User Tag List

Page 606 of 721 FirstFirst ... 106506556596604605606607608616656706 ... LastLast
Results 6,051 to 6,060 of 7210

Thread: President Trump Thread...

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2233boys View Post
    That isn't what is happening here, but your fandom of Trump has colored your perspective. I said he should receive credit for bringing this about and should win the Nobel Peace Prize if this pans out.

My perception of his intelligence, is based on his words. So if he wants to look anywhere for blame, he can look in the mirror.
    That's not what I was arguing about.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

That isn't what is happening here, but your fandom of Trump has colored your perspective. I said he should receive credit for bringing this about and should win the Nobel Peace Prize if this pans out.

My perception of his intelligence, is based on his words. So if he wants to look anywhere for blame, he can look in the mirror.
    Trump isn't an intellectual guy at all. Lots of leaders aren't, so that isn't all that important. There are many forms of leaders out there that are effective.

I agree, he is a brute of an idiot on many occasions. Obama was a very smart leader but he was also a giant puss.

Trump generally runs people completely over in negotiations, which can work at times. He damn sure doesn't care what people think of him. He probably thinks like most middle of the road 70 year old men in the country, which is the backbone of our society.

I have made it widely known how I feel about Trump but I also hold no allegiances, so I don't mind giving credit where it is due. Dictators can generally be ignored or handled with brutality. In this case I believe that Trump's strategy is a much better one than Obama's. I find it very disingenuous to give one side credit for all of their positives while saying that your political opponent accidentally succeeded.

Let's be honest the way he talked and the rhetoric he used , made any reasonable (non Trump Fan boy) question his tactics. If you are saying it didn't, I don't hold any regard for your opinions from here on out.

That said, it seems to have worked. I am shocked. I don't feel the President is clever or smart enough to have done it on purpose. But he deserves credit for bringing this about, if it all pans out he should win the Nobel Peace Prize or at least be considered.
    Yeah, I think this is reasonable.

I think Trump is a little unhinged, and he's completely unPresidential in trading barbs with the head of state of another independent country like that.

But yeah, it does seem to have worked. Let's not pretend that he simply scared NK into cooperation because they think he might be crazy enough to Nuke them. It was a combination of good cop/bad cop. It was part willingness to deploy conventional forces against them. It was part unprecedented willingness to sell himself to them as a deal maker.

And China too. This was kinda a very crude "Only Nixon Can Go To China," moment. Nixon, cause he was such a staunch anti-communist, was seen as the only guy who could strike a deal with the Chinese with any credibility at the time. Now Trump has kinda sold himself as the ultimate dealmaker.

And to an extent, he's delivering on that. He apparently has sold the Chinese on a deal to increase pressure on the North Koreans. He's gonna pull out of a bunch of trade deals to find better deals; and don't think that wasn't part of his leverage against China.

I mean, it's kinda crazy, but it looks right now like Donald Trump is actually somewhat effective at making some of these international deals, and it's because he gives fuck all what people think about what he says or does.

And for what it's worth, I don't think it's all Donald Trump. I think there are some very smart conservative policy makers who've wanted to do this stuff for a long time, but were never green-lighted to break the status quo by the Bush or Obama administrations. Well, Trump didn't figure all this out on his own, but in his desire to be unconventional, I think he's green-lighted some unconventional stuff that is actually working.

So yeah he does deserve some credit. Not cause he figured it out, but because he was arrogant enough to take the risks that are paying off.

4. The following user likes this post:

Quote Originally Posted by BipolarFan View Post
    Don't know who this dude is but it was interesting to watch.

I just made the mistake of watching the best Trump insults on youtoobs. What a mistake...this guy is the most immature baby ever.

8. The following 2 users like this post:

Quote Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
    Yeah, I think this is reasonable.

I think Trump is a little unhinged, and he's completely unPresidential in trading barbs with the head of state of another independent country like that.

But yeah, it does seem to have worked. Let's not pretend that he simply scared NK into cooperation because they think he might be crazy enough to Nuke them. It was a combination of good cop/bad cop. It was part willingness to deploy conventional forces against them. It was part unprecedented willingness to sell himself to them as a deal maker.

And China too. This was kinda a very crude "Only Nixon Can Go To China," moment. Nixon, cause he was such a staunch anti-communist, was seen as the only guy who could strike a deal with the Chinese with any credibility at the time. Now Trump has kinda sold himself as the ultimate dealmaker.

And to an extent, he's delivering on that. He apparently has sold the Chinese on a deal to increase pressure on the North Koreans. He's gonna pull out of a bunch of trade deals to find better deals; and don't think that wasn't part of his leverage against China.

I mean, it's kinda crazy, but it looks right now like Donald Trump is actually somewhat effective at making some of these international deals, and it's because he gives fuck all what people think about what he says or does.

And for what it's worth, I don't think it's all Donald Trump. I think there are some very smart conservative policy makers who've wanted to do this stuff for a long time, but were never green-lighted to break the status quo by the Bush or Obama administrations. Well, Trump didn't figure all this out on his own, but in his desire to be unconventional, I think he's green-lighted some unconventional stuff that is actually working.

So yeah he does deserve some credit. Not cause he figured it out, but because he was arrogant enough to take the risks that are paying off.
    Every President has advisers and councelors None of them made all the decisions on their own. I don’t know why there is even a debate about it. The President is a leader and has the final say so as does many leaders. They make decisions but it’s based on a lot of input from several fronts. The way a leader is perceived by the public is how they present themselves to the masses but that isn’t an indicator of intelligence.
    Since Day One

Quote Originally Posted by skidadl View Post
    I just made the mistake of watching the best Trump insults on youtoobs. What a mistake...this guy is the most immature baby ever.
    It is bad. But his supporters view it as an admirable quality.

Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    It is bad. But his supporters view it as an admirable quality.
    Yeah boy.
    Since Day One

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    That's not what I was arguing about.
    Then I am confused. I'll move along.