2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I don't. I'll go to South American first world countries where the health care is cheap and can be paid for in cash, like it used to be in this country.

Other people however will trust the new government they elect because they will be ready to get rid of all the corrupt bastards your generation elected over the many years. They will be, in the words of Bane, admirable but mistaken.
It isn't just my generation that has created corruption. That's convenient for discussion but corruption at every level has been around since mankind has been in charge.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Washington (CNN)House Speaker John Boehner is resigning his position as the top House Republican and from Congress at the end of October, two House Republicans said Friday.

Boehner announced his decision to colleagues Friday morning.

The abrupt decision comes after he faced heavy pressure from the conservative coalition in his party to take a harder line on their causes, most recently over defunding Planned Parenthood.

The House Speaker is third in line for the presidency after the vice president.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Washington (CNN)House Speaker John Boehner is resigning his position as the top House Republican and from Congress at the end of October, two House Republicans said Friday.

Boehner announced his decision to colleagues Friday morning.

The abrupt decision comes after he faced heavy pressure from the conservative coalition in his party to take a harder line on their causes, most recently over defunding Planned Parenthood.
This is the shit that makes it so difficult for a Republican to help fix this economy. Why this is a top priority is retarded.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
It isn't just my generation that has created corruption. That's convenient for discussion but corruption at every level has been around since mankind has been in charge.
Oh, I don't mean to imply that your generation was either the first or last to elect corrupt politicians. That has gone on and will go on forever.

townsend

Banned
This is the shit that makes it so difficult for a Republican to help fix this economy. Why this is a top priority is retarded.
At this point I Feel like Republicans have just zeroed in on 65+ year old idiots as their target demographic, and everyone else can get on board or GTFO.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
At this point I Feel like Republicans have just zeroed in on 65+ year old idiots as their target demographic, and everyone else can get on board or GTFO.
It drives me nuts, which is why I wish the libertarian party would finally take off. I absolutely hate that if you're for smaller government you have to then buy into the other stupid crap the Republican party takes with them.

townsend

Banned
It drives me nuts, which is why I wish the libertarian party would finally take off. I absolutely hate that if you're for smaller government you have to then buy into the other stupid crap the Republican party takes with them.
Republicans aren't for small government at all.They're for corporate subsidies (not that democrats aren't) and shameless wasteful defense spending.

In the last debate they devoted 15 minutes to justifying the invasion of Iraq. i'm also a small government guy, but right now we have a big ass government. Don't take my tax dollars and call me the asshole for wanting something out of it. Edit: that isn't me referring to anything you said but, commenting on the duplicitous nature of "budget conscious" republicans

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Republicans aren't for small government at all.They're for corporate subsidies (not that democrats aren't) and shameless wasteful defense spending.
Well it's one of the principals that Republicans are supposed to believe in. I get what you're saying though, saying a party is about something and actually doing something are two different things. But what you're also pointing out is a problem with basically all politicians. That they are basically in it for themselves and have few principals.

townsend

Banned
I don't think any of Bernie's proposed changes would bankrupt anyone not already headed that direction. It would however be impossible for anyone under the age of 25 to find a job.

This is where Carson hit the nail on the head. You should have a youth minimum wage and a an adult min wage. like the way NFL rookie and veteran salaries are structured.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) said:
“Everybody thought Hillary Clinton was unbeatable right? But we put together a Benghazi Special Committee, a select committee. What are her numbers today? Her numbers are dropping," McCarthy said. "Why? Cause she’s untrustable. But no one would have known any of that had happened had we not fought and made that happen,”
Sounds like the Benghazi investigation was all about hurting her election chances.

townsend

Banned
Sounds like the Benghazi investigation was all about hurting her election chances.
It absolutely was. But she deserves it. It's the only time she hasn't had someone else to fall on the sword or sweep it under the carpet. As someone who voted for the war on Iraq, and supported "traditional" marriage until 2013 she should be liberal persona non-grata. If anything house Repubs did the Libs a favor by taking her campaign. She was Bush with blonde hair.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is where Carson hit the nail on the head. You should have a youth minimum wage and a an adult min wage. like the way NFL rookie and veteran salaries are structured.
I couldn't disagree with this more. You'd have a bunch of unemployable older people who have no education and specialized skills because employers would only hire younger people who they can pay less. Not to mention the shit storm it would create in employment law when businesses are refusing to hire older workers because of the increased pay or firing workers as they age out of the younger pay scale.

Anyone who thinks minimum wage is a solution to anything really don't have an understanding of economics. The minimum wage is simply a way for politicians to pander to the idiot public who have no understanding of economics in order to get cheap votes. It's the equivalent of a politician wanting to print a coin worth 1 billion dollars to use it to pay off part of America's debt. This is what bothers me most about politicians. Instead of doing what would help America have the greatest economy in the world they are preoccupied with the short term vision of getting votes.

townsend

Banned
I couldn't disagree with this more. You'd have a bunch of unemployable older people who have no education and specialized skills because employers would only hire younger people who they can pay less. Not to mention the shit storm it would create in employment law when businesses are refusing to hire older workers because of the increased pay or firing workers as they age out of the younger pay scale.

Anyone who thinks minimum wage is a solution to anything really don't have an understanding of economics. The minimum wage is simply a way for politicians to pander to the idiot public who have no understanding of economics in order to get cheap votes. It's the equivalent of a politician wanting to print a coin worth 1 billion dollars to use it to pay off part of America's debt. This is what bothers me most about politicians. Instead of doing what would help America have the greatest economy in the world they are preoccupied with the short term vision of getting votes.
Do you realize how bad teens are at their jobs? It makes zero sense to pay them the same wages as adults. There definitely could be more done to educate the general populace, right now there are 5.6 million unfilled technical jobs. We'd be doing ourselves a favor by churning out least useful adults through some gov't run training courses so they could weld or do HVAC repair or what have you.

Felons should also have a reduced minimum wage. Min Wage should also be indexed to cost of living. 15 bucks per hour makes sense in Seattle, it absolutely doesn't in Naches Mississippi.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Do you realize how bad teens are at their jobs? It makes zero sense to pay them the same wages as adults. There definitely could be more done to educate the general populace, right now there are 5.6 million unfilled technical jobs. We'd be doing ourselves a favor by churning out least useful adults through some gov't run training courses so they could weld or do HVAC repair or what have you.

Felons should also have a reduced minimum wage. Min Wage should also be indexed to cost of living. 15 bucks per hour makes sense in Seattle, it absolutely doesn't in Naches Mississippi.
What we really should do is get rid of the minimum wage all together. It's a hindrance to an efficient economy. What you're pointing out are problems specifically created by having a minimum wage. If older workers are better workers they will make more money then the younger workers. No need to set up a minimum wage system to try and force that into place. Additional government regulation will do nothing but increase inefficiency in the system and make the economy worse.

townsend

Banned
What we really should do is get rid of the minimum wage all together. It's a hindrance to an efficient economy. What you're pointing out are problems specifically created by having a minimum wage. If older workers are better workers they will make more money then the younger workers. No need to set up a minimum wage system to try and force that into place. Additional government regulation will do nothing but increase inefficiency in the system and make the economy worse.
Maybe... there's (effectively) no minimum wage in China, and they just seem to have no middle class as a result. same with Singapore. Both countries live with extreme wealth disparity, as seems to be forming in the U.S. So make of that what you will. It's obvious that the healthiest economies all have either minimum wages or collectively bargained wages.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Maybe... there's (effectively) no minimum wage in China, and they just seem to have no middle class as a result. same with Singapore. Both countries live with extreme wealth disparity, as seems to be forming in the U.S. So make of that what you will. It's obvious that the healthiest economies all have either minimum wages or collectively bargained wages.
55 cent an hour for the masses!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom