2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Actually that was my point. Kind of dumb to go omg!!! about someone who happens to endorse a candidate. But hey, let's just fill this thread up with news regarding people who endorse candidates. I really couldn't care less about who endorses who. But apparently leftist still get their panties in a twist over Palin for some reason.
Yeah I knew that was your point. Just found it funny that people started talking about the guy like they totally missed the point.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know that creepy fucker Edwards that was Kerry's running mate made news by having some pussy on the side.
I didn't hear any of that. For example that should rate much higher then Palin talking about her son but yet Palin talking somehoe gets a shit ton of media attention.

Personally I think the liberal media tries to use Palin to embarass the Republican Party. Even though it has no relevance.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Does Trump have any good ideas at all? He just seems like a giant douche and folks love him because he doesn't GAS.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Cruz is a true asshole. No one likes him. I doubt his wife likes him much.

Ex roommate hated him along with everyone else he ever met at college.

Dubya hated him. Everyone on his staff hated him.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Cruz is a true asshole. No one likes him. I doubt his wife likes him much.

Ex roommate hated him along with everyone else he ever met at college.

Dubya hated him. Everyone on his staff hated him.
Apparently lots of folks in Iowa like him.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Cruz isn't popular in the senate because he came in and didn't immediately fall in line like most of the others rubber-stamping McConnell's agenda. It's why the establishment GOP would rather have Trump or probably even Hillary or Sanders over Cruz. They are more aligned with liberals than conservatives. That's why the non-establisment candidates are doing so well now.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Cruz isn't popular in the senate because he came in and didn't immediately fall in line like most of the others rubber-stamping McConnell's agenda. It's why the establishment GOP would rather have Trump or probably even Hillary or Sanders over Cruz. They are more aligned with liberals than conservatives. That's why the non-establisment candidates are doing so well now.
Or he is just a huge douche.:shrug

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Sounds like a massive jerk who will share Obama's inability to work with the other side of the aisle. So electing him would be voting for gridlock and executive orders. And it would be the Democrats turn to complain about executive orders and the Republicans turn to defend them. :picard

dallen

Senior Tech
Sounds like a massive jerk who will share Obama's inability to work with the other side of the aisle. So electing him would be voting for gridlock and executive orders. And it would be the Democrats turn to complain about executive orders and the Republicans turn to defend them. :picard
That's going to be the case whether it is Cruz, Trump, Sanders, or Hillary. Whoever wins immediately becomes target #1 for the opposition party

dallen

Senior Tech
But Cruz does seem to be the biggest d-bag left in the race. Which is saying something with Trump and Hillary in the running

townsend

Banned
When Lee brought up his bill in the committee hearing, he wasn’t sure if he'd have Cruz's support. But he certainly didn't anticipate what came next.

Cruz attacked the bill as dangerous and politically poisonous. He said it would lead to more than 7,000 federal prisoners let out on the street. "I for one, at a time when police officers across this country are under assault right now, being vilified right now, when we're seeing violent crime spiking in our cities across the country, I think it would be a serious mistake for the Senate to pass legislation providing for 7,082 criminals to be released early," he said. The bill, he claimed, "could result in more violent criminals being let out on the streets, and potentially more lives being lost."

Cruz went on to warn his fellow senators that if they voted for the bill, they would imperil their careers. "We know to an absolute certainty that an unfortunately high percentage of those offenders will go and commit subsequent crimes," he said. "And every one of us who votes to release violent criminals from prison prior to the expiration of their sentence can fully expect to be held accountable by our constituents." Essentially, Cruz was saying that the legislation would let dangerous people out of prison, they would commit more crimes, and the senators would be subject to Willie Horton-style attack ads.

Lee, who was sitting right next to Cruz, could not believe what he was hearing. The bill, he responded, wouldn’t actually release any violent criminals from prison, and its sentence reduction for gun crimes was to reduce the minimum for felons caught with guns or ammunition from 15 years to 10 years—a provision that had once sent a man to prison for 15 years when he picked up a stray bullet in order to clean a carpet. "It is simply incorrect to say that this suddenly releases a bunch of violent criminals. It is tougher on violent offenders," Lee sputtered. "That statement is inaccurate…. We're not letting out violent offenders. That is false."
Great example of Cruz being a friendless little shit by torpedoing a bill to release non-violent criminals early.

Full article: http://reason.com/blog/2016/01/26/republicans-try-to-torpedo-sentencing-re

Last edited:

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Doubtful. Now I do think he wouldn't cave to the Dems and left like McCain would've or like Boehner and McConnell constantly, and think that would be a good thing.

As for executive orders, nah. I don't see him doing what Obama had tried to do and circumvent Congress that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom