User Tag List

Page 3 of 508 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Thread...

Quote Originally Posted by BipolarFan View Post
    I thought he promised to bring on people who could run the country like a business. That seems to be true so far.

Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    I get that all politicians lie, but most don't do it with such vigor.

They make promises, but Trump built his entire platform on simple constructs that enflamed people and now he's backing completely away from it.

Obama ran saying he was going to do the healthcare thing and he followed through at least, no matter if you like Obamacare or not.

Trump was supposed to be anti-establishment and for Joe Six Pack and he's doing nothing of the kind thus far.
    I get it but his campaign was like, "immigration? no problem, I will fix it...it will be fabulous." The economy? We are going to make it better than anything before...it will be YUUUUGE!" ~cheers from the idiots~

Who really believes that? Does he have magic powers or something?

Quote Originally Posted by skidadl View Post
    I get it but his campaign was like, "immigration? no problem, I will fix it...it will be fabulous." The economy? We are going to make it better than anything before...it will be YUUUUGE!" ~cheers from the idiots~

Who really believes that? Does he have magic powers or something?
    There will probably be some confused people, that is for sure.

I thought he would keep em from takin mah jab?

Quote Originally Posted by BipolarFan View Post
    The transition team is out of work in a few days. What's the problem?
    Since Day One

Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    I get that all politicians lie, but most don't do it with such vigor.

They make promises, but Trump built his entire platform on simple constructs that enflamed people and now he's backing completely away from it.

Obama ran saying he was going to do the healthcare thing and he followed through at least, no matter if you like Obamacare or not.

Trump was supposed to be anti-establishment and for Joe Six Pack and he's doing nothing of the kind thus far.
    As angry and scared as the left was when he won I don't think it will be anything like when his supporters realize he conned them. He portrayed himself as a last hope to desperate people before the election. Since then he has quickly backed off on a lot of his promises. People trusted him because he said he wasn't a politician, but he seems just as morally flexible as any one of them. You can't demonize Hillary for giving speeches to Goldman Sachs, promise to drain the swamp, and then appoint half their executive team to your cabinet. It is crazy. One of the few things he said that did appeal to me was his anti-corruption talk. Now he seems to be trying to cure the disease by killing the patient. I was as anti-Trump as anyone, but I do honestly hope he does a great job. So far he hasn't filled me with a lot of hope.
    2015 DCC Fantasy Football League Champion

Quote Originally Posted by skidadl View Post
    Well yeah, that's part of the deal. I can tell you that my rates for my family went from $597 to over 1800 this year. So I don't know how many of those 30,000,000 would have been insured going forward. I was part of the uninsured before a Obamacare as well.
    That's because we have a shit healthcare system that isn't concerned about healthcare, but health profits.

The problem with the Affordable Care Act, like most things in our "democracy", corporate interests had a hand in developing the policy. If you get the business out of our government and the money they use to lobby and hijack our democracy, they country would be better off.

Quote Originally Posted by dallen View Post
    As angry and scared as the left was when he won I don't think it will be anything like when his supporters realize he conned them. He portrayed himself as a last hope to desperate people before the election. Since then he has quickly backed off on a lot of his promises. People trusted him because he said he wasn't a politician, but he seems just as morally flexible as any one of them. You can't demonize Hillary for giving speeches to Goldman Sachs, promise to drain the swamp, and then appoint half their executive team to your cabinet. It is crazy. One of the few things he said that did appeal to me was his anti-corruption talk. Now he seems to be trying to cure the disease by killing the patient. I was as anti-Trump as anyone, but I do honestly hope he does a great job. So far he hasn't filled me with a lot of hope.
    Patience grasshopper.
    Since Day One

Quote Originally Posted by dallen View Post
    He is a Con Man

He's backed off everything. It isn't a surprise.

If you listened to him he changed his position almost daily.
    He lied constantly.
    He had no real grasp on policy or an idea of how things worked.

Quote Originally Posted by 2233boys View Post
    He is a Con Man

He's backed off everything. It isn't a surprise.

If you listened to him he changed his position almost daily.
    He lied constantly.
    He had no real grasp on policy or an idea of how things worked.
    Sounds like the makings of a great politician.
    Since Day One

Quote Originally Posted by L.T. Fan View Post
    Sounds like the makings of a great politician.
    Well if those are the makings of a great politician he's the best, he's done more corrupt and deceptive and indefensible shit in a couple months than Hillary has done in 30 years.

But I'm pretty sure a video of Trump fellating Putin and cleaning up the jissom with a copy of the constitution wouldn't discourage your support of Trump.