User Tag List

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: This Little Pipeline Protest

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggyfly View Post
    Is that thing actually ever being built?

And yes Houston Metro blows, Houston is great example of a city needing mass transit and having no real will to implement it.
    I always get the sense, when I'm in Houston, that no one planned any of it.

I am just tired of the whole Left and Right thing, it's time to get off the winner take all mentality and start realizing both Conservatives and Liberals have something to bring to the table.

That is the one silver lining I see with a Trump presidency he is not an ideologue and seems open to listen to anybody.
    More importantly he's forging unusual alliances against him. A dove and a hawk can take issue with his Putin friendly cabinet. Guys like Joe Walsh, Dinesh D'Souza, and Sarah Palin have been vocal critics of Trump.

I think new, weird battle lines are getting drawn, and we're gonna be really surprised at the people we agree with.

Is that thing actually ever being built?

And yes Houston Metro blows, Houston is great example of a city needing mass transit and having no real will to implement it.
    The last I heard they were going to begin construction next year and plan on having it finished by 2022. So if it is done by 2025 it will be a miracle.
    2015 DCC Fantasy Football League Champion

Quote Originally Posted by townsend View Post
    That is because that is true
    2015 DCC Fantasy Football League Champion

Houston is the perfect example of the halfass implementation some cities threw at the issue hoping it would be enough. No real planning not guidance from a professional.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    Houston is the perfect example of the halfass implementation some cities threw at the issue hoping it would be enough. No real planning not guidance from a professional.
    Behavioral patterns aside, the difficulty of planning & executing good mass transit is f'n difficult. So much easier to pave an 8-lane asphalt road and call it a day.

People spend good money traveling to Paris, London and all these beautiful cities. There's no geographic reason why we couldn't build them here. But it's easier to keep a litter of kittens in a box than coordinate zoning, private builders, NIMBYs & mass transit agencies.

Getting people to move into new densely apartments/condos/townhomes is actually the easiest part. Snatch that up like pussy fiends.

Quote Originally Posted by pdom View Post
    Behavioral patterns aside, the difficulty of planning & executing good mass transit is f'n difficult. So much easier to pave an 8-lane asphalt road and call it a day.

People spend good money traveling to Paris, London and all these beautiful cities. There's no geographic reason why we couldn't build them here. But it's easier to keep a litter of kittens in a box than coordinate zoning, private builders, NIMBYs & mass transit agencies.

Getting people to move into new densely apartments/condos/townhomes is actually the easiest part. Snatch that up like pussy fiends.
    It's not as difficult as you think once you have buy-in from both users and planners.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

I can't imagine how shitty it must be to be someone one who can't drive in the south.

I have a cousin who had a seizure and can't get a license. She pretty much lost her adulthood.

I love Houston, but it is zoned like one of my Sim Cities from when I was 12.

I can't imagine how shitty it must be to be someone one who can't drive in the south.

I have a cousin who had a seizure and can't get a license. She pretty much lost her adulthood.
    As a lawyer who deals with clients who get DWI's, it's impossible to survive without driving here. You can't get to work without a license. You can't pay for the things to get your license back without money. So then they drive without a license for work and get pulled over leading to more tickets, more costs and their license gone for longer. It just continues to pile up.