User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Joey Bosa, not Dak Prescott or Ezekiel Elliott, has been NFLís best rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggyfly View Post
    I was just noting how despised PFF is around here.

Except when it's negative against a player people don't like.

I don't think PFF is the holy grail but to totally ignore evrything else in the article because of PFF is comical.
    I don't mind PFF for the purposes of player to player comparisons within a position group. They aren't perfect but they can at least provide sort of an unbiased opinion on corner rankings for example.

Trying to compare a RB to a Corner though, I think they are pretty useless at it. And when you read the article they start to include a lot of opinion based stuff that opens it up for bias.

Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Khan View Post
    I think PFF is almost scamming people at this point. They forward a lot of subjective opinions that they couch as fact.
    I don't know if it is a scam because they are pretty upfront on what their grading criteria is and how they do it.

The fact that they don't use the all 22 to grade knocks a lot of what they say down a notch but I like to look at their grades in comparison to other players.

As an aside...his little brother is a stud.

Just going to throw this out there but the rookie DE from Jax has more sacks, more ff, an Int, and a couple PD, but 6 fewer tackles. That must be where Bosa got him.

Quote Originally Posted by 2233boys View Post
    Just going to throw this out there but the rookie DE from Jax has more sacks, more ff, an Int, and a couple PD, but 6 fewer tackles. That must be where Bosa got him.
    He's also from Maryland.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggyfly View Post
    I don't know if it is a scam because they are pretty upfront on what their grading criteria is and how they do it.

The fact that they don't use the all 22 to grade knocks a lot of what they say down a notch but I like to look at their grades in comparison to other players.
    Yeah scam is the wrong word but I couldn't think of a better word.

I think there's a lot more subjective opinions in their rankings and evaluations than their reputation might suggest.

I generally prefer football outsiders who seems to try to quantify things more.

I think there's a lot more subjective opinions in their rankings and evaluations than their reputation might suggest.

Yea, I mean they basically just watch games on TV and assign numbers with decimals to players, which makes people think it's some stringent scientific finding.

I can't think of specific examples but on several occasions I've seen them give bit-players high rankings for a game because they get an interception or fumble recovery or some such despite the fact that they only played about 20-30 snaps.

It's interesting to look at but anybody who takes it too seriously and uses it as a be all, end all is fooling themselves.

Noah Spence Rookie DE almost same exact stats, minus the tackle numbers. (he has 6 fewer)

Noah Spence Rookie DE almost same exact stats, minus the tackle numbers. (he has 6 fewer)
    I think the point is Bosa has done all of this in only 8 games. They are basing it on a "per game" basis.

I can agree with all of that and I also prefer FO.