User Tag List

Page 573 of 673 FirstFirst ... 73473523563571572573574575583623 ... LastLast
Results 5,721 to 5,730 of 6722

Thread: President Trump Thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Angrymesscan View Post
    Protectionism is never good, when it comes to economy it really is about sink or swim.
    I believe Tarrifs can be good if done right. Trump f**ed up in the way he announced it and his original thoughts (he needs to think things through more) but if implemented correctly I think it can be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by bbgun View Post
    First time for everything.
    If he was prepared and not a jackass you’re right it would be the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by 2233boys View Post
    I believe Tarrifs can be good if done right. Trump f**ed up in the way he announced it and his original thoughts (he needs to think things through more) but if implemented correctly I think it can be helpful.
    Eh not sure I really agree with that. I don't know much about currency manipulation so I could understand the need for it if another country is gaining an unfair advantage in an industry through currency manipulation but ultimately tariffs are a bad idea. It prevents Americans from getting goods at the cheapest possible costs. If our steel industry can't compete with another countries steel industry in terms of efficiency than we should do something else with our resources and trade what we do best for what they do best. It's a simple tenant of economics. It's actually not efficient for us to try and compete in every industry by using tariffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    Eh not sure I really agree with that. I don't know much about currency manipulation so I could understand the need for it if another country is gaining an unfair advantage in an industry through currency manipulation but ultimately tariffs are a bad idea. It prevents Americans from getting goods at the cheapest possible costs. If our steel industry can't compete with another countries steel industry in terms of efficiency than we should do something else with our resources and trade what we do best for what they do best. It's a simple tenant of economics. It's actually not efficient for us to try and compete in every industry by using tariffs.
    I think we do, from what I heard we are one of the largest if not largest distributors in the world. I didn’t think many would agree with me here, this isn’t the typical conservative or blue dog Democrat view point.

Quote Originally Posted by 2233boys View Post
    I think we do, from what I heard we are one of the largest if not largest distributors in the world. I didn’t think many would agree with me here, this isn’t the typical conservative or blue dog Democrat view point.
    Well and I think tariffs are usually pretty popular because you can put articles in the paper that say, Trump saved 500,000 steel worker jobs. Or things like that. But in the long run propping up inefficient industries is destructive. It's the same reason I was so against the bailout for the automobile industry. Short term it looks great. But all you'e done is propped up some companies that should have failed so that better companies can fill the void.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDak View Post
    Looks like the guy that accuses everyone of worshiping at the alter of Fox News is the only one that actually reads/watches it and may have a slight obsession of his own.

I read from a variety of news sites.

In the current situation I think the tariffs on the two industries it to get the US back into production since these industries are almost extinct. The startup costs will be done through the surpluses of private investment then the pricing will be aimed at the specific user consumer without affecting the overall taxation of the public. The aim is obviously to bring down the pricing controls of the international exporters as it currently is being done as well as improve quality of production.
    Since Day One

Well and I think tariffs are usually pretty popular because you can put articles in the paper that say, Trump saved 500,000 steel worker jobs. Or things like that. But in the long run propping up inefficient industries is destructive. It's the same reason I was so against the bailout for the automobile industry. Short term it looks great. But all you'e done is propped up some companies that should have failed so that better companies can fill the void.
    I was against the financial bailout as well, for the banks and the Automotive industry