Gary Kubiak won’t coach this week

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Posted by Josh Alper on October 10, 2016, 4:47 PM EDT

Broncos coach Gary Kubiak is out of the hospital, but he won’t be jumping right back to work.

Broncos General Manager John Elway announced on Monday that Kubiak will not work this week after being hospitalized on Sunday due to the onset of flu-like symptoms. The team announced earlier in the day that Kubiak has been diagnosed with “a complex migraine condition” and put on medication.

Elway said that special teams coach Joe DeCamillis will serve as the interim coach this week, including during Thursday’s trip to face the Chargers in San Diego. Elway also said that the short week wasn’t the impetus for the decision as doctors said the “process for Gary is to worry about Gary this week” and that there isn’t concern about Kubiak’s ability to handle the job in the future.

DeCamillis has been a special teams coach in the NFL since his first stint with the Broncos began in 1988 and this will be his first time serving as a head coach. His father-in-law is former Broncos, Giants and Falcons coach Dan Reeves, leading DeCamillis to say that he’s expecting “some unsolicited advice” about how to handle his interim gig.
----------
I bet Wade Phillips kinda feels like the asshole.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Posted by Josh Alper on October 10, 2016, 4:47 PM EDT

Broncos coach Gary Kubiak is out of the hospital, but he won’t be jumping right back to work.

Broncos General Manager John Elway announced on Monday that Kubiak will not work this week after being hospitalized on Sunday due to the onset of flu-like symptoms. The team announced earlier in the day that Kubiak has been diagnosed with “a complex migraine condition” and put on medication.

Elway said that special teams coach Joe DeCamillis will serve as the interim coach this week, including during Thursday’s trip to face the Chargers in San Diego. Elway also said that the short week wasn’t the impetus for the decision as doctors said the “process for Gary is to worry about Gary this week” and that there isn’t concern about Kubiak’s ability to handle the job in the future.

DeCamillis has been a special teams coach in the NFL since his first stint with the Broncos began in 1988 and this will be his first time serving as a head coach. His father-in-law is former Broncos, Giants and Falcons coach Dan Reeves, leading DeCamillis to say that he’s expecting “some unsolicited advice” about how to handle his interim gig.
----------
Im sure Garrett made a call.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Joe's really sticking his neck out for the team here. :unsure

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
c
----------
Maybe....or maybe they just felt they should let Wade keeps his focus on the defense that is tasked with carrying the team and figured that for one game, it isn't going to cripple the ST to not have their coach.

dallen

Senior Tech
Maybe....or maybe they just felt they should let Wade keeps his focus on the defense that is tasked with carrying the team and figured that for one game, it isn't going to cripple the ST to not have their coach.
That was my thought too. DeCamillis has been rumored to be considered for several HC jobs. Why not let him run the team for a week and let the coordinators stick to what they are good at

Top Bottom