User Tag List

Page 656 of 678 FirstFirst ... 156556606646654655656657658666 ... LastLast
Results 6,551 to 6,560 of 6771

Thread: President Trump Thread...

Quote Originally Posted by townsend View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.3a83da8d5514

If Democrats had done this to Trump, I would have been calling it treason.
    Can't read it because it was locked. But it's the WaPO sooooo.

Keep in mind when Obama went to negotiate with Iran Tom Cotton and several senate Republicans sent a letter to Iran specifically to undermine the negotiations.
    I don't remember it, but I would have had a problem with it. But they were at least at the time still in government. Not like Lurch and the others doing that shit now.
    No president had been so nakedly opposed (to the detriment of the nation)like Obama was by the opposition party. By comparison Democrats have been pushovers. If Trump had the good sense to accept bipartisan deals he would have 3 or 4 big legislative victories by now. With Schumer coming to Trump hat in hand with big compromises on DACA, Immigration, Healthcare, and Gov’t funding.
    This is BS. First off, His social policies needed opposition, but aside from that, he wasted his first 2 years with super majorities trying to get one piece of legislation passed. And even at that they had to bribe Dem congressmen to vote for it. 2 years of super majorities that could have passed anything he wanted, but no. After that, people elected the Rs to replace the Ds that voted that in. Trump hasn't had one solitary moment without opposition from not only opposing politicians, but 90% of the media and even his own party at times. HTey had an agreement on DACA and Schumer and his group pulled out or asked for more (I forget which) and it was pulled off the table. The last temp budget was an absolute Dem win so they gave up crap.

Unfortunately when Republicans don’t get exactly what they want, they love to take their ball and go home, and if it isn’t their ball, they’ll just kick it over the fence.
    Yeah, not true and even if it were, they had mostly 8 years where the great unifier and his ilk were so toxic, no one gets along now worse than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by fortsbest View Post
    You mean the paper that ended Nixon and exposed Roy Moore. Literally the only complaint someone can have about probably the best paper in the country is that they wanted to vote for the criminals WaPo busted.

I don't remember it, but I would have had a problem with it. But they were at least at the time still in government. Not like Lurch and the others doing that shit now.

This is BS. First off, His social policies needed opposition, but aside from that, he wasted his first 2 years with super majorities trying to get one piece of legislation passed. And even at that they had to bribe Dem congressmen to vote for it. 2 years of super majorities that could have passed anything he wanted, but no. After that, people elected the Rs to replace the Ds that voted that in. Trump hasn't had one solitary moment without opposition from not only opposing politicians, but 90% of the media and even his own party at times. HTey had an agreement on DACA and Schumer and his group pulled out or asked for more (I forget which) and it was pulled off the table. The last temp budget was an absolute Dem win so they gave up crap.

Yeah, not true and even if it were, they had mostly 8 years where the great unifier and his ilk were so toxic, no one gets along now worse than ever.

Have a seat and watch the best documentary about Obama’s first term. It takes a while but if you can set aside some time, it’d dispel a lot of the notions you probably have about Obama.

Have a seat and watch the best documentary about Obama’s first term. It takes a while but if you can set aside some time, it’d dispel a lot of the notions you probably have about Obama.
    Fake News.

I'll watch it peace-meal, but I'm not devoting 2 more hours of my time to him. He's out but still interfering.

You mean the paper that ended Nixon and exposed Roy Moore. Literally the only complaint someone can have about probably the best paper in the country is that they wanted to vote for the criminals WaPo busted.
    What they did to Nixon they did when journalism was still a profession. Now for most of them its forgotten and most of the "reporters" are actually commentators and pundits.

What they did to Nixon they did when journalism was still a profession. Now for most of them its forgotten and most of the "reporters" are actually commentators and pundits.
    I think you’d be surprised how (unreasonably) fair many papers including WaPo are. They’re still terrified to use the word “lie” when describing Trump and his staff’s daily, objectively verifiable deceptions.

It’s absolutely true that especially on cable news that punditry has replaced journalism. CNN is probably the worst offender, because endless arguments where people recite talking points at each other are great for ratings.

I'll watch it peace-meal, but I'm not devoting 2 more hours of my time to him. He's out but still interfering.
    I genuinely appreciate that. Thank you.

Factual Reporting: HIGH

Notes: The Washington Post is an American daily newspaper. It is the most widely circulated newspaper published in Washington, D.C., and was founded on December 6, 1877. The newspaper has won 47 Pulitzer Prizes. This includes six separate Pulitzers awarded in 2008, the second-highest number ever awarded to a single newspaper in one year. Post journalists have also received 18 Nieman Fellowships and 368 White House News Photographers Association awards. The Washington Post has a liberal bias in reporting choices, however they are typically well sourced to credible information. Sometimes they rush stories to be the first to break them, which leads to poor sourcing. This has occurred on a few occasions in 2016. When an error is made the Washington Post responsibly makes corrections. (5/18/2016) Updated (1/12/2017)

Sounds really dubios...
    @Rev supporter