to make those adjustments?

“I have no clue,” he said. “That’s one answer I would love to know.”

This did not appear to be a common refrain on Sunday, and the game was back-and-forth throughout. Cowboys Coach Jason Garrett said his team was “persistent” in the running game, and that Prescott showed “poise and composure” in the go-ahead drive.
Impossible. Dallas never adjusts. And we are the only team that doesn't, too.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I hope they keep Gruden for a long time. His attitude is poisonous. Now RG3 is not a great QB, but there were quite a few things he aired out publicly that should have only been shared within the organization.

I thought it was pretty telling when during his halftime interview he mentioned that the game was just not that hard, in reference to Cousins. It just does not make any sense to me to put that stuff out there. I don't think it is any coincidence that after he aired that shit out that you started hearing about grumblings of players questioning Cousins play. He is backtracking a bit now and going on and on about how they fully back Cousins.

Sonny Jurgenson took him to task about throwing all those fades...and Gruden was defensive.

Burn baby...burn!

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Extremeskins is undergoing "site maintenance". :lol
Actually... extremeskins.com is no more. It is now es.redskins.com. Either Danny did not renew the domain name, or he mothballed it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Actually... extremeskins.com is no more. It is now es.redskins.com. Either Danny did not renew the domain name, or he mothballed it.
Yes, but even the es.redskins.com was undergoing the maintenance.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Literally the only time this piece of shit team makes the playoffs is when they are overlooked/under the radar and can string together a couple wins late in the year to sneak into the playoffs by a game or two, usually because the division is in shambles so they get in by default.

These fuckbois have made the playoffs 4 times since 2000 and every single time they have been below .500 late in November. They were 4-6 at one point in both 2012 and 2015, 5-7 in 2007, and 5-6 in 2005.

Basically they get lucky once every 3-5 years and go on a 4 or 5 game winning streak late in the year to sneak in the playoffs, it's like clockwork and is comical quite honestly.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Literally the only time this piece of shit team makes the playoffs is when they are overlooked/under the radar and can string together a couple wins late in the year to sneak into the playoffs by a game or two, usually because the division is in shambles so they get in by default.

These fuckbois have made the playoffs 4 times since 2000 and every single time they have been below .500 late in November. They were 4-6 at one point in both 2012 and 2015, 5-7 in 2007, and 5-6 in 2005.

Basically they get lucky once every 3-5 years and go on a 4 or 5 game winning streak late in the year to sneak in the playoffs, it's like clockwork and is comical quite honestly.
If only the Cowboys would do that.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If only the Cowboys would do that.
Why?

I much prefer seasons like 2007, 2009 and 2014 where we were actually pretty dominant throughout the year and won the division convincingly, especially in 2007 and 2014. Every few years the Skins just seem to sputter as they normally do but circumstances come together where they get hot for a few games at the end of the year to sneak into the playoffs.

Of course after that they go right back to the dumpster fire they always are for the next 2-3 years.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why?

I much prefer seasons like 2007, 2009 and 2014 where we were actually pretty dominant throughout the year and won the division convincingly, especially in 2007 and 2014. Every few years the Skins just seem to sputter as they normally do but circumstances come together where they get hot for a few games at the end of the year to sneak into the playoffs.

Of course after that they go right back to the dumpster fire they always are for the next 2-3 years.
The Skins are pretty notorious for either winning the division or finishing last. And the majority of the time it's finishing last. When they finish first it seems like a horribly weak schedule and a little luck prop them up to win 9 games or so. Otherwise they finish last in the division. I wonder if this year will be another last place finisher.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Why?

Twas a joke.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
McCloughan is definitely a good personnel guy but what has he done since joining the Redskins?

The team is built around Cousins, Reed, their WR's, Trent Williams, Kerrigan, Norman, Breeland, and Preston Smith. Of those only Norman and Smith are guys McCloughan brought in and Smith looks to have regressed a bit from his hot finish to last season.

It's obviously too early to make any final judgments on draft classes that are only a year or two old, but so far the only clear hits are Jamison Crowder and Preston Smith. Am I supposed to be impressed with them taking an OG 5th overall who looks like a good but not great player?
I think they had a solid draft this year with Doctson, Fuller and Cravens. The first two have been injured, but Cravens has looked good and Doctson is now getting healthy and on the field. Too early to say but I think those three will be good.

In the short term their fortunes will ride with Jay Gruden and Cousins and I think both will hinder them. It'll be interesting to see if/when Gruden gets replaced whether McCloughan will have a major say in the new hire. But I think their drafting has been much better now.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
[MENTION=54]VA Cowboy[/MENTION]

Gotta be some good stuff in there today!

