User Tag List

Page 18 of 452 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 4513

Thread: Trump Thread...

  1. #171
    Senior Member Cowboysrock55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    18,553
    Quote Originally Posted by townsend View Post

    If the allegations had been made about Hillary in a leaked email you'd be assuming she was guilty, and so would DJT.
    Actually I wouldn't and they wouldn't either. The level of evidence you're talking about wouldn't be admissible in court, it wouldn't be able to be used on an application for search warrant, the court system for example would give zero weight to this type of evidence. I guess I look at things from an attorney's perspective but this is to the level of not even worth investigating. A leaked email at least has a sender with a name on it. That someone actually wrote. Who can then be questioned. Your comparison would be like if we actually saw a video of Trump pissing on a girl. Or at least the person who video taped it and their name.

    When Trump does or says stupid shit I have no problem calling him out for it. But to put any credence in this at this point is a massive overreaction. Now if someone with actual evidence comes forward let me know. I'll take that seriously. (Personally I don't care if he pissed on hookers but giving Russia the ability to blackmail our President is scary).

  2. #172
    Senior Member 2233boys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,420
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    Actually I wouldn't and they wouldn't either. The level of evidence you're talking about wouldn't be admissible in court, it wouldn't be able to be used on an application for search warrant, the court system for example would give zero weight to this type of evidence. I guess I look at things from an attorney's perspective but this is to the level of not even worth investigating. A leaked email at least has a sender with a name on it. That someone actually wrote. Who can then be questioned. Your comparison would be like if we actually saw a video of Trump pissing on a girl. Or at least the person who video taped it and their name.

    When Trump does or says stupid shit I have no problem calling him out for it. But to put any credence in this at this point is a massive overreaction. Now if someone with actual evidence comes forward let me know. I'll take that seriously. (Personally I don't care if he pissed on hookers but giving Russia the ability to blackmail our President is scary).
    You wouldn't but you know Trump would come on. (unless you thought he meant the Justice Department, then I'd agree and withdraw this comment)

  3. #173
    Senior Member Cowboysrock55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    18,553
    Quote Originally Posted by 2233boys View Post
    You wouldn't but you know Trump would come on. (unless you thought he meant the Justice Department, then I'd agree and withdraw this comment)


    Sorry, I thought he was speaking of the Department of Justice. But yeah, Trump would latch on to anything to attack someone he see's as an enemy. With or without merit. Of course the media almost always makes fun of him when he does that. And they should.

  4. #174
    Senior Member E_D_Guapo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,159
    Quote Originally Posted by L.T. Fan View Post
    Wait!!! You can't defend a presidential candidate. It isn't allowed by some. You might be an apologist.
    That's funny. Here is what I see from you "Yes, I am a Trump apologist. So what? But don't call me a Trump apologist!". That was my point. And it stands. Defend him all you want, just don't cry about being "dressed down" or getting "the third degree" every time someone who has a problem with his behavior points out that you doggedly defend him at every turn. That is all.

  5. #175
    Senior Member L.T. Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    14,593
    Quote Originally Posted by E_D_Guapo View Post
    That's funny. Here is what I see from you "Yes, I am a Trump apologist. So what? But don't call me a Trump apologist!". That was my point. And it stands. Defend him all you want, just don't cry about being "dressed down" or getting "the third degree" every time someone who has a problem with his behavior points out that you doggedly defend him at every turn. That is all.
    You are really obsessed by this. . Who's crying?
    Since Day One

  6. #176
    Senior Member L.T. Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    14,593
    Quote Originally Posted by E_D_Guapo View Post
    That's funny. Here is what I see from you "Yes, I am a Trump apologist. So what? But don't call me a Trump apologist!". That was my point. And it stands. Defend him all you want, just don't cry about being "dressed down" or getting "the third degree" every time someone who has a problem with his behavior points out that you doggedly defend him at every turn. That is all.
    You are so irked about anyone who defends Trump. Now why is that?
    Since Day One

  7. #177
    Senior Member townsend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,126
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    Actually I wouldn't and they wouldn't either. The level of evidence you're talking about wouldn't be admissible in court, it wouldn't be able to be used on an application for search warrant, the court system for example would give zero weight to this type of evidence. I guess I look at things from an attorney's perspective but this is to the level of not even worth investigating. A leaked email at least has a sender with a name on it. That someone actually wrote. Who can then be questioned.
    I by no means think this stands up to legal scrutiny. What we're talking about is raw intelligence. More or less it seems like "leads" some of which are provably false.

    But let's not pretend you didn't bring up unproven info on the Clintons. You've alleged and, I assume, continue to believe that Clinton's been involved in giving out favors, as Secretary of State, to her charities donors.

    The reason this story has legs is the same reason people think the primary was rigged against Bernie. It answers a question that the politician failed to answer themselves.

    Why won't Trump release his tax returns, why has he (unlike the rest of his party) been opposed to criticizing Putin, why has he had so many kremlin friendly cabinet nominees?

    These are allegations that he, like Clinton, invited on himself by his lack of transparency.

  8. #178
    Senior Member E_D_Guapo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,159
    Quote Originally Posted by L.T. Fan View Post
    You are really obsessed by this. . Who's crying?
    Yes, I am obsessed by it {eyeroll}. I am not irked every time someone defends Trump nor I am irked by you defending him most of the time. You don't care that the man who will be president behaves like a a reddit troll and that is your prerogative. I have seen you take offense to someone "dressing you down" or whatever other term you want to use many times though. As much time as you spend telling other people how pointless their complaining is you really should be used to it.
    Last edited by E_D_Guapo; 01-11-2017 at 03:57 PM.

  9. #179
    Senior Member townsend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,126
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmith6919 View Post
    The #goldenshowers and #yellowjournalism jokes on twitter from this are pretty funny though
    So far my favorite joke, has been that this is proof Trump's a true Goldwater Republican.

  10. #180
    Senior Tech dallen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Posts
    8,279
    Quote Originally Posted by townsend View Post
    So far my favorite joke, has been that this is proof Trump's a true Goldwater Republican.
    2015 DCC Fantasy Football League Champion

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •