User Tag List

Page 646 of 678 FirstFirst ... 146546596636644645646647648656 ... LastLast
Results 6,451 to 6,460 of 6771

Thread: President Trump Thread...

Quote Originally Posted by BipolarFan View Post
    That's right. They don't have to fear the knuckle draggers who won't vote for them because they call out the imbecile in chief.
    High level response.
    Since Day One

Why do all these criminals keep gathering around Trump?

In a weird way, you have to admire Paul Manafort. If you were under house arrest and had the federal government watching your every move, would you have the chutzpah to commit more crimes?

That’s just the kind of initiative that must have attracted him to Donald Trump, and it’s what special counsel Robert S. Mueller III is now asserting:

Federal prosecutors accused former Trump presidential campaign chairman Paul Manafort of witness tampering late Monday in his criminal case and asked a federal judge to consider revoking or revising his release.

Prosecutors accused Manafort and a longtime associate they linked to Russian intelligence of repeatedly contacting two members of a public relations firm and asking them to falsely testify about secret lobbying they did at Manafort’s behest.

The charge is that Manafort attempted to suborn perjury by asking some associates of his to testify falsely that when he worked with them on behalf of the government of Ukraine some years ago, the work wasn’t in the United States but was instead aimed at lobbying European governments. The problem Manafort faces is that among the crimes he’s accused of are violations of the Foreign Agents Registration Act; Manafort was acting as an agent of the Ukrainian government but never registered.

This is just one of the many, many crimes Manafort is accused of committing. His deputy, Rick Gates, is already cooperating with Mueller, and one of the great unanswered questions is why Manfort himself hasn’t flipped yet given the evidence against him. One theory is that Manafort has done business with some extremely dangerous characters, and he may fear that if he tells everything he knows, then he or his family could wind up dead.

Does this have anything to do with the Trump campaign? The answer is that we just don’t know. Manafort’s work for Ukraine had ended by the time he joined the Trump campaign; his Ukrainian client, at-one-time-president and Kremlin ally Viktor Yanukovych, was overthrown in 2014 and fled to Russia. But the person who was helping Manafort in this alleged witness-tampering scheme appears to be his longtime business associate Konstantin Kilimnik, a Russian national with possible ties to Russian intelligence who was still in contact with Manafort during the campaign.

Before we get too far down that rabbit hole, let me draw your attention to these two tweets that the president sent by sheer coincidence on Sunday, the day before Mueller filed the motion accusing Manafort of witness tampering:

Quote Originally Posted by Kbrown View Post
    “More like pee tape butter and jelly, right?”

“Okay, that’s enough.”

5. The following user likes this post:

Quote Originally Posted by townsend View Post
    Jesus Christ. I don’t even know how to answer this, the economy was on the verge of collapse, and Obama oversaw 75 straight months of consecutive growth. 11.5 million jobs were created. Median houshold income hit it’s highest level in history after tumbling for Bush’s entire time in office. “Lowest level if improvement in history”.
    https://www.weeklystandard.com/jeffr...ly-bad-economy

https://www.factcheck.org/2017/09/obamas-final-numbers/
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/poste...=.1ba83aecef11

Whoever gave you that moronic talking point should not be listened to, and you should be less confident to quote whatever Fox News tells you.

Let’s be clear, two of the last two democratic presidents greatly inproved the economy, and the last two Republicans tanked, and are attempting to tank the economy. So don’t fucking “so, yeah” me.
    Ok asshat, here's some non Fox reporting on the fact of the Obama economy. Read and quit sucking the teat of the Democratic PR machine. Reagan set up Clinton and sadly, Bush set up Obama, yet Obama struck out.

And going back to CA's economy, we've already addressed that nonsense with Bipo in another thread he posted about their bullshit 5th largest economy article. Go read it and see the falsehoods of that story and the real story of their debts etc.

Quote Originally Posted by fortsbest View Post
    https://www.weeklystandard.com/jeffr...ly-bad-economy

https://www.factcheck.org/2017/09/obamas-final-numbers/
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/poste...=.1ba83aecef11

Ok asshat, here's some non Fox reporting on the fact of the Obama economy. Read and quit sucking the teat of the Democratic PR machine. Reagan set up Clinton and sadly, Bush set up Obama, yet Obama struck out.

And going back to CA's economy, we've already addressed that nonsense with Bipo in another thread he posted about their bullshit 5th largest economy article. Go read it and see the falsehoods of that story and the real story of their debts etc.
    😂😂 The, “I loosened the cap for him defense.”

Bush “setup” Obama by nuking a decades worth of growth. This might be the most ridiculous thing I’ve read. I genuinely felt a little bad because when I came back to this board I came back a little hot, and my response was over the top.

But seriously dude? Bush setup Obama? Did Hoover setup FDR too?

I skimmed the sources, some of them are good some not so much, I can provide a more exhaustive evaluation when I’m not using a cell phone.

2018 DCC Super Bowl Bingo Champion

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    ���� The, “I loosened the cap for him defense.”

Bush “setup” Obama by nuking a decades worth of growth. This might be the most ridiculous thing I’ve read. I genuinely felt a little bad because when I came back to this board I came back a little hot, and my response was over the top.

But seriously dude? Bush setup Obama? Did Hoover setup FDR too?

I skimmed the sources, some of them are good some not so much, I can provide a more exhaustive evaluation when I’m not using a cell phone.
    Thank goodness you came back to tell us which sources are good and which are not.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

10. The following user likes this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    Thank goodness you came back to tell us which sources are good and which are not.
    Well the good ones are not the ones in the echo chamber. The bad ones are not in the echo chamber.
    #Fire Garrett

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    Gee whiz, you must get home from work early. I have commutes from southest to east Fort Worth and then a dinner in Dallas to get to.

The criticism from the Wapo article is completely fair. There’s a lot the Obama administration could have done to hold banks accountable. I don’t think it even touched on Eric Holder’s complete lack of punishment for the recessions architects. But that seems like a great justification for a president Liz Warren, but a pretty poor one if it’s comparing the economic record of liberals and conservatives, since a lot of Obama’s 2009-2010 mistakes happened because he was naive enough to think Republican friendly legislation, like bank friendly bailouts, would recruit bipartisan support.

The numbers on the weekly standard need more analysis. But it doesn’t really pass the scratch test, it’s like if someone posted a hot take to say Drew Henson was the greatest cowboys QB. They would probably have some statistics they had painstakingly extracted to tell you why, but any article whose thesis includes that Bush’s economy is better than Obama’s is operating from a faulty premise and working their excel spreadsheets overtime to get the numbers to fit that narrative.

The other numbers article seems fine. Seems like one that tracks the (flawed) recovery from the brink of a meltdown that the Obama administration pulled off.