NBA Chatter Thread

Jiggyfly

Banned
Both Parson's and Mathews want shots, Parson's reasons for leaving the Rockets was because he wanted a larger role.

Do you really think Carlisle would force feed Jordan to make him happy?

He would be getting the same rim runs and alley oops he get's in L.A. only from less efficient players.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Jordan would've definitely been more of an offensive focal point in Dallas than on the Clippers.

The Clippers have two top 15-20 players in CP3 and Griffin, the Mavs have 37 year old Dirk on a minute restriction, Parsons and uhh..Wesley Matthews?
Parson's is the highest paid guy on that team and wants to be "the guy" after Dirk. just because they are not top 15 -20 players does not mean they are giving the ball to Jordan for postups, especially considering he sucks in the post.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I think they'd include him more into the offense in Dallas.

Dallas doesn't have nearly as many offensive options as the Clippers. Jordan could have been their 3rd scoring option.
How many options does the Clippers have, 4 and one of those is a bench guy.

Dallas does not have the same level of players but they have that many better options than Jordan.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Parson's is the highest paid guy on that team and wants to be "the guy" after Dirk. just because they are not top 15 -20 players does not mean they are giving the ball to Jordan for postups, especially considering he sucks in the post.
My point is that Griffin and Paul play 35+ MPG and will always be the focal point of their offense when they are on the court, Jordan will never, ever have any offense run through him. He may not be the focal point for the Mavs offense for 30 MPG but he would certainly have more opportunity with nothing but 37 year old Dirk on a minutes restriction and Parsons/Matthews.

He wouldn't be the focal point, but there would be stretches where he would be, which is much more than you can say for his role on the Clippers.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
76ers crushing OKC right now, 21-18. Pretty late in the game too. I think we've turned the corner.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Mavs are 5-4....good enough for 4th in the WC.

I should probably try to order my playoff tickets now.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
76ers crushing OKC right now, 21-18. Pretty late in the game too. I think we've turned the corner.
The OKC bigs really bothered Okafor. They got kind of physical with him and he didn't respond well.

And once his offensive game went into the tank so did the rest of his game. He didn't make much of an impact on the boards or on defense.

It's a teachable moment for him. He needs to learn that even if his shots aren't falling he can impact the game in other means.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The OKC bigs really bothered Okafor. They got kind of physical with him and he didn't respond well.

And once his offensive game went into the tank so did the rest of his game. He didn't make much of an impact on the boards or on defense.

It's a teachable moment for him. He needs to learn that even if his shots aren't falling he can impact the game in other means.
Totally agree. If he wants to be great he'll learn from it. OKC defended him really well and you're exactly right, that's when you turn up the rebounds and assists.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
No Dirk, no Wesley Matthews, no Parsons, and yet we still beat the Rockets in Houston by double digits.

:towel

@jiggfly :laff

There is something really wrong with the Rockets right now.

1bigfan13

Staff member
No Dirk, no Wesley Matthews, no Parsons, and yet we still beat the Rockets in Houston by double digits.

:towel

@jiggfly :laff

There is something really wrong with the Rockets right now.
That's unacceptable.

Jiggy needs to take a lap for his team mailing it in like that.

One problem that I've noticed is that Lawson isn't allowed to run the offense and control the ball like he has his entire career. When he's on the court with Harden he has to play off the ball a lot more than he's used to because Harden is a guy who dominates the ball for long stretches of possessions.

Jiggyfly

Banned
That's unacceptable.

Jiggy needs to take a lap for his team mailing it in like that.

One problem that I've noticed is that Lawson isn't allowed to run the offense and control the ball like he has his entire career. When he's on the court with Harden he has to play off the ball a lot more than he's used to because Harden is a guy who dominates the ball for long stretches of possessions.
Take a lap?

This team is complete shit right now that lost the other night to the mavericks was the most embarrassing thing I have seen a supposed contender due.

I think everyone got the big head after last year and they expect teams to roll over or they can just flip a switch.

I have never been this disappointed in a teams play half the time they are just going through the motions or they looked lost.

I can see this whole thing falling apart pretty quickly into a finger pointing backstabbing mess.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Take a lap?

This team is complete shit right now that lost the other night to the mavericks was the most embarrassing thing I have seen a supposed contender due.

I think everyone got the big head after last year and they expect teams to roll over or they can just flip a switch.

I have never been this disappointed in a teams play half the time they are just going through the motions or they looked lost.

I can see this whole thing falling apart pretty quickly into a finger pointing backstabbing mess.
And this was before they lost another home game by double digits.....to the Celtics.

How long of a leash will McHale get?

Jiggyfly

Banned
And this was before they lost another home game by double digits.....to the Celtics.

How long of a leash will McHale get?
There is already rumblings of him being on the hot seat I don't see him lasting long, The only giy that's available that I would want is JVG but I don't know if he wants to coach again.

Tib's is a regular season coach and this team would have to be rebuilt to get him the guys he could work with.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I'm a big fan of JVG and think he would be an excellent fit for the Rockets.

He'd improve that defense and cut down the turnovers.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Welp, that didn't take long.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Welp, that didn't take long.

I just asked [MENTION=63]Jiggyfly[/MENTION] yesterday morning how long of a leash the Rockets would give McHale. Apparently, it was a 24 hour leash.

Maybe it wasn't even that. They didn't play last night so it possible they'd already decided they were gonna move on from him sometime yesterday but didn't make the move until today.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
They did have a players only meeting yesterday and then coach is fired...

Jiggyfly

Banned
Mchale had to go but it's more so on the players they have been going through the motions all year.

Makes me wonder if they were trying to get rid of him.

I will say there is a huge need to change up the offense, teams have locked in on what we do.

Top Bottom