User Tag List

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: This Little Pipeline Protest

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggyfly View Post
    Sensibilities.

I said what I had to say but if you cannot have a conversation without shading an entire group based on the specific part you don't like, then so be it.

And it seems you want to make this convo political when nobody else has, what's your deal?

Yes the Dems cater to specific groups, just like Republicans do and Trump did this election, I don't understand what that has to do with this discussion or why you need to bring it up?
    It was a rightful response to your comment. Envro anti energy radicals are always on the left side of politics and the democrats cater to them unwaveringly. anti government, and even radical white supremacist groups nearly always are lumped in with the right for some reason. Difference is conservatives and that vast majority of Republicans don't cater to them and will condemn them and their actions.

Quote Originally Posted by jeebs View Post
    2 thoughts on rail

1 passenger rail is only viable in the United States in 2-4 places.

2. The U.S. uses far more trains than Europe. We just tend to use them for shipping materials.
    I have traveled by train many years ago in Europe, but don't really remember the experience. If I had a vacation where I had time, I would love to go somewhere by train.

Quote Originally Posted by fortsbest View Post
    I have traveled by train many years ago in Europe, but don't really remember the experience. If I had a vacation where I had time, I would love to go somewhere by train.
    I traveled through Germany by train and it was pretty great
    2015 DCC Fantasy Football League Champion

Yes, I'm glad you are agreeing with me.
    What?

No I agree with Iamtdg who said that you were wrong.

Ability to afford vehicles had nothing to do with the rise of mass transit.

It was a rightful response to your comment. Envro anti energy radicals are always on the left side of politics and the democrats cater to them unwaveringly. anti government, and even radical white supremacist groups nearly always are lumped in with the right for some reason. Difference is conservatives and that vast majority of Republicans don't cater to them and will condemn them and their actions.
    You still don't get it.

So I guess it's ok for me to call the right racist and bigots since most of stormfront is aligned with them.

Yeah that's my feelings as well. I think public transit like that is wonderful when you're not in a hurry. Which is really the biggest problem with public transit in general. People don't want to spend the time and effort to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kbrown View Post
    Yeah, he is an advocate. My colleagues and I were pretty stoked about him appointing Elaine Chao to the Secretary of Transportation position. We may actually finally get some substantial shit done.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    Yeah, he is an advocate. My colleagues and I were pretty stoked about him appointing Elaine Chao to the Secretary of Transportation position. We may actually finally get some substantial shit done.
    I think Trump willl advocate mass transit but I think Congress will curtail most proposals because their constituents are in areas that do not think it is either feasable cost wise and secondly would prefer expenditures go for petroleum free vechicle s and utilities. Area wise the majority of Americans live in open space notwithstanding the densely populated exception areas.
    Since Day One

Quote Originally Posted by L.T. Fan View Post
    I think Trump willl advocate mass transit but I think Congress will curtail most proposals because their constituents are in areas that do not think it is either feasable cost wise and secondly would prefer expenditures go for petroleum free vechicle s and utilities. Area wise the majority of Americans live in open space notwithstanding the densely populated exception areas.
    I think you are way underselling how people feel about mass transit in bigger cities. It is wanted and needed. And, this cost prohibitive thing you keep bringing up simply isn't true.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion