Saints Stuff...

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
You can take your not so veiled insults and condescending bullshit and shove 'em up your ass.

Last edited:

Jiggyfly

Banned
I sense some panic from this whole team.

Sad, but just an impression.

They designed this from the beginning....Randle and McFadden.

Now, the guy they got when Seattle gave up.

BTW, Rawls ran for 100 yards in mop up duty, something Michael can only dream of.
Yeah I am getting a panic vibe as well but McFadden has been terrible Michael deserves a shot at those snaps.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I sense some panic from this whole team.

Sad, but just an impression.

They designed this from the beginning....Randle and McFadden.

Now, the guy they got when Seattle gave up.

BTW, Rawls ran for 100 yards in mop up duty, something Michael can only dream of.
I don't think Michael is a panic move. Dallas brought the guy in with a plan and that's what you are seeing unfold. Michael is a talented runner, I'm sure he has earned this opportunity.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I agree, Dunbar is just a WR that we line up in the backfield. It's not necissarily a bad thing but when Dunbar is at RB its basically 90%+ chance we will pass.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
[MENTION=3]boozeman[/MENTION] [MENTION=14]NoDak[/MENTION]

I think you're both right to some extent and I already elaborated on this in the Weeden thread.

I'll just simply say that the staff definitely designed the gameplan to be centered around the short passing game, and I'm sure they banged it into his head to be safe and take what was there.

With that said, there were instances late in the game when he was immediately going short in 3rd and longs when we absolutely had to move the chains. While I'm not a big fan of our offensive staff, I also doubt they are THAT stupid where they are still instructing him to give us no shot at converting 3rd downs at moments when he had to have them.

Weeden lacks confidence and it shows. The guy has one speed when it comes to passing, and it's all or nothing. He lacks touch and accuracy at anything in the 12-18 yard range. He threw 2 passes that I recall in that range and neither was on the mark. The first was to Williams that was tipped on a bad pass, and the next was a big time miss at a critical point in the game on 2nd and 12 when he tried to hit an open Witten up the seam and instead almost got him killed.

Both the coaches and the player are responsible for what we saw out there on Sunday, and that is not going to change going forward because neither is capable of being a whole lot better than they are right now.

Last edited:

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
This is a must win for Dallas IMO. I believe if this one goes in the shitter, the season is right behind it.

Weeden needs to go..put Cassel in...I believe he'll be better at going thru the 2nd and 3rd reads.
Agreed.

I'm already preparing myself for the season to be a waste because I honestly don't think we can expect better offensive production with Dez and Romo out than what we got on Sunday.

28 points and we still lose? That's a terrible sign.

If we lose to the Saints, the season is officially over unless the entire division keeps losing and losing. If we can't beat a very vulnerable and beatable Atlanta team after scoring 28 first half points, nor an 0-3 Saints team going on a year and half of playing bad football, then you can throw in the towel.

There is no damn way we're going to beat New England or Seattle, and the Giants and Eagles are already tough games even when we're at full strength, so I'd favor them against us as well. Those are 4 games that are all very likely to end in losses. After the Saints, the only truly winnable game I see between now and Romo's return (The Miami game the Sunday before Thanksgiving) is the Bucs game. That means in order for us to have a chance be .500 at the halfway mark (which is the worst I think we can afford to be), we have to beat the Saints. After that, any victory between then and the Bucs game would be icing on the cake......but I wouldn't count on it.

If we get to .500 at the halfway mark, and assuming the Eagles or Giants just don't start clicking or get hpt, we'll still have a shot to win the division. Lose vs the Saints, though, and it's over.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Jiggyfly

Banned
Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said RB Christine Michael is "in the mix" to be active against New Orleans.

Michael reportedly saw more reps than usual in practice on Wednesday. It is an odd time to bump up Michael's usage considering how well Joseph Randle, Darren McFadden and Lance Dunbar played last week, but the Cowboys likely want to get something out of their investment. Michael still likely needs an injury to someone ahead of him to have any fantasy value.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Michael still likely needs an injury to someone ahead of him to have any fantasy value.
Bullshit.

Cowboys coaches saw past the stats just like everyone else who actually watches this team did.

Michael has the most potential to be the #1 runner on this team.

He needs to get his act together, whatever it was that made Seattle trade him.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

townsend

Banned
That deserves a :towel

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Wearing blue again.

More teams trying to jinx Dallas?
No. With the exception of 2007 (in which they wore black jerseys for all home games), Payton has had the Saints wearing white for the first three home games and black for the last five. Maybe he picked up that "white at home" habit from his days with the Cowboys.

Top Bottom