A week of LGBTQ acceptance education in a middle school. Really?

Jiggyfly

Banned
I don't believe Fort said the law had anything to do with altering the physical state. He said until that happened there was no actual change to the person.
He was saying a person should not be allowed into the womens unless they had the surgery and the laws being enacted would not allow for that.

So he is actually against the law that is being pushed.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
He was saying a person should not be allowed into the womens unless they had the surgery and the laws being enacted would not allow for that.

What I am saying is he didn't reference the law at all. By default of the statement it could be possibly be implied but he didn't actually state he was against it. Maybe he will clarify it himself.

Jiggyfly

Banned
What I am saying is he didn't reference the law at all. By default of the statement it could be possibly be implied but he didn't actually state he was against it. Maybe he will clarify it himself.
Really?

I'm not going down anymore rabbit holes with you.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just to clarify their are laws popping up such as in California that are protecting the rights of transgender people to use the bathroom of their choice. If that's the law you're talking about then he would clearly be against it.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Just to clarify their are laws popping up such as in California that are protecting the rights of transgender people to use the bathroom of their choice. If that's the law you're talking about then he would clearly be against it.
I am talking about the laws that want a trans person going to he bathroom of there birth gender like the NC law.

2233boys

Not So New Member
I just really have to bite my tongue here and say nothing about it. But it's hard.
Bite your tongue? He is absolutely right. Falwells, Robertsons, and the like have been a detriment to our faith.

I have children, so by proclamation from the other parents in this thread, I am an expert on parenting. I see no issue with having unisex bathrooms in a school, much less, allowing a transgender boy or girl use the bathroom of the gender they are transitioning into.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
When I said "Post-Christian," I wasn't referring to any of the developments of the last few decades. I meant the collapse of Christianity as the guiding moral standard for the western world. That standard was independent of any human leaders failures. There's no particular event to point to as the moment.

We have been post-Christian for a few centuries now. We are currently in a period of mob morality. Social media hasn't helped.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Bite your tongue? He is absolutely right. Falwells, Robertsons, and the like have been a detriment to our faith.

I have children, so by proclamation from the other parents in this thread, I am an expert on parenting. I see no issue with having unisex bathrooms in a school, much less, allowing a transgender boy or girl use the bathroom of the gender they are transitioning into.
My liberal arts school friends would call giving teenagers the opportunity to switch genders in a way that affects the lives of other teenagers "agency." I would call it "malarkey."

townsend

Banned
My liberal arts school friends would call giving teenagers the opportunity to switch genders in a way that affects the lives of other teenagers "agency." I would call it "malarkey."
This does not disagree with my Babel statement.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
If we want to cut down on sexual assaults in Texas, we should ban Baylor's football program. :art

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
I really don't get the problem, they're going to be using stalls anyway, they're going to be behind "closed doors", if someone is waving around their junk in the bathroom that would be indecent exposure regardless of gender and bathroom wouldn't it?

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I really don't get the problem, they're going to be using stalls anyway, they're going to be behind "closed doors", if someone is waving around their junk in the bathroom that would be indecent exposure regardless of gender and bathroom wouldn't it?
You're making too much sense. The terrified fathers will be in here to accuse you of raping children any second now.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Probably would be smart to give people a chance to change clothes in a stall or similar anyway.
Are we going to have separate showers as well? Like three different kinds for all of the different types of people?

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Are we going to have separate showers as well? Like three different kinds for all of the different types of people?
Not everyone is interested in the opposite sex. A homosexual being inappropriate would be just as disruptive as a trans person.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not necessarily. Especially not since many locker rooms are also restrooms. Indecent exposure refers to public areas. A restroom is not considered a public area even though some people use the term "public restroom." It's why a man peeing in the bathroom is ok but peeing on the tree outside the bathroom is indecent exposure.

Now if you can prove that a man is show his penis in an offensive manner there are certain types of assault that may be available but that gets a bit more tricky. For example there are specific laws that prevent you from showing your genitals to an underage person for the purpose of sexual gratification. But unless the man or woman is actually doing something sexual in nature at the time it's difficult to prove.

Last edited:
Top Bottom