User Tag List

Page 636 of 668 FirstFirst ... 136536586626634635636637638646 ... LastLast
Results 6,351 to 6,360 of 6679

Thread: President Trump Thread...

Wait, what? I'd argue with you but I'm tired of it. I'll let history do it and it disagrees with you.. Because except for Clinton who got a budding economy handed to him, Each of the Democratic presidents haven't cone squat with the economies they were given or left. Obama apparently improved the economy, but it was the lowest level of improvement in history so, yeah, they are great with the economy.

Irony is Townsend’s avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by fortsbest View Post
    Wait, what? I'd argue with you but I'm tired of it. I'll let history do it and it disagrees with you.. Because except for Clinton who got a budding economy handed to him, Each of the Democratic presidents haven't cone squat with the economies they were given or left. Obama apparently improved the economy, but it was the lowest level of improvement in history so, yeah, they are great with the economy.
    Jesus Christ. I don’t even know how to answer this, the economy was on the verge of collapse, and Obama oversaw 75 straight months of consecutive growth. 11.5 million jobs were created. Median houshold income hit it’s highest level in history after tumbling for Bush’s entire time in office. “Lowest level if improvement in history”.

Whoever gave you that moronic talking point should not be listened to, and you should be less confident to quote whatever Fox News tells you.

Let’s be clear, two of the last two democratic presidents greatly inproved the economy, and the last two Republicans tanked, and are attempting to tank the economy. So don’t fucking “so, yeah” me.

It’s very disorienting walking into conversations where Fox News propaganda is accepted as fact, Obama’s numbers are much better than the numbers we’re slobbering all over Trump for, but it doesn’t count cause he’s like a Muslim and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by midswat View Post
    Irony is Townsend’s avatar.
    If you’d seen the episode this is from, you’d probably have a good idea of how I feel during many of these conversations.

Itís true that Republicans have economic theory right, but in practice, they completely fuck it up. Look no further than the massive deficits run up under Bush 2, but the surplus from Bill Clinton.

Not that there are any real economics that Clinton understood ó he was the beneficiary of an amazing economic boom that should be credited to the discovery of the internet, not any government policy ó but Democrats do, for large part, believe in government power, so they try to make it better. Republicans try to tear it down, which should be done, but in implementation end up favoriting something like the military industrial complex which erases any gains they made with tax cuts, and leaves the rest of the government working less well.

Stereotypically, anyway. I suppose a Republican like Rand Paul could break that mold.

Quote Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
    It’s true that Republicans have economic theory right, but in practice, they completely fuck it up. Look no further than the massive deficits run up under Bush 2, but the surplus from Bill Clinton.

Not that there are any real economics that Clinton understood — he was the beneficiary of an amazing economic boom that should be credited to the discovery of the internet, not any government policy — but Democrats do, for large part, believe in government power, so they try to make it better. Republicans try to tear it down, which should be done, but in implementation end up favoriting something like the military industrial complex which erases any gains they made with tax cuts, and leaves the rest of the government working less well.

Stereotypically, anyway. I suppose a Republican like Rand Paul could break that mold.
    Honestly I think Sam Brownback, Bobby Jindal, or Mike Pence ran their states precisely how Rand Paul would like to see a government run, to pretty poor consequences.

You’re right. California should be teaching us all how it’s done.

Quote Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
    You’re right. California should be teaching us all how it’s done.

Are you trying to dunk on me by name dropping the home of the Silicon Valley as how NOT to run an economy?

California has its flaws, but Gov Brown is leaving office with a 6.1 billion dollar surplus.

Compare that to the empty coffers, and stifled economies of Kansas, etc.

I’d take the economies of Washington, Colorado, Minnesota, and California over any of the austere states that think teachers should earn minimum wage, and corporations shouldn’t pay taxes.

Now you done did it.

They gonna come outta the woodwork and tell you how the country would be better off without California.