2015 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
What about the Murray kid? Is he going to get lost in all this jumble? He is obviously too inexperienced to jump in and save the season but if the Aggies are pretty much done for this season I would consider giving him the reins in a lot of the remaining games.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
What about the Murray kid? Is he going to get lost in all this jumble? He is obviously too inexperienced to jump in and save the season but if the Aggies are pretty much done for this season I would consider giving him the reins in a lot of the remaining games.

The Aggies still have some good football in front of them. I would t give up now.

Murray is a runner right now. He needs to learn how to be a complete QB and stop arguing with his coach. Discipline kept him out of the game this week.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Hubenak will probably get the start next

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The Aggies still have some good football in front of them. I would t give up now.

Murray is a runner right now. He needs to learn how to be a complete QB and stop arguing with his coach. Discipline kept him out of the game this week.
He is better than just being arunner.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
He is better than just being arunner.

I'm sure he'll develop but he's not there right now. I'm familiar with the player and his high school career. I know you are in Allen and all of that. He's just not there yet. That's not a knock on the kid at all. He is just 18.

D

Deuce

Starting over sucks. It can go either way for you.
I think the new coach will have a lot of things going for him when he gets a healthy squad next year. Just have to make sure they bring in a quality guy. I'm liking the names I'm reading so far, though.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I think the new coach will have a lot of things going for him when he gets a healthy squad next year. Just have to make sure they bring in a quality guy. I'm liking the names I'm reading so far, though.
Any spread guys mentioned? Or are you guys looking for a defensive coach?

Lots of the spread assistants are hot right now and seem to be mentioned often.

D

Deuce

Any spread guys mentioned? Or are you guys looking for a defensive coach?

Lots of the spread assistants are hot right now and seem to be mentioned often.
Pretty much all the offensive minded coaches being thrown out there are spread based. Babers at Bowling Green, Campbell at Toledo, Cristobol (OL coach at Bama) and Dan Hawkins (yuck).

Then there's Geoff Collins (DC at Florida and former UCF assistant), Durkin (DC at Michigan with Florida ties) and Schiano who I think is a pipe dream but worth trying since he's unemployed right now.

Id be happy with any name listed other than Hawkins.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Pretty much all the offensive minded coaches being thrown out there are spread based. Babers at Bowling Green, Campbell at Toledo, Cristobol (OL coach at Bama) and Dan Hawkins (yuck).

Then there's Geoff Collins (DC at Florida and former UCF assistant), Durkin (DC at Michigan with Florida ties) and Schiano who I think is a pipe dream but worth trying since he's unemployed right now.

Id be happy with any name listed other than Hawkins.
Eww

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

I had heard his name mentioned as OC replacement for Spav after the season...maybe they move up timetable with his firing

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member

I had heard his name mentioned as OC replacement for Spav after the season...maybe they move up timetable with his firing
I don't get the firing. Maybe because Mangino wouldn't conform? The dude is hardheaded.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I don't get the firing. Maybe because Mangino wouldn't conform? The dude is hardheaded.
I guess :shrug all I know is the guy took friggin Kansas to the Orange Bowl and won....

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I guess :shrug all I know is the guy took friggin Kansas to the Orange Bowl and won....
No kidding...anyone who does that deserves a medal. Mangino is a good coach and all, he is just a little volatile at times.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
No kidding...anyone who does that deserves a medal. Mangino is a good coach and all, he is just a little volatile at times.
Yea I recall hearing he's a HUGE(pun intended) asshole. Iirc he got in trouble at OU for making players crawl across the turf.

Anyways that kind of coach might be a good thing for us right now especially with the Allen/Spav situation

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Dang. Seth Russell done for the year. Was looking forward to the Baylor/TCU game. Guess Stidham is going to be thrown into the fire.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Dang. Seth Russell done for the year. Was looking forward to the Baylor/TCU game. Guess Stidham is going to be thrown into the fire.
Baylor is the most complete team. TCU has some weaknesses. I was preparing for a Baylor championship. Now I don't know what the deal is gonna be. Briles has the team to support Stidham. I'd think that they can keep cruising. Of course, I wouldn't expect Stidham to be as good as Russell but he will probably be efficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom