Archer: With success, Cole Beasley notices more attention

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
With success, Cole Beasley notices more attention
11:50 AM CT
Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer

FRISCO, Texas – Cole Beasley now knows what life is like for Jason Witten and Dez Bryant on a weekly basis.

Wherever Beasley went Sunday against the San Francisco 49ers, a defender or two followed the Dallas Cowboys wide receiver.

“I was telling [receivers coach Derek Dooley], ‘Man, this is frustrating,’” Beasley said after the 24-17 win against the Niners. “He was like, ‘What did you think they were going to do?’ I don’t know. I was just hoping for the best man.”

After recording 20 catches in the first three games, and with Bryant absent because of a tibial plateau fracture, Beasley became a marked man.

“Every time I broke in, I had a guy waiting on me, a linebacker, and then they played some two-man [coverage] stuff and then I think I was going to have an out-breaking route and a corner is waiting on me. They did a good job. It was tough for me to go anywhere really.”

Beasley finished with three catches for 66 yards, but 47 of those yards came on his final reception in which the Cowboys were then able to kill the clock.

“I’m glad Witt broke me free on that last one otherwise it would’ve been a quiet day,” Beasley said.

Once Beasley broke free, he didn’t look for a touchdown.

“I was thinking get down,” Beasley said. “I went in cruise control to make sure I can hold on to the ball and stay in bounds. We already had the win. It’s about the team at that point.”

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is what happens with Dez out. The defense is able to divert that attention to Beasley.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
This is what happens with Dez out. The defense is able to divert that attention to Beasley.
The more important point is they did so unsuccessfully.

Top Bottom