Thread: President Trump Thread...

Quote Originally Posted by skidadl View Post
    Since Trump has been in office:

1. Economic growth 4%
    2. Household income up $2000
    3. Home equity up $10,000
    4. Unemployment at 3.8%
    5. Black and Hispanic unemployment at an all time low

Pretty damn astounding I’m such a short time. I honestly never expected that. There should be good vibes going everywhere but the country is more negative than ever. Dems are acting like the wheels are literally coming off. Trump has fought hard to do what he said he would more than anytime I can remember in my lifetime. I don’t agree with it all but he’s shown more integrity in that than this country has seen. This is all pretty amazing honestly. Yes, Trump is an idiot in many ways but this asshole and his staff got in office and got right to work. That is one advantage to having a businessman in office - they are familiar with accomplishing tasks.

This nation is so used to people that are and act like politicians. Their mode is never commit or tell anyone what they don’t want to hear. Politians are just exactly what people say they don’t want.

Trump doesn’t care what anyone thinks. What drives him is the challenge. He enjoys giving credit to himself and intimidates people to the point that they will declare themselves good or bad then he knows what he is really dealing with. His priority isn’t wealth it’s the feeling of accomplishment and the desire to hear the accolades. No one has ever occupied the office like him and despite the propaganda he is very intelligent.
    Last edited by L.T. Fan; 07-12-2018 at 10:16 AM.
    Since Day One

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    I know in the past it has swung back and forth, but it is different this time. There are people fleeing that party en masse. They allowed the media and Hollywood to take the party over and are now paying for it. Sensible liberals want nothing to do with those nutbags and are jumping ship.
    I don't think that's ultimately true. It's true for an election cycle, as independents and the center-left start realizing the craziness currently.

But the right will do something crazy, or the craziness will subside, and they center-left will return to that side of the aisle. Or the media will succeed in normalizing their craziness and it won't seem so crazy, and the next generation of center-leftists will actually believe that the left extreme is the mainstream. All kinds of outcomes.

It is not dead permanently. Demographics alone will ensure the Democratic party survives.

If anything the future of the Republican party is still the one more at risk, though it is nice to see them getting defections and winning some unexpected elections.

IMO the republicans are the ones that have the most risk here. The immigrants and youth are the ones who will be voting...that doesn’t bode well for the right. This election cycle maybe ted butbthe future is depressing.

The far left will alienate the classical liberals but the left will still be there.

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    IMO the republicans are the ones that have the most risk here. The immigrants and youth are the ones who will be voting...that doesn’t bode well for the right. This election cycle maybe ted butbthe future is depressing.

The far left will alienate the classical liberals but the left will still be there.
    I'm not saying the left will go away. I'm saying the Democratic party is in danger of going away. The left would then just form a new party. Oh, and it is fairly well documented that a lot of younger people tend to get more conservative as they age.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

I'm not saying the left will go away. I'm saying the Democratic party is in danger of going away. The left would then just form a new party. Oh, and it is fairly well documented that a lot of younger people tend to get more conservative as they age.
    That’s true but the kids these days have a long way to go to get the middle.

That’s true but the kids these days have a long way to go to get the middle.
    That's also true.

Quote Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
    No it's not. It comes and goes. In 2002 and 2004, to my recollection, the Republicans looked unbeatable as well. They had the Presidency and both houses of Congress at that time, people were saying the Democrats were finished if they couldn't put up a better showing against the unpopular Bush (even at that time).

Fast forward 4-6 years and people were saying "The Republican party is finished. Obama is issuing a new era of Democratic rule like FDR, and demographic changes mean Republicans will never win sustained major elections again under their current platforms." The Democrats had such control that they were able to ramrod home National Healthcare, which is wildly unpopular in the US in general. Whoops, then 2010 came and Republicans took back the House and Senate, and then the only reason they didn't win the Presidency in 2012 was really because of Obama's cult of personality.

It will swing back.
    It reminds me a little of the Game of Thrones quote "Lannister, Targaryen, Baratheon, Stark, Tyrell they're all just spokes on a wheel. This ones on top, then that ones on top and on and on it spins crushing those on the ground."

Personally I want to break the wheel. It's time for a new party to take over. It's crazy to me that because you believe in one or two things that the Republicans believe in that you suddenly have to subscribe to everything else. It's why both sides are continually calling each other hypocrites because neither party has a set of ideals that all seamlessly connect to each other. But here I am with Libertarian dreams just wishing that the rest of America would wake the fuck up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    It reminds me a little of the Game of Thrones quote "Lannister, Targaryen, Baratheon, Stark, Tyrell they're all just spokes on a wheel. This ones on top, then that ones on top and on and on it spins crushing those on the ground."

Personally I want to break the wheel. It's time for a new party to take over. It's crazy to me that because you believe in one or two things that the Republicans believe in that you suddenly have to subscribe to everything else. It's why both sides are continually calling each other hypocrites because neither party has a set of ideals that all seamlessly connect to each other. But here I am with Libertarian dreams just wishing that the rest of America would wake the fuck up.
    God bless you, fine sir.

He also drinks beer and likes baseball...PEOPLE WILL DIE
    2018 DCC Super Bowl Bingo Champion