Saints Stuff...

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Ryan is going to copy the Falcons' second half defensive gameplan. I wonder if Garrett and Linehan have an answer.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He was open down the seam a couple of times but Weeden never looked his way.
Maybe, but he played like nine snaps, so kind of hard to blame Weeden for not acknowledging the guy who they didn't feel needed to be involved much beyond a few plays.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Just guessing but I think they march Brees out there and just ram it down our throats with the run.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Maybe, but he played like nine snaps, so kind of hard to blame Weeden for not acknowledging the guy who they didn't feel needed to be involved much beyond a few plays.
9 snaps?

I had no idea he played that little what the hell went into that thought process.:lol

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
9 snaps?

I had no idea he played that little what the hell went into that thought process.:lol
It is not the first time they have used him that little.

That is why is just laugh at the idea that he can't do shit because of Witten.

Fact is, he's just not well rounded enough to be a second TE. So unless they plan to get him involved, he's pretty much useless.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
No. It's not.

It makes no difference if it was Escobar or not. Weeden wasn't looking to make that throw.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
This is a must win for Dallas IMO. I believe if this one goes in the shitter, the season is right behind it.

Weeden needs to go..put Cassel in...I believe he'll be better at going thru the 2nd and 3rd reads.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
No. It's not.

It makes no difference if it was Escobar or not. Weeden wasn't looking to make that throw.
Bullshit. Unless you think he was lying, he said he followed the gameplan. And when Escobar logs less than ten snaps in the game, I take that as evidence.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

:towel

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

If true, that is great news.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Scout's Eye: Breaking Down Brees, Plus New Orleans' Young Pass Rushers
Wednesday, September 30, 2015 2:24 PM CDT

By Bryan Broaddus
Football Analyst/Scout

IRVING, Texas – This week puts my game prep in a bit of a bind, because there’s just no way of knowing whether the Saints will suit up their Pro Bowl quarterback this weekend.

I’m going to spend some time preparing for both Drew Brees and Luke McCown, but at the end of the day I just have to assume the Saints’ Pro Bowler will be ready to go when the Cowboys get to New Orleans. Jason Garrett and his team will tell you they’re focused on themselves, but the challenges presented by Brees are too significant to ignore.

In addition, this New Orleans defense under Rob Ryan has several young playmakers that we’ll need to take a look at, as Brandon Weeden and Co. prepare for a tough road test.

Nemesis: Drew Brees, QB

When it comes to physical and mental toughness, there are few quarterbacks that match what you see in Drew Brees. His work ethic and passion make up for the physical limitations that he has for the quarterback position. His arm strength and talent are not ideal, but he manages to make it work within the scheme the Saints play.

When watching Brees play, I am always fascinated by the way that he works the pocket to make throws. Because of his lack of height, he has to find ways to move around to find throwing lanes to deliver the ball. Brees is never going to sit right in the middle of the pocket, and that makes him difficult to defend.

What also makes him difficult to defend is his fantastic accuracy. It does not matter at which level he throws the ball – he is going to give his receiver a chance. It is rare that you see him make the receiver work for the ball. Brees also plays with outstanding poise and a general awareness of what is going on around him. The tougher the situation – the better he plays. He shows clutch production and is a playmaker in every sense of the word.

If there is an issue with his game now, it is his health. As mentioned, he does not have the strongest arm, and if he is limited there – then that will make it difficult for him to make those plays that we have come to expect from him.

Weapon: Cameron Jordan, DE

For a defense that prides itself on creating pressure on the quarterback – the Saints are struggling this year. On tape their best pressure player is Cameron Jordan, and he needs to be accounted for.

Jordan plays with nice initial quickness off the snap and acceleration. His get-off puts pressure on the blocker instantly. He can defeat blockers one-on-one. He is coming up the field attacking, whether it is run or pass. Jordan’s hand use and contact balance is very good. He plays with a strike and explosiveness in his hands – he’s a hard guy to move or knock off his feet. He shows body control and balance. When he captures the corner, he shows the ability to get around the edge -- good lower body bend. Flexible.

