JJT: Brandon Weeden must trust himself to make plays

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
And was the game plan to go to one read or what about you continuing to go underneath when we were 2 scores down?
Supposedly the gameplan stayed the same, gimme a sec will try and find the tweet

Jiggyfly

Banned
Supposedly the gameplan stayed the same, gimme a sec will try and find the tweet

I was talking about when we got the ball after Atlanta went up 2 scores at the end of the 4th, essentially hurry up.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The reason that was the gameplan was because they don't trust you.

And was the game plan to go to one read or what about you continuing to go underneath when we were 2 scores down?

He has to look in the mirror and ask himself why was that the game plan and then ask himself why was he throwing underneath all preseason.

He has 1 more game and Cassel is starting, he is in no position to be getting snippy with the media he is just pouring gas on the fire.

I expect a complete meltdown from him Sunday night.
Exactly.

It's clear the gameplan was to go with a short passing game and play it safe. But as that game got really close, and especially after we lost the lead, I doubt the coaching staff was still telling him to go short.

There were a couple of 3rd and longs late in the 2nd half where he took the snap and almost immediately threw to the backs. I seriously doubt that the coaches asked him to do that when we absolutely had to have points. It was he who making his mind up before the plays developed at that point in the game.

The bottom line is, this is an offensive staff that doesn't have much faith in the player - a player who he himself isn't very confident in his ability either, despite his tough guy response. That's already a recipe for little success, and when you couple that with the fact that our offensive staff isn't exactly known for their genius and creativity, and Weeden having next to no touch or accuracy on the intermediate stuff, and well.....that's a combination of things that is going to have us losing a lot more games than we win.

Really, our only hope is that division keeps losing, because Sunday showed us that we're not gonna be able to "survive" as we all had hoped.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It's a contradiction in terms. If the coaching staff doesn't trust the backup why is he on the team? I think he did as he was instructed and the plan failed. Whether the staff trusted or not is conjecture. As a coach you go with what you have and expect everyone to step up when asked. If the staff didn't make adjustments then you just don't know whether a backup can carry the load and that applies to every position. Can Weedin use more of the playbook? The only way you know is to call the plays.

Top Bottom