Watkins: DeMarcus Ware not cleared yet

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
DeMarcus Ware not cleared yet

Updated: June 6, 2013, 1:50 PM ET
By Calvin Watkins | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- Dallas Cowboys defensive end DeMarcus Ware said he still hasn't been cleared to practice by team doctors after having offseason shoulder surgery.

Ware, who has been limited in the organized team activities the last three weeks, will miss the veteran minicamp next week.

"I feel good. I'm not 100 percent, but I'm good enough to play," Ware said after a high school football camp hosted by the Cowboys on Thursday. "I still got a couple of months to recover and get ready for training camp and I'll be ready by then."

Ware, who led the Cowboys with 11.5 sacks last season, played with one arm in the last few weeks of the 2012 regular season. He underwent surgery to repair a torn labrum in his right shoulder and he avoided surgery on his right elbow which was hyperextended numerous times. Doctors prescribed rest for the elbow.

Ware doubts he'll start training camp on the physically unable to perform list.

"I don't think so," Ware said of being on the PUP list. "I will be out there doing training camp. I might be limited, but I will be doing training camp stuff."

The seven-time Pro Bowler ranks fourth among active defensive players with 111 career sacks.

Top Bottom