Claiborne to Return

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
He played alright when he was healthy. For one more prove it year I'll take that.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He played alright when he was healthy. For one more prove it year I'll take that.
Last year he finally started to look decent and he was coming back from a very serious injury. As a third corner I see no problem with Claiborne. He might actually have a little upside. Now if we would just cut Carr and sign a corner who is capable of starting and picking off the ocassional pass I would be thrilled.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Now if we would just cut Carr and sign a corner who is capable of starting and picking off the ocassional pass I would be thrilled.
Last part is key. Cutting Carr outright with no replacement in mind is throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Guy is no #1, but he can play and did play more snaps than any other Cowboy in 2015. Not saying much, but he's not worthless. Just not worth 9 mil or whatever they're paying him.

Restructure him down to 3-4 mil over 3 years.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Last part is key. Cutting Carr outright with no replacement in mind is throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Guy is no #1, but he can play and did play more snaps than any other Cowboy in 2015. Not saying much, but he's not worthless. Just not worth 9 mil or whatever they're paying him.

Restructure him down to 3-4 mil over 3 years.
What if he won't take a pay cut?

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
He refused last year. It only works if you are willing to cut him if he refuses.
True, and it's only this year he's lost his leverage since they can cut him without meaningful consequence.

I think they're waiting for the draft before deciding.

Top Bottom