2015 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Damn freakin Mayfield being a general badass.
He's a natural leader, that's for sure.

Sometimes he'll make your heart stop by not giving up on a play when nothing is there but overall I've been very impressed with him. Best QB we've had since Bradford.

And as Herbstreit and Fowler pointed out, he absolutely should be in the Heisman discussion.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
He's a natural leader, that's for sure.

Sometimes he'll make your heart stop by not giving up on a play when nothing is there but overall I've been very impressed with him. Best QB we've had since Bradford.

And as Herbstreit and Fowler pointed out, he absolutely should be in the Heisman discussion.
If yall win out he should be in the discussion.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I'd actually like to see Doctson or Henry win the Heisman. I'm tired of them always giving the award to QBs.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If yall win out he should be in the discussion.
Yeah I think it's Henry as the front runner right now and then a large group of possible heisman candidates. The media loves them some Alabama. Of course the game today has to make you wonder how good that LSU win is now but the media will have none of that.

Wisconsin might be Alabama's best win...

1bigfan13

Staff member
Next week's Mich St. vs. Ohio St. game is hard to evaluate.

Neither team has been that impressive this year. In fact, both of their seasons have kind of played out in a similar fashion.....lots of close games against bad to average teams.

If I had to choose I think I'd go with Ohio State since they're at home, have the better running game, and a better defense.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Yeah I think it's Henry as the front runner right now and then a large group of possible heisman candidates. The media loves them some Alabama. Of course the game today has to make you wonder how good that LSU win is now but the media will have none of that.

Wisconsin might be Alabama's best win...
I should have seen this LSU collapse coming. They've been a one dimensional team all year but I thought they could get by with Fournette and a stout defense. But now their defense is hemorrhaging yards on the ground at an alarming rate, teams are locking Fournette down, and their passing game is too limited to make teams pay for selling out to stop the run.

It'll be interesting to see if they're still afforded the benefit of the doubt after two sub par performances.

1bigfan13

Staff member
The NCAA should start penalizing teams 15 yards for unsportsmanlike conduct for fake injuries like that.

It's an epidemic. Every week you see 2 or 3 plays like that where a guy is perfectly fine but just lays down to get a free time out or to slow down an up-tempo team.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Next week's Mich St. vs. Ohio St. game is hard to evaluate.

Neither team has been that impressive this year. In fact, both of their seasons have kind of played out in a similar fashion.....lots of close games against bad to average teams.

If I had to choose I think I'd go with Ohio State since they're at home, have the better running game, and a better defense.
Saw Connor Cook got hurt, any word on his injury?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I should have seen this LSU collapse coming. They've been a one dimensional team all year but I thought they could get by with Fournette and a stout defense.
Yeah I always knew their QB sucked but I felt the same way you did. That in the SEC they would get by just bullying people with the run game and talent on defense.

College football is all about the QB though. At least it is for the most part. I know as an Iowa fan Beathard has been all the difference in the world for our team. He doesn't even put up big numbers but he is a hell of a good QB. If they forced him to throw more I have no doubt he would put up great numbers.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Baker Mayfield has filled the hole in my soul that JFF left.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Don't look now but Mike Leach's Washington Cougars have cracked the Top 25.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Now if Notre Dame loses to Stanford everything changes.
Honestly the way I see it, Notre Dame is in the same boat as the Sooners and the other Big 12 contenders.

They don't have a CCG to boost their resume either. So if the committee is going to ding the Big 12 for this then Notre should be dinged as well.

Plus looking at Notre Dame's schedule, Navy is their best win. So it's not like they're piling up the wins against ranked opponents.

The only thing they have going for them is the benefit of name recognition. Lucky for them the committee has shown that name recognition plays heavily into their decision making.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Honestly the way I see it, Notre Dame is in the same boat as the Sooners and the other Big 12 contenders.

They don't have a CCG to boost their resume either. So if the committee is going to ding the Big 12 for this then Notre should be dinged as well.

Plus looking at Notre Dame's schedule, Navy is their best win. So it's not like they're piling up the wins against ranked opponents.

The only thing they have going for them is the benefit of name recognition. Lucky for them the committee has shown that name recognition plays heavily into their decision making.

I know that ND is a huge name but OU is no scrub. You're talking about a team that has some major skins.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

The problem is Notre Dame's loss was close and to an elite team. Meaning their one loss is better then anyone elses.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I know that ND is a huge name but OU is no scrub. You're talking about a team that has some major skins.
ND has more press, IMO OK has been a better college power and a bigger name than any program save Bama over the last 70 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom