The Great Republican Revolt

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
all that BS fuss over a 1.3 % raise and teh media laps it up. This as far less than the military deserves while congress raises their undeserved salaries far more all the time. F the media for not calling this sham for what it is rather than playing it off as Rs hating on Obama.

townsend

Banned
all that BS fuss over a 1.3 % raise and teh media laps it up. This as far less than the military deserves while congress raises their undeserved salaries far more all the time. F the media for not calling this sham for what it is rather than playing it off as Rs hating on Obama.
Yeah, I seem to remember them skipping raises a few years in a row, so this is just kind of a catch up adjustment. Glad for it though. Military doesn't make shit for pay. I earned more in 2013 than the previous 4 years in the military.

shane

DCC 4Life
If the GOP would just stand for small government and low taxes, the party would be fine. However, all the Christian right cared about was imposing their moral dogmas onto others through violence for many many years. This allowed the Neocon scumbag establishment to reign supreme, after playing the Christian right like a fiddle. Now they're supporting a reality TV buffoon for President. This party is fucked.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I'm blaming the lack of fiscal conservatism in the GOP on people who prioritize social conservatism over fiscal. You just keep bringing up the Democrats to confuse the issue.
And I'm saying I disagree with that assertion because the primarily lack of fiscal conservatives is not being caused by social conservatives.

townsend

Banned
And I'm saying I disagree with that assertion because the primarily lack of fiscal conservatives is not being caused by social conservatives.
Social conservatism is how Hawks manipulated their base away from fiscal conservatives though. Bush didn't get elected because he stepped into office with designs to get into Iraq, it's because he talked about his personal relationship with Jesus. It's how both sides of the aisle distract everyone from wondering where the money is going. All you have to do is ask whether they like of hate abortion and you've eliminated half of their voting base.

Social conservatism is exciting people can rally around God. Comprehensive budget reform who's boring.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Social conservatism is how Hawks manipulated their base away from fiscal conservatives though. Bush didn't get elected because he stepped into office with designs to get into Iraq, it's because he talked about his personal relationship with Jesus. It's how both sides of the aisle distract everyone from wondering where the money is going. All you have to do is ask whether they like of hate abortion and you've eliminated half of their voting base.

Social conservatism is exciting people can rally around God. Comprehensive budget reform who's boring.
It is true that candidates pander to groups in their own party. And social conservatives did vote for Bush just like most fiscal conservative did. When the alternative in the GOP primaries was McCain and then Gore in the general election, Bush definitely seemed like the better choice for both social and fiscal conservatives. Trying to say that him ultimately not being a fiscal conservative and blaming one block of voters seems misplaced. All conservatives favored Bush over McCain and most R's favored him over Gore.

I also don't think he had designs on going into Iraq from day one. If 9/11 hadn't happened I don't think we ever would've gone into Iraq. One could argue that even with 9/11 we shouldn't have gone into Iraq, but after 9/11 the decision was made to go after bin Laden and terrorists in general. The support was overwhelming on both sides at the time. Now it is plausible that W and Cheney saw the opportunity to use this situation as a chance to get Saddam and finish the job that Bush I didn't. But I don't think that was ever the case prior to 9/11.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I just feel sorry for W. He's a great guy who got sucked into Washington, chewed up and spit out. The job was too big for him.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I love how the left gets their panties in a wad over one network not being liberal. It's just not fair libs can't have 100% of networks in their back pocket.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I love how the left gets their panties in a wad over one network not being liberal. It's just not fair libs can't have 100% of networks in their back pocket.
It's not about it not being liberal it's about how heavily it slants everything and only reports what their viewers want to hear.

townsend

Banned
We had a guy at the plant I worked at that kept the TV tuned into Fox News all the time. If I had to pick a word to define it, it would be "contemptuous" I think the organization has zero respect for their viewership.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It's not about it not being liberal it's about how heavily it slants everything and only reports what their viewers want to hear.
It works that way on the other networks. The ownership or chairmanship sets the tone and direction of the network. All of them think they are responsible for shaping the news rather than just reporting it.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
We had a guy at the plant I worked at that kept the TV tuned into Fox News all the time. If I had to pick a word to define it, it would be "contemptuous" I think the organization has zero respect for their viewership.
Everyone feels that way about something they disagree with. It's not just one network.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I know. They don't slant it to the left like most other networks. How despicable.

MSNBC does what you and Bipo claim Fox does but with a far left liberal slant. Yet I never hear criticism about them from any of you or any other liberals. So its hard to take the complaints about Fox seriously because its obviously just based on partisan bias.

townsend

Banned
Everyone feels that way about something they disagree with. It's not just one network.
MSNBC is the same way. It's people playing at an ideology they never really bought into. So they just play into frustration and anger. What's hilarious is there are plenty of people who hate it, but watch it religiously so they can be angry at it. And that's why Fox News exists, to manipulate people into being outraged.

Top Bottom