Must See Movies

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
They sell the Sausage Party books at Alamo Drafthouse in the other theaters. I bought one from our server for no other reason than to embarrass my wife. It worked, and I got hit for it. :lol
Heh. Yeah, I saw those but did not buy one.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
They sell the Sausage Party books at Alamo Drafthouse in the other theaters. I bought one from our server for no other reason than to embarrass my wife. It worked, and I got hit for it. :lol
Nice info. In a couple of weeks I will make sure you get hit again for buying it. :lol

D

Deuce

The DCC does me right again! Thanks to lowering my expectations, I didn't mind Suicide Squad as much I probably would have before.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Anyone see Legend of Tarzan? Highly skeptical but the Austin Chronicle gave it 3 stars out of 5. I am thinking about going to see a movie tonight and that one may be in play. Star Trek and Suicide Squad are also considerations though neither got glowing reviews from the Chronicle, and Suicide Squad has gotten mixed reviews here, but more bad than good outside of Carp, the proudly shameless DC whore. I am not too concerned with ratings on this one though. Just looking for a big summer popcorn movie mostly.

dallen

Senior Tech
Star Trek Beyond is one of the best movies of the Summer.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Star Trek Beyond is one of the best movies of the Summer.
OK, cool. My in-laws were talking it up the other night but I do not put much stock in their movie opinions. I just texted my wife and she said Star Trek over the others so Star Trek it is. Good to hear that it is probably better than the unfavorable rating it got in our local culture/arts/entertainment weekly. We'll be seeing it in 3D, which I don't always do the 3D time slots work better for us tonight and it seems like it could be a good one for that format anyway.

D

Deuce

Anyone see Legend of Tarzan? Highly skeptical but the Austin Chronicle gave it 3 stars out of 5. I am thinking about going to see a movie tonight and that one may be in play. Star Trek and Suicide Squad are also considerations though neither got glowing reviews from the Chronicle, and Suicide Squad has gotten mixed reviews here, but more bad than good outside of Carp, the proudly shameless DC whore. I am not too concerned with ratings on this one though. Just looking for a big summer popcorn movie mostly.
I've seen all 3 and actually enjoyed Tarzan as much, if not more, than the other two. Star Trek has the same tired plot it's had a few times in the past and Suicide Squad is just ok.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I've seen all 3 and actually enjoyed Tarzan as much, if not more, than the other two. Star Trek has the same tired plot it's had a few times in the past and Suicide Squad is just ok.
I wouldn't mind seeing it but sounds like the wife has made the call and it is going to be Star Trek. The local review also said it was a tired storyline but the in-laws said it was loaded with action. Dallen gives it the thumbs up. I'll suffer the lackluster storyline for some outerspace action.

dallen

Senior Tech
I wouldn't mind seeing it but sounds like the wife has made the call and it is going to be Star Trek. The local review also said it was a tired storyline but the in-laws said it was loaded with action. Dallen gives it the thumbs up. I'll suffer the lackluster storyline for some outerspace action.
It is a plot they've done a few times before, but this is one of the best versions of it. I think it is easily the best Star Trek movie since Star Trek VI. It does a great job with the big screen action, but the themes and philosophy of the movie feel a lot more in tune with classic Star Trek than anything we've seen since the turn of the millennium.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Went and saw the early screening of Hell or High Water.

Very good flick.

Jeff Bridges may get an Oscar nod for that role.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Jesus Christ. Your wife made the call and you get to see star trek?

My wife made the call a week and a half ago...and we saw Bad Moms. :angry

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
You need to control your woman.

My wife said she wanted to see that, I told her to go take a girl's night out with her girlfriend, I got the kids. No effing way I am going to watch that shit in a theater.

E_D, you got a keeper. Geng, you are fucked.

That is all.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It is a plot they've done a few times before, but this is one of the best versions of it. I think it is easily the best Star Trek movie since Star Trek VI. It does a great job with the big screen action, but the themes and philosophy of the movie feel a lot more in tune with classic Star Trek than anything we've seen since the turn of the millennium.
I haven't seen it and probably won't see it until it comes out on Redbox or whatever. I know you are a hard core Trekkie, so I am sure that makes you dig it more.

I just know I am not a fan at all of what Abrams did to the franchise. And seeing a movie with what appears to be the plot scope of STTOS episode doesn't appeal to me.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
You need to control your woman.

My wife said she wanted to see that, I told her to go take a girl's night out with her girlfriend, I got the kids. No effing way I am going to watch that shit in a theater.

E_D, you got a keeper. Geng, you are fucked.

That is all.

You are definitely right about that. :lol

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Jesus Christ. Your wife made the call and you get to see star trek?

:lol

That's why you give her choices, but only choices from a list that you create. That way she still gets the satisfaction of making the decision but you still get to see a movie you want to see.

Of course it doesn't always work that way. Sometimes she decides my list sucks and chooses none of the above. That is usually when I go to the movies by myself.

Last edited:

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I got what I was looking for out of Star Trek. Shitloads of action. The story was pretty meh and there were a lot of really corny moments but whatever. Lots of fighting and shit blowing up. Worked for me.

townsend

Banned
I got what I was looking for out of Star Trek. Shitloads of action. The story was pretty meh and there were a lot of really corny moments but whatever. Lots of fighting and shit blowing up. Worked for me.
Roddenberry is spinning in his grave.

Top Bottom