His motor and effort are outstanding. It’s are to see him quit on a play. He plays with range. Consistent, but not up and down in his effort and technique. You can use him on games and stunts because of his athletic ability. He’s a hard guy to fool. Will keep his position. Very good key and diagnose. Shows instincts whether it is run or pass.

You have to make sure the he is secured in the scheme – can’t leave him unaccounted for because he will finish plays. I think you’ll see him get opportunities to rush from both the left and right sides.

Under the Radar: Hau’oli Kikaha, LB

Coming into the draft, I had a feeling that 3-4 scheme teams would fall in love with this player. Kikaha showed the ability to not only play on his feet but also put his hand on the ground and rush. The Saints are playing him as a linebacker, and he is playing just like I thought he would.

Even as a rookie, he does not look uncomfortable at all and is able to execute whatever assignment they want him to play. He’s got nice initial quickness and movement, and he plays with leverage to handle blockers. Explosive off the ball. Will be some snaps where he gets tied up with blocker but is always fighting to free himself.

Kikaha has the speed to run down the play from the backside. Will surprise you in how well he really can run. Can capture the corner when he is used as a pass rusher, and he has a plan as he is rushing up the field. He’s always trying pass rush moves, and he plays with balance as a player.

He is a physical, wrap-up tackler. Tough to block on the move -- disruptive player. There’s no doubt he’s better as a rusher than cover man. I never felt like he had a real good understanding of how to drop, search and redirect – this goes back to his college days at Washington. Don’t see that discipline it takes to do the job well.

It appears that the Saints agree with me in the way that they play him. He has a real nose for the ball. Plays fast on a defense that doesn’t have many defenders that can really run.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Bullshit. Unless you think he was lying, he said he followed the gameplan. And when Escobar logs less than ten snaps in the game, I take that as evidence.
Speaking of bullshit, if that was the game plan then why run those routes at all? And I don't give a damn about snap counts. I already said it didn't matter who was running them.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Speaking of bullshit, if that was the game plan then why run those routes at all? And I don't give a damn about snap counts. I already said it didn't matter who was running them.
:lol

Yeah, the guy in on nine snaps was really really a big part of the gameplan.

Our plan was so good, this might be the first time ever that decoy routes were ever employed.

It was all Weeden, kids.

Yep.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

:mj

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Yeah, the guy in on nine snaps was really really a big part of the gameplan.

Our plan was so good, this might be the first time ever that decoy routes were ever employed.

It was all Weeden, kids.

Yep.
You're so hung up on wanting to hate Escobar, you are missing where I'm saying it wouldn't have mattered if it was Tony Gonzalez running the route. To hell with Escobar. He is irrelevant to the point. Weeden was NOT throwing out there.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
You're so hung up on wanting to hate Escobar, you are missing where I'm saying it wouldn't have mattered if it was Tony Gonzalez running the route.

To hell with Escobar. He is irrelevant to the point. Weeden was NOT throwing out there.
Weeden did what he did at the coach's direction.

He said it, plain as day today.

So, if you continue, that means you are saying that he is a liar and Garrett and company are just truth sayers.

If you knew a damn thing about him or how he plays football, you would know this by now.

He is not a dink and dunk guy. That was directed.

Watch a few interviews. Read a few quotes.

I realize that may offend your black/white sensibilities, but just try.

As for Escobar, I am over that. He's already shown he isn't worth even worrying about.

He gets nine snaps, he doesn't fit what we do. And never will.

I don't give a shit if Witten keeled over tomorrow. He is not what we wanted and our refusal to make a role for him speaks to deep team issues, no whether I can't stand the guy.

I don't give a shit anymore about him. It is not about proving me wrong.

He is doing it himself by his lack of playing time. At least in how we do things.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I sense some panic from this whole team.

Sad, but just an impression.

They designed this from the beginning....Randle and McFadden.

Now, the guy they got when Seattle gave up.

BTW, Rawls ran for 100 yards in mop up duty, something Michael can only dream of.

Top Bottom