User Tag List

Page 718 of 718 FirstFirst ... 218618668708716717718
Results 7,171 to 7,174 of 7174

Thread: President Trump Thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    I think the legislation should simply read that it is up to the states to decide.
    Isn’t that where it is currently? The states currently have the say so about the laws but that isn’t convenient for the pro pot group. They want the feds to take over and force the states to comply whether they agree or not. In fact I think that is the position for a great deal of this forums members. I brought the local community position a little while back and it went begging.
    Since Day One

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by L.T. Fan View Post
    Isn’t that where it is currently? The states currently have the say so about the laws but that isn’t convenient for the pro pot group. They want the feds to take over and force the states to comply whether they agree or not. In fact I think that is the position for a great deal of this forums members. I brought the local community position a little while back and it went begging.
    Technically, no. It is still illegal at the federal level and if the feds wanted to be dicks they could shut down the states that have made it legal. The pro pots groups want the feds to officially declare it legal for the states to make it legal within their borders.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Quote Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
    That was Obama's policy, which was briefly reversed when Trump was elected and uber right winger Jeff Sessions was put in charge of the DOJ. But it does seem that Trump has backed off marijuana enforcement over Sessions' objections. However, pushing legalization legislation would, simply put, earn him the vote of millions of non-voters to whom he'd be a complete hero.
    I just remember seeing a tweet within the last few months where he stated that and I agree with your voting sentiment.
    #Fire Garrett

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    Technically, no. It is still illegal at the federal level and if the feds wanted to be dicks they could shut down the states that have made it legal. The pro pots groups want the feds to officially declare it legal for the states to make it legal within their borders.
    I think we are saying the same thing. By the feds declaring it illegal, the states still can in fact vote their own mandates of making it legal or no. That’s why it is a checkerboard currently. The pro pot advocates want the Feds to make it legal across the board and take any control from a state mandate.
    Since Day One