User Tag List

Page 15 of 246 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 2457

Thread: Trump Thread...

  1. #141
    Administrator boozeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    39,298
    Quote Originally Posted by L.T. Fan View Post
    Is there any other choice?


    So now that's the excuse?

    A few weeks ago, he was going to hang the moon. He will have a mandate in both houses to MAGA.

    Now? We have no choice. Congress rules all.

    Weren't even really talking about his ability or inability to get any of his overblown and oversold promises to work.

    Still waiting on him to become a sane, rational person instead of a celebrity pretending to be President. Or President Elect since of course, he will flip a switch soon.

  2. #142
    Senior Member L.T. Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,453
    Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post


    So now that's the excuse?

    A few weeks ago, he was going to hang the moon. He will have a mandate in both houses to MAGA.

    Now? We have no choice. Congress rules all.

    Weren't even really talking about his ability or inability to get any of his overblown and oversold promises to work.

    Still waiting on him to become a sane, rational person instead of a celebrity pretending to be President. Or President Elect since of course, he will flip a switch soon.
    Excuse for what?

    So you don't like Trump nor do you approve of him. Get in line with a lot of others. And yes Congress has the final say so regardless of who is holding down the White House. That has been the system for a long long time. That hardly is an excuse for anything but it is the way it is.

    Perhaps what doesn't set well with you is that after all was sifted out in the race for the two candidates for president I declared my intentions to vote for Trump. I had already declared my intentions not to support Hillary under any circumstance. I suspect others felt the same but wasn't as vocal about it. At any rate he was successful and he is the President in a few days warts and all. The fact that I don't fall down a have a kicking fit doesn't mean I approve of everything he does. It simply a matter of I don't see or feel the need to make a big deal out of it.

    I will tell you something though, Trump has done things his way fit most of his life and he will continue that practice. The checks and balances however will always be in place to alleviate anything that gets to out of balance.
    Since Day One

  3. #143
    Senior Member townsend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4,401
    Quote Originally Posted by L.T. Fan View Post
    You can go on any diatribe you like but he will become the President and you will just have to live with it. You can cry and moan about it or you can do what some of us have done for decades which is to just roll with it. There has never been a President that satisfied the masses.
    This president is walking into an all time lowest approval rating. Just 43%. Because unlike any president before him, he says shit like this.


  4. #144
    Senior Member L.T. Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,453
    Quote Originally Posted by townsend View Post
    This president is walking into an all time lowest approval rating. Just 43%. Because unlike any president before him, he says shit like this.

    That's the way he was before he was elected and he probably won't change. Whether you or I approve is of no consequence to him. It should be no surprise to anyone that he does this stuff because he was doing it even before he ran for office yet he got elected. Why would anyone believe he will suddenly act differently. That is what got him elected.
    Since Day One

  5. #145
    Senior Member townsend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4,401
    Quote Originally Posted by L.T. Fan View Post
    When he is in office you will get what you get. He will do what every other President has done. He will learn as he goes just like the man he replaced and the one before him and so forth. He will be criticized just like every other President has before him.
    Quote Originally Posted by L.T. Fan View Post
    Because now he has too much time to look at stuff like that. When he takes office he will forget he even knows what a tweet is.
    Quote Originally Posted by L.T. Fan View Post
    That's the way he was before he was elected and he probably won't change. Whether you or I approve is of no consequence to him. It should be no surprise to anyone that he does this stuff because he was doing it even before he ran for office yet he got elected. Why would anyone believe he will suddenly act differently. That is what got him elected.

  6. #146
    Senior Member Cowboysrock55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    16,649
    Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    I know why he did it.

    I just want one of his apologists to explain how that is the appropriate reaction of a head of state.
    Yeah he really needs to grow a thicker skin. You're President of the United States, you can't berate every person who says something bad or untrue about you. You already won the election, take the next four years to prove them wrong. No reason to worry about petty speeches by people with sour grapes. Someone really should take his twitter account away from him.

    Like Jesus, you already addressed the comments about the handicapped reporter. Why the hell is he rehashing that shit?

  7. #147
    Senior Member 2233boys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,099
    Quote Originally Posted by townsend View Post
    Oh, I'm no fan of the absurd waste in the military industrial complex (though as a citizen of Fort Worth I probably indirectly benefit from the F-35 money pit.)

    I think there's plenty we could do to reign in military spending. But I highly doubt any of that gets done in the next 4 years. In fact most Trump voters I've spoken with want more military spending.

    That's the point, for all the so called fiscal conservatism republicans pretend to preach, they only want to cut purse strings to comparatively cheap social programs, they've never seen a deficit they didn't want to inflate.
    While decreasing revenue by giving their campaign donors and lobbyists huge tax breaks.

  8. #148
    Senior Member 2233boys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,099
    Quote Originally Posted by L.T. Fan View Post
    While I agree that the circumstances you outline is cause to be concerned, it would be a greater waste to have military troops who are not engaged just sitting on the dock of the bay wasting time . Perhaps a special circumstance deployment could be devised to temporarily assign military troops to the supervision of civil agencies for border security.

    They would be under someone else's command for a certain amount of time with certain and specialized duties. In other words a TDY status. When I worked for the Government, Task Force groups were created for certain specialized duties and various agencies were asked to commit Human Resources to the task. The personnel were put on assignment and reported to the person and agency in charge to utilize at their direction.

    Simply because a person is classified as military doesn't mean that they cannot be utilized for domestic security.
    That isn't a bad idea.

  9. #149
    Senior Member 2233boys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,099
    Quote Originally Posted by L.T. Fan View Post
    You can go on any diatribe you like but he will become the President and you will just have to live with it. You can cry and moan about it or you can do what some of us have done for decades which is to just roll with it. There has never been a President that satisfied the masses.
    This is bullshit, if you roll over and just deal with it nothing changes. You are an American citizen, and it is your duty to be involved passed the voting box. You write to your congressman, you organize, you call, write letters to the editor, you do something. THe last thing you do if you think the country is going in the wrong direction is sit on your hands and say oh well. You have to stay actively involved.

    Lastly, over half my life the republicans have been in the White House,(Nixon, Ford, Reagan, both Bushes) this country has been run by people of the Donald's Ilk, (albeit more intelligent even W) You haven't really been dealing with Decades of oppression like you say, hell Clinton was just a right leaning Democrat who basically went with the Right at every turn. Obama was obstructed from doing anything by the right since he took office, although he is just slightly to the left of Clinton.

  10. #150
    Senior Member L.T. Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,453
    Quote Originally Posted by 2233boys View Post
    This is bullshit, if you roll over and just deal with it nothing changes. You are an American citizen, and it is your duty to be involved passed the voting box. You write to your congressman, you organize, you call, write letters to the editor, you do something. THe last thing you do if you think the country is going in the wrong direction is sit on your hands and say oh well. You have to stay actively involved.

    Lastly, over half my life the republicans have been in the White House,(Nixon, Ford, Reagan, both Bushes) this country has been run by people of the Donald's Ilk, (albeit more intelligent even W) You haven't really been dealing with Decades of oppression like you say, hell Clinton was just a right leaning Democrat who basically went with the Right at every turn. Obama was obstructed from doing anything by the right since he took office, although he is just slightly to the left of Clinton.
    You do all this because he might tweet something you don't approve of? Tweets are all over this board and some I don't agree with but so what. Yeah I know Presidents are supposed to look and act a certain way but you know what an actor lost the election and Trump didn't so he probably takes that as an acceptance of who he is. Others who fall on the actors side just have a different view but so what.
    Since Day One

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •