User Tag List

Page 6 of 317 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Thread...

Quote Originally Posted by E_D_Guapo View Post
    There is a lot of truth in that but I hope you are not suggesting that conservatives, if we are going to generalize both sides for the purpose of the point, are really any different. I see every bit as much self-righteousness in conservatives as I do liberals. I also see as much name calling, finger-pointing, dismissiveness (and outright laughing off) of ideas, stubbornness, etc. Any time you have a group of people who feel strongly about something and believe that their way of thinking is the best way you are going to find these things.
    I would agree with this. People on both sides love nothing more than to look down their noses at the other. But only one side preaches how 'tolerant' they are as opposed to the other. And that's a load of bullshit. They're only tolerant if you agree with them.

Well when your disagreement is about equality, civil rights and such... It's easy to understand why they consider themselves more tolerant...
    DCC's Coolest Fantasy League CHAMPION!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Angrymesscan View Post
    Well when your disagreement is about equality, civil rights and such... It's easy to understand why they consider themselves more tolerant...
    Is this a self serving statement.
    Since Day One

Quote Originally Posted by NoDak View Post
    I would agree with this. People on both sides love nothing more than to look down their noses at the other. But only one side preaches how 'tolerant' they are as opposed to the other. And that's a load of bullshit. They're only tolerant if you agree with them.
    There is a certain amount of hypocrisy in claiming tolerance if that tolerance is narrowly focused to specific political hotbutton issues, no doubt. But anyone who carries a flag for a particular point of view is guilty of varying degrees of hypocrisy.
    Last edited by E_D_Guapo; 12-16-2016 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by E_D_Guapo View Post
    There is a certain amount of hypocrisy in claiming tolerance if that tolerance is narrowly focused to specific political hotbutton issues, no doubt. But anyone who carries a flag for a particular point of view is guilty of varying degrees of hypocrisy.

No doubt. That's why I just laugh when one side or the other makes sweeping claims about the opposite side. That's why I've decided to be a conservative democrat/libertarian/Reagan republican with tolerant tendancies/rigid fiscal conservative (unless it benefits my pet cats) and a-political all at the same time. It seems to be working for me.

Quote Originally Posted by skidadl View Post
    No doubt. That's why I just laugh when one side or the other makes sweeping claims about the opposite side. That's why I've decided to be a conservative democrat/libertarian/Reagan republican with tolerant tendancies/rigid fiscal conservative (unless it benefits my pet cats) and a-political all at the same time. It seems to be working for me.
    Since Day One

Not to go all Alex Jones, but all of this Russia stuff feels a lot like a last gasp of plans for conflict with Russia that were disrupted.

I find a lame duck President in his final weeks openly talking retaliation against a foreign power incredibly strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Kbrown View Post
    Not to go all Alex Jones, but all of this Russia stuff feels a lot like a last gasp of plans for conflict with Russia that were disrupted.

I find a lame duck President in his final weeks openly talking retaliation against a foreign power incredibly strange.
    I think it is odd, they hacked only one candidate, or maybe only released one sides email. It doesn't legitimize my sides claim that Trump is illegitimate. Ultimately if the emails had influence on the election it wasn't that they were released it was the content in them. That's on Clinton and her cronies.

If Russia did do it to try and influence our election then that needs to be dealt with and he is the president, regardless if it's his last week or first week. He is the sitting president he needs to discuss issues facing our country

Quote Originally Posted by jeebs View Post
    the Atlantic wrote a great article about liberals take trump literally, but don't take him seriously. While conservatives don't take trump literally but they do see him as serious.

There is a perfect display in this thread. Liberals who where the only ones who took trump literally, now calling other people idiots because these literal things never happened. Seriously, how is trump going to just make everything Great!!!? They were just words the man spewed
    There is a lot of truth to this but you have to factor in that the "Liberal" president has just been treated the same way by conservatives for the last 8 years.

Of course they are going to hold Trump to the same standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Kbrown View Post

So we should ignore what the intell is saying?

I really do not see what is strange, should this just be ignored?