2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yep. Trump's all our president. That's the country's badge of shame, and we earned it. The democrat's shit primary put out a bad candidate, the complacent ass liberals that sat home on Election Day because they needed a more inspirational candidate, the stupid rural whites that thought a con man could wind back the clock and make it the 80s again. This is a failure of the system and the population.
Badge of shame? It sucks that a lunatic was elected. I was not happy about it either. But what about the badge of shame for other lousy corrupt politicians that have been elected?

Plain and simple, that is the reality. It was not like he staged a military coup. You would think that is the case with the crying, psychological counseling and idiotic protests

In four years, people who are still upset can mobilize the lazy half of the voters to get him out of office.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Laugh away pal.

Pepe the Frog is a hate symbol and everyone needs a safe place from that kind of bullying.
What's sad is, I can see someone actually saying this in today's world. And, then 50 of his friends standing behind him for "support".

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
What's sad is, I can see someone actually saying this in today's world. And, then 50 of his friends standing behind him for "support".
Does go to demonstrate a lot of what resonated with Trump supporters. We have become a mentally weak, thin skinned society that is a far cry from the spirit of what forged it. Primitive, but entirely true.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Does go to demonstrate a lot of what resonated with Trump supporters. We have become a mentally weak, thin skinned society that is a far cry from the spirit of what forged it. Primitive, but entirely true.
Yep.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
To me the election is sort of like the NFL draft. After the pick has been made you might hate the selection. But then you move on and realize that you have no idea how the player will do now and hope for the best.

Sure lots of people hate that Trump was elected but now it's sort of time to sit back and hope he does a wonderful job. Time to just hold off on the bitching until he actually does something wrong as president.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
I think some of the alt-right springs from the feeling that everyone is a protected class except the average young white male. When you hear nothing but identity politics all the time, you're going to forge an identity of your own.

Jiggyfly

Banned
That wasn't a revolution. That was black voters who had never voted before and most not having a clue about issues, coming out and voting because the Dem candidate was black and for most, no other reason. If it were the politics, Hillary would have gotten the same turnout of blacks and would likely have won.
I am going to keep this simple.

Fuck you.

I'm tired of simple minded rhetoric that black people only voted for Barrack because he was black.

If you look at the the numbers this year the same could be said of the white vote who had never voted before.

And once again from all black people, sincerely.

Fuck you.

But thanks for finally laying you bigotry out for all to see.:flip

Jiggyfly

Banned
Some of this may be true, but let's remember, that Obama is the king of race baiting and using race to try and influence crap. While he wasn't as uneloquent about it as Trump, he damn sure was the practitioner in chief. So yeah, now let's have that honest discussion and all make up. I truly feel we will all be better off in the next four years than we have been and could have been.
:flip

Jiggyfly

Banned
Stronger borders, Repeal Obamacare, lower taxes, calling Islamic terrorism what it is, improving the economy, rebuilding the military and respect for law and order are all rejections of the past 8 years. don't be buffoonish.
YEA, finally calling Islamic terrorist is going to change everything.:towel

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think some of the alt-right springs from the feeling that everyone is a protected class except the average young white male. When you hear nothing but identity politics all the time, you're going to forge an identity of your own.
Absolutely. And that is what happened, identity politics. First election I have never seen that focused so little on traditional hot button issues. Clinton missed the chance to flip the script.

Jiggyfly

Banned
To me the election is sort of like the NFL draft. After the pick has been made you might hate the selection. But then you move on and realize that you have no idea how the player will do now and hope for the best.

Sure lots of people hate that Trump was elected but now it's sort of time to sit back and hope he does a wonderful job. Time to just hold off on the bitching until he actually does something wrong as president.
Actually that's where I am today.

Because nobody has any idea of how he will actually govern and he is definitely not an ideologue.

I have a filling people like Forts are going to be really disappointed, because he will actually work with democrats.

Well maybe not because he will definitely call Islamist terrorist and we know how much that means.:dunce

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

Fuck you.

I'm tired of simple minded rhetoric that black people only voted for Barrack because he was black.

If you look at the the numbers this year the same could be said of the white vote who had never voted before.

Fuck you.

It's the same whether it is one or a group.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Fuck you.

Fuck you.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Fortsbest's post there was pretty fucked up and not reality in any meaningful way.

Genghis Khan

Actually that's where I am today.

Because nobody has any idea of how he will actually govern and he is definitely not an ideologue.

I have a filling people like Forts are going to be really disappointed, because he will actually work with democrats.

Well maybe not because he will definitely call Islamist terrorist and we know how much that means.:dunce
I think Trump wants to do well if for no other reason than his massive ego. I think he will do a larger than normal amount of delegating as a consequence, which is good because he's is stunningly underqualified and incompetent.

Genghis Khan

Badge of shame? It sucks that a lunatic was elected. I was not happy about it either. But what about the badge of shame for other lousy corrupt politicians that have been elected?

Plain and simple, that is the reality. It was not like he staged a military coup. You would think that is the case with the crying, psychological counseling and idiotic protests

In four years, people who are still upset can mobilize the lazy half of the voters to get him out of office.
Exactly. The reaction we've seen from some people is some of the most ridiculous I've seen in my lifetime in any context.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Fuck you.

Fuck you.

I put it in the same category as the people who claim the only reason Hillary didn't win is because of sexism. It's a cheap card to pull out when you lose. Hillary didn't lose because she is a female any more then Obama won because he is black.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I'm hoping that Mr. Trump is really still a liberal on a lot of issues he used to be and watching guy's like Mitch McConnel's head's pop.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Absolutely. And that is what happened, identity politics. First election I have never seen that focused so little on traditional hot button issues. Clinton missed the chance to flip the script.
I'm so sick of the hot button issues being abortion and gay marriage. I realize that these are very personal issues for women and homosexuals that touch them deeply but they aren't changing. No Republican President is going to abolish abortion or gay marriage. That's up to the Supreme Court to decide. And no I don't believe appointing a Republican Supreme Court Justice is going to somehow send any sort of a massive shift in that.

The hot button issues should be things like the economy but that always seems to get pushed to the back burner. People are more concerned about raising the minimum wage then they are about helping the private sector create more jobs so that everyone is able to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom