Week 12 Thanksgiving Chatter Thread | Cowboys vs. Panthers | 11/26/2015

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
My feeling is that it hasn't been good, but coming off a 12 win season combined with the injuries and suspensions I don't think a punitive firing is warranted.

Another 8-8 season with healthy personnel would, I'd say.
I have missed your smarminess.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Also if Romo broke his collarbone again, how can you even rely on him next year? You pretty much have to be prepared for another one.
I think you have to be locked in on first 2 rounds QB. And be very open to trading up in the first for one.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He must've come back to early. He'll probably be ok next season. Collarbone breaks aren't chronic usually. Unless he has osteoporosis or something
Pretty sure the bone was all the way healed or they wouldn't have played him.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Also if Romo broke his collarbone again, how can you even rely on him next year? You pretty much have to be prepared for another one.
That would be the smart thing to do but these retarded SOBs will just waste picks on TEs, CBc, and LBs.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Are we really into wondering if Romo is healthy?

At this stage, you fucking move on.

Anyone want to be like the Broncos without Brock Osweiler?

data

Forbes #1
My feeling is that it hasn't been good, but coming off a 12 win season combined with the injuries and suspensions I don't think a punitive firing is warranted.

Another 8-8 season with healthy personnel would, I'd say.
8-8 would be commendable. I'd say 6-10 or worse.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
There was a tweet to that effect. Saying that he actually came back a couple of games too early and the chance of rebreaking was greater but the sense of urgency for Romo was too great that he decided to play regardless.
I remember that, too. Maybe even Tony himself said that there was a greater chance of a re-break for at least a few weeks after he returned and that it wouldn't be 100% healed until the offseason. Next year it should be perfectly fine.

data

Forbes #1
Are we really into wondering if Romo is healthy?

At this stage, you fucking move on.

Anyone want to be like the Broncos without Brock Osweiler?
20 years since Aikman was Mr. Concussion and the light bulb just went on with "I got cute with the QB position".

Jerruh's still a decade from doing anything resembling sanity.

vtcowboy

Romo has openly admitted that he would have a higher risk of re-injuring his collar bone in the first few weeks after coming back, which obviously indicates it wasn't 100% healed. He took a gamble and it didn't pay off, but it wouldn't have mattered anyway as we saw in the first half. The team isn't good enough to win anything this year, with or without him.

vtcowboy

I remember that, too. Maybe even Tony himself said that there was a greater chance of a re-break for at least a few weeks after he returned and that it wouldn't be 100% healed until the offseason. Next year it should be perfectly fine.
Damn, timestamped me.

data

Forbes #1
Phil Simms has come to accept Cam's douchiness. Warms my heart.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Hey guys just got back home...how big a meltdown is going on :art

dallen

Senior Tech
We all know how this ends. Garrett wins out with Cassel - saving his job, we just miss the playoffs, get a middle of the pack draft pick and take a RB in the first round.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
20 years since Aikman was Mr. Concussion and the light bulb just went on with "I got cute with the QB position".

Jerruh's still a decade from doing anything resembling sanity.
Well it does seem that Stephen has had more responsibilities lately. Take that for what its worth.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Didn't look like Romo was at all ready for this game. Body might be breaking down on him.

Top Bottom