Week 4 Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys at Saints |10/04/2015

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
It's just pathetic. I don't even care to watch right now and turned it off in the third quarter last night. Have better things to do than waste my time with this mess.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Michael's our best chance. He just got inserted at the worst possible time.

The team needs to give him a bunch of carries. Production matters, and for running backs production in the second half when the game is close is huge.

We can't win without it. The defense isn't built that way.
I would like to see what he can do. I already know Randle and McFadden can't carry the load.

Rev

Staff member
What has Murray done this year to make you believe he is the solution?
Come on now. Who do you trust more to run the ball Randle or Murray? Who has done it and deserves the benefit of the doubt? I'm not advocating trading for the guy and I doubt Dallen was either but just because he has had a rough start doesn't mean that he is done just yet.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Come on now. Who do you trust more to run the ball Randle or Murray? Who has done it and deserves the benefit of the doubt? I'm not advocating trading for the guy and I doubt Dallen was either but just because he has had a rough start doesn't mean that he is done just yet.
We all sat here and talked about RBs in history coming off this many carries suck the next year. Is it really that far of a stretch to say Murray isn't a good RB anymore?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Rev

Staff member
We all sat here and talked about RBs in history coming off this many carries suck the next year. Is it really that far of a stretch to say Murray isn't a good RB anymore?
Just because it has doesn't mean it always will. I would still have confidence in half a Murray over what we have right now. Maybe he will prove to flop but just give it a few more games before we decide.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
Is anyone else having an issue seeing tweets?

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Jiggyfly

Banned
I don't think the offensive issues are the RB's, I think it's just that we are trying to do too much with too many different people.

It's like we have gone back to the take what the defense gives you mentality instead of doing what you do best, yes a lot of that has to do with the injuries but I think this mentality started back in camp.

I think this is why the o-line has been out of sync because we were trying to tweak everything.

Makes me wonder if Garret has not inserted himself into to mix.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
History says he'll be going down with an injury within the next month.

Amazing that everyone saw this coming except for the people responsible for making the personnel decisions.
Oh they saw it, but signed the f'er anyways to cover their asses after they let Spiller slip away to New Orleans.

This organization can't handle success, they really can't.

The meltdown into mediocrity after the Superbowl years, the complete belly-ups after 2003 and 2009, and well on their way to a similar showing in 2015 is proof positive IMO.

Unproven backup QB, average WR pipeline, worst RB's in the conference (does anyone doubt this now?) -- from an organization whose very identity is based on elite passing supplementing a dominant running game.

They deserve to lose because they are retards. Trying to bail yourself out in the 11th hour with bargain basement trades for Michael, Butler, and Cassel ISN'T GETTING IT DONE.

Jiggyfly

Banned
See this is bullshit, either bench him or you don't.

If you ran him out there to begin the second half why sit him later?

This is why I can't ever fully buy into Garrett, it's sending mixed signal's. I would have had no issue if he had just benched him outright.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Oh they saw it, but signed the f'er anyways to cover their asses after they let Spiller slip away to New Orleans.

This organization can't handle success, they really can't.

The meltdown into mediocrity after the Superbowl years, the complete belly-ups after 2003 and 2009, and well on their way to a similar showing in 2015 is proof positive IMO.

Unproven backup QB, average WR pipeline, worst RB's in the conference (does anyone doubt this now?) -- from an organization whose very identity is based on elite passing supplementing a dominant running game.

They deserve to lose because they are retards. Trying to bail yourself out in the 11th hour with bargain basement trades for Michael, Butler, and Cassel ISN'T GETTING IT DONE.
Are you really bitching about not signing injury prone Spiller.:lol

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I don't think the offensive issues are the RB's, I think it's just that we are trying to do too much with too many different people.

It's like we have gone back to the take what the defense gives you mentality instead of doing what you do best, yes a lot of that has to do with the injuries but I think this mentality started back in camp.

I think this is why the o-line has been out of sync because we were trying to tweak everything.

Makes me wonder if Garret has not inserted himself into to mix.
The offensive issues are from not having Romo. The rushing attack is part of the problem though.

kidd

DCC 4Life
So is there any word on when Lee will be allowed to return? I know the league is very cautious with these concussions so I'm expecting him to miss the Pats game but has anyone said anything about him possibly being available? I'm not exactly sure about the rule when it comes to concussions.

kidd

DCC 4Life
The offensive issues are from not having Romo. The rushing attack is part of the problem though.
True. Our run game depends somewhat on the passing game to loosen up the defense in order to pound it. Last year, the run game didn't do a lot against AZ when Romo was out and we had to depend on Weeden.

Top Bottom