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
[MENTION=54]VA Cowboy[/MENTION]

Gotta be some good stuff in there today!
Not as much fun without Art, Bubba and some of the other retards that used to be there. Actually saw some defending a Cowboys fan some posters will giving crap to. Crazy.

Didn't wade thru it all but here's the highlights:

CBass1724:
The redskins just ruined Christmas. And the ****ing Wizards lost tonight at the buzzer. **** DC sports. **** em.*

TheGreatBuzz:
****!!!!!!!
****!!!!!
****ING ****!!!!!!!
WHAT THE ****?!?!?!?!?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think they had a solid draft this year with Doctson, Fuller and Cravens. The first two have been injured, but Cravens has looked good and Doctson is now getting healthy and on the field. Too early to say but I think those three will be good.

In the short term their fortunes will ride with Jay Gruden and Cousins and I think both will hinder them. It'll be interesting to see if/when Gruden gets replaced whether McCloughan will have a major say in the new hire. But I think their drafting has been much better now.
Man Cowboys fans talk about Jaylon like it was a garbage wasted pick. Could you imagine what our fan base would be saying about Doctson or Fuller?

But truth is most rookies just aren't ready for big time contributions. We really lucked out with our last draft class. Not just Dak and Zeke but Brown and Collins are basically starters too. That sort of stuff isn't normal.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Man Cowboys fans talk about Jaylon like it was a garbage wasted pick. Could you imagine what our fan base would be saying about Doctson or Fuller?

But truth is most rookies just aren't ready for big time contributions. We really lucked out with our last draft class. Not just Dak and Zeke but Brown and Collins are basically starters too. That sort of stuff isn't normal.
I think Gruden has helped settle Cousins down and make him a serviceable QB...but outside of that Gruden looks overmatched during games. I just don't think the guy is a good HC.

I saw a tweet from Jaylon yesterday on ESPN...man it sure looks like that guy will never play a meaningful down for the Cowboys.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Kirk Cousins: New deal will help me emerge as a leader
Posted by Darin Gantt on February 3, 2017, 8:55 AM EST

Washington quarterback Kirk Cousins was always a laid-back guy, but the “You Like That?” side sometimes emerges.

And if he gets a long-term deal from his team, he thinks it will come out more often.

Via the Washington Post, Cousins said in an interview on ESPN 980 that a contract would allow him to be himself.

“There’s a side of me that people don’t understand,” Cousins said. “I remember in the Vikings game, when I reacted to what I thought was a pass interference and was all emotional about it, I got a lot of questions after, ‘Why so much emotion?’ I thought to myself, well, that’s who I am. That’s how I would normally react. I think what I’ve shown for years now really isn’t me, partly because there’s so much on my mind and so much I’m trying to do that I try not to get distracted by anything. But when I’m rolling and I’m feeling good, that’s the Kirk that comes out. . . .

“That is the benefit to the long-term deal. It’s, okay, I’m the guy, I’ve got, you know, full freedom to lead, full freedom to just be the guy, to make this mine, and to get that permission, if you will. That’s where I think the leash comes off and you’re able to fully go, and I’m excited for that day to come, whether it comes this year or down the road. I can’t wait.”

Playing under the franchise tag again remains a possibility, though it’s not an appealing option for either side. But if he helps “You Like That?” Kirk come out more often, it may be worth it.

Now, if you don't give me a longterm contract, then no leader for YOU!

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
There's been alot of rumblings here in the DC area that there is a power struggle between gump Bruce Allen and McLoughlan, the overrated yet still much better personnel guy than they're used to having in Washington. It sounds like Allen is winning with McLoughlan being muzzled and not allowed to speak to the media recently and presumably in the coming months.

Also sounds like if the Skins struggle this year and have another poor draft McLoughlan would be out, along with Gruden and possibly Kirk if franchised.

Can't see the Skins winning more than 7 or 8 games next year after losing McVay, firing their DC and only promoting their LB's coach, and then of course both Jackson and Garcon are free agents. Their team was built basically on their deep group of receiving targets and now they won't even have that anymore.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
There's been alot of rumblings here in the DC area that there is a power struggle between gump Bruce Allen and McLoughlan, the overrated yet still much better personnel guy than they're used to having in Washington. It sounds like Allen is winning with McLoughlan being muzzled and not allowed to speak to the media recently and presumably in the coming months.

Also sounds like if the Skins struggle this year and have another poor draft McLoughlan would be out, along with Gruden and possibly Kirk if franchised.

Can't see the Skins winning more than 7 or 8 games next year after losing McVay, firing their DC and only promoting their LB's coach, and then of course both Jackson and Garcon are free agents. Their team was built basically on their deep group of receiving targets and now they won't even have that anymore.
So dumb ass Bruce Allen will win in the end? :towel

Top Bottom