2015 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Wow. This is huge. I figured this would be his last year but I thought he'd at least finish out the year.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Wow. This is huge. I figured this would be his last year but I thought he'd at least finish out the year.
He wanted to retire last year and got talked out of it. I'm sure he regretted it and wants to give SC a chance to find the right guy.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
BTW, Tech has an elite offense and probably one of the best QBs in the country. The kid is a badass. So far he's outplayed many of the top guys who get some media love. I'm hoping he can stay the course with what he's doing. I don't know if anyone else is watching this kid play but it is obvious why that little woman Mayfield ran away

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Texas Tech, Baylor and TCU rank Nos. 1-3 nationally in total offense, scoring offense and yards per play.

If you drill down and look only at the Big 12, there are sizable gaps in those same three categories between Nos. 3 and 4. There's a 13.7-point gap in scoring offense between No. 3 TCU (51.0) and No. 4 Oklahoma State (37.3). It's the same story with total offense, a 127.1-yard gap between No. 3 TCU (615.5) and No. 4 West Virginia (488.4). Then there's yards per play, where No. 3 TCU (7.77) enjoys a a 1.38-yard lead over No. 4 Oklahoma (6.39). This remains true in points per play, as well -- No. 3 Baylor (0.80) is comfortably ahead of No. 4 Oklahoma State (0.53).

I think you see what I'm getting at.

Texas Tech, Baylor and TCU are the class of the Big 12 offensively. The rest of the league is a step or two behind and none of those teams have shown a consistent ability to score in bunches like the three at the top.

Oklahoma State has scored in the 20s and 30s all season except for a 69-point outburst against UTSA. Oklahoma is averaging 30.7 points per game against Power Five teams. West Virginia is averaging 31.7.

Put it another way: Iowa State's numbers are closer offensively to Oklahoma State and Oklahoma than the Pokes or Cowboys are to Texas Tech, Baylor or TCU.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Hate to see Sark leave like this, but he was the wrong hire to begin with. They could have had Chris Peterson, because he was not flashy enough. Meanwhile the Huskies beat them and they wish for a guy like that. There have been rumors for years about him.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
BTW, Tech has an elite offense and probably one of the best QBs in the country. The kid is a badass. So far he's outplayed many of the top guys who get some media love. I'm hoping he can stay the course with what he's doing. I don't know if anyone else is watching this kid play but it is obvious why that little woman Mayfield ran away
I am a BIG fan of Mahomes and have been since he first came in. Just amazing and looking forward to seeing him progress.

dallen

Senior Tech
Wow, shocked to see Spurrier go out like this. I would have never pegged him as a guy that would quit in the middle of a season. I wonder if there are health issues or something else contributing to this.

D

Deuce

First rumor out there is that Hayden is looking at Gary Patterson for the next coach at USC. I can't see how he turns that down despite what he's built or how this season ends up.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
First rumor out there is that Hayden is looking at Gary Patterson for the next coach at USC. I can't see how he turns that down despite what he's built or how this season ends up.
He's a hard dude to understand, sink could see him staying. He gets a salary plus some oil money from some rich Texans. He's just hard headed enough and weird enough to stay.

Plus, USC is still a top tier program but the administration is not trustworthy. They aren't currently what they've been in the past. Patterson had a real nice setup in Ft Worth. I'm not saying he wouldn't go but I'd be a little surprised if he did. I don't know if he has those type of ambitions.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I am a BIG fan of Mahomes and have been since he first came in. Just amazing and looking forward to seeing him progress.
We haven't seen someone with this level of badassery in a long time. He just had that feel about him. If feel more comfortable if Kliff put just a tad more control ok him but he somehow gets away with his risks and they end up magical somehow.

D

Deuce

He's a hard dude to understand, sink could see him staying. He gets a salary plus some oil money from some rich Texans. He's just hard headed enough and weird enough to stay.

Plus, USC is still a top tier program but the administration is not trustworthy. They aren't currently what they've been in the past. Patterson had a real nice setup in Ft Worth. I'm not saying he wouldn't go but I'd be a little surprised if he did. I don't know if he has those type of ambitions.
I wonder if he's waiting for Bill Snyder to walk away again. Not sure how competitive they can be financially for him, but coaching at your Alma Mater always has a special feeling to it.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Spurrier says now that he is resigning, not retiring.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I wonder if he's waiting for Bill Snyder to walk away again. Not sure how competitive they can be financially for him, but coaching at your Alma Mater always has a special feeling to it.
That is sorta wonder the same thing myself.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I can't copy this but here is a USC candidate board.

Deuce's suggestion of Patterson got me to thinking. He's one hell of a coach but sometime the right fit is as important. Would he fit there culturally? I don't know.He is the ultimate loyalist and works best as the ultimate undergdog.

https://usc.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=995&CID=1813487

D

Deuce

I can't copy this but here is a USC candidate board.

Deuce's suggestion of Patterson got me to thinking. He's one hell of a coach but sometime the right fit is as important. Would he fit there culturally? I don't know.He is the ultimate loyalist and works best as the ultimate undergdog.

https://usc.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=995&CID=1813487
God, it must be nice to think "we'll I need a new coach, let's look at these guys". There's not a name on that list I wouldn't kill to see running my program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom