User Tag List

Page 635 of 676 FirstFirst ... 135535585625633634635636637645 ... LastLast
Results 6,341 to 6,350 of 6758

Thread: President Trump Thread...

Well this is going well.

Quote Originally Posted by BipolarFan View Post
    If Obama had threatened tariffs or actually imposed them on allies such as this president has, YOU, Rush, Hannity, FOX News, and every other fucking political mouth breather would have been furious.

Your nothing but a fucking window licking fan boy that goes along with anything the guy does.
    To be fair every democrat would have been cheering like he is the most brilliant man ever if that happened. Probably would have tossed him another Nobel Prize.

The funny thing is I would have expected a move like this out of a Democrat who has zero understanding of economics. It's sad that we are seeing it from the Republican side now.

3. The following 2 users like this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    To be fair every democrat would have been cheering like he is the most brilliant man ever if that happened. Probably would have tossed him another Nobel Prize.

The funny thing is I would have expected a move like this out of a Democrat who has zero understanding of economics. It's sad that we are seeing it from the Republican side now.
    It is extreme left wing economics that is being cheered by the far right as genius, bold, STRONG!

It is extreme left wing economics that is being cheered by the far right as genius, bold, STRONG!

Yeah and it's insane. One of the things I actually thought I had in common with the Right.

Yeah and it's insane. One of the things I actually thought I had in common with the Right.
    They are foolish.

All they lead to is other countries retaliating.

They are foolish.

All they lead to is other countries retaliating.
    I agree, which drives up the cost of goods for everyone. Hopefully something will get worked out though. I'm just hoping its part of his bullish tactics.

I agree, which drives up the cost of goods for everyone. Hopefully something will get worked out though. I'm just hoping its part of his bullish tactics.
    That’s the whole idea. It will get to a place where it becomes in the best interest of the parties to come together and work out a new agreement. That’s is what Trump has been doing with the countries where the US has an inequitable or perceived inequitable position. The Tarriffs are tools to get the processes started. I don’t have any specifics but it was part of his platform.
    Since Day One

The US has been working with a trade deficit for years, tariffs won’t change that.
    It’s all about speculation now, or internet/software in the US almost no goods manufacturers
    @Rev supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Angrymesscan View Post
    The US has been working with a trade deficit for years, tariffs won’t change that.
    It’s all about speculation now, or internet/software in the US almost no goods manufacturers
    Not sure I agree that tariffs won’t help. The lack of tariffs previously allowed foreign trade to create trade deficits. Initially it was Japan with the car industry then China and South Korea followed. After a while Canada and Mexico became inequitable trade partners Alfter a while the Mid East was getting a strangle hold on petroleum with the help of US companies. All of this has now put the US in dire straits and as you pointed out speculators have moved away from the country. Tariffs can be used as a tool to make it prohibitive for the investors to continue their habits and reverse the flow of trading and speculator trends.. this circumstance didn’t happen overnight and it will take a while to reverse.
    Since Day One

This feels like one of those BS, both side are the same, extrapolation that the facts don’t coincide with.
    Democrats pushed back against Obama a lot on foreign policy. He was more scrutinized for usage of drones, in a way Trump hasn’t been at all (even though civilian casualties have skyrocketed in the Trump regime). Democrats overwhelmingly dissaproved of Obama’s proposed strikes on Syria in 2013. This feels like one bubble talking about how they think another bubble looks, without ever peering inside,
    It’s weird how conservatives still like to pretend knew one fucking thing about the economy. Look at how many times Brownbacks, Pences, Jindhals, Bushes and Reagans have so grotesquely mismanaged their economies. Basically Republicans treat governments like venture capitalists treat Toys R Us. Load it down with debt to benefit the interests of a few corporate shareholders, take a job elsewhere, watch it burn in the rearview mirror.