User Tag List

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: This Little Pipeline Protest

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    It's like you are intentionally trying to tell me things I already know.
    Well let your fingers do the walking. This link shows the budget projections for all the transportation grants for the future. What is evident is that the grants are not projected to increase. I am simply saying that mass transit grants will not fund a significant amount of mass transit development and it has a low priority for energy conservation. No need to take this as my assessment as to the value of system.

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R42706.pdf
    Since Day One

I'm done.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

3. The following 2 users like this post:

It's like you are intentionally trying to tell me things I already know.

I'm done.
    You have been LT'd.

I thought maybe it was just me that got the treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggyfly View Post
    You still don't get it.

So I guess it's ok for me to call the right racist and bigots since most of stormfront is aligned with them.
    Apparently you didn't read what I wrote my friend. I said that what you are saying is exactly what the Dems and media has been doing this entire election. Painting the entire Republican party as racists ad bigots because of groups like you just mentioned. A lot of the people protesting having lost the election are carrying the signs claiming exactly that. Even Michelle Obama with here "We have lost hope" comments. When 99% of Conservatives or Republican denounce the groups you mentioned.

Not the case with the Dems who actually cater to far left idealogs. They may not approve of some of their violence, but they absolutely believe in their ideas and try to use the EPA etc to put it inplace via laws and policy.

Quote Originally Posted by fortsbest View Post
    I have traveled by train many years ago in Europe, but don't really remember the experience. If I had a vacation where I had time, I would love to go somewhere by train.
    I would love to travel by train as well, I had a great experience doing it in Europe. Just don't think it is going to be done financed by the fares, it would require massive 80-90% subsidies in the vast majority of cases.

In Europe only 1-2 routes are profitable without subsidies, yet they connect Florence to Rome, while California works on building Bakersfield to Fresno

Quote Originally Posted by jeebs View Post
    I would love to travel by train as well, I had a great experience doing it in Europe. Just don't think it is going to be
    Not in our lifetime. Most of the passenger rail roadbeds in this country has been discontinued.
    Since Day One

Quote Originally Posted by L.T. Fan View Post
    Not in our lifetime. Most of the rail roadbeds in this country has been dismantled.
    In this day and age, I think they fact the right of ways of rail roads still owning those right of ways would be more important than the roadbeds. We can still lay roadbeds, getting the right of way is damn near impossible.

That would actually be a fun project for a guy with 10-20 million and time on his hands. Can you enforce some old right of way you bought for next to nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by jeebs View Post
    In this day and age, I think they fact the right of ways of rail roads still owning those right of ways would be more important than the roadbeds. We can still lay roadbeds, getting the right of way is damn near impossible.

That would actually be a fun project for a guy with 10-20 million and time on his hands. Can you enforce some old right of way you bought for next to nothing.
    All of the rail systems in existence now in the US is owned by freight companies. I,m not sure these rails will accommodate high speed passenger trains. It would be a humongous undertaking to try to acquire road bed right of ways.
    Since Day One

Just scanning around the board this morning and found this thread. I had some uncertainty regarding this ND situation so I did a little research to find that there was in excess of 400 meeting with all parties to cover all the concerns before moving forward. I reached out a friend in North Dakota to see if he had any inside knowledge of what was going on. Here was the reply:

The oil company or pipeline company originally offered 10 million to the Indian tribes to cross their land, they said no and wanted 20 million, the oil company then re-routed it to just miss the Indians land and that’s how the small protests started by that reservation, only under the guise of that they were worried about the environment, which had nothing to do with it.

It always comes down to money...