User Tag List

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Report: Randy Gregory failed drug test, faces lengthy ban

Quote Originally Posted by E_D_Guapo View Post
    I don't know, but the safe assumption is that he skipped it because he knew he was going to fail.
    Yeah as an attorney that's usually my assumption as well. Although it's not always true. Just most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    Yeah as an attorney that's usually my assumption as well. Although it's not always true. Just most of the time.
    I've heard a rumor that the reason he missed it is because he was in rehab and couldn't leave to get to the league's testing. If it weren't the NFL I'd say that is ridiculous, but they've penalized people for stupider stuff.
    2015 DCC Fantasy Football League Champion

Quote Originally Posted by dallen View Post
    I've heard a rumor that the reason he missed it is because he was in rehab and couldn't leave to get to the league's testing. If it weren't the NFL I'd say that is ridiculous, but they've penalized people for stupider stuff.
    For him to initiate a visit to the league office, I take that as him thinking that there were circumstances that caused him to miss the test which was beyond his control.
    Since Day One

If he misses a test for any reason, it's a serious misstep.

If you're the league, you have to assume any excuse is 95% bullshit. Don't trust, and verify.

Now if he's in a league-assigned rehab and misses a league-administered test, then I could see justification for appeal.

But must of the time there is no excuse for missing a test.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    Source: NFL will rule on Randy Gregory before Cowboys playoff game

Jan 4
    1/4/2017 7:52:14 PM

The NFL will rule on defensive end Randy Gregory's appeal of a missed drug test in the next seven to 10 days, Clarence Hill of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports. This according to a source.

A decision will be made before the Dallas Cowboys suit up for the NFC Divisional Playoffs on Sunday, Jan. 15, the source said.

Gregory was back with the Cowboys Wednesday after flying to New York on Tuesday to appeal the missed test that has him in the cross hairs of a year-long suspension.

Gregory was suspended for the first 14 games of the season for violating the league's substance abuse policy.

The latest issue came up while he was serving the suspension
    Wasn't the test he missed assigned while he was in rehab? I could be wrong but I seem to remember that coming up at the time.

{I was time stamped}

Quote Originally Posted by dallen View Post
    If that is true he should have no problem winning his appeal, but I am skeptical.

Quote Originally Posted by E_D_Guapo View Post
    If that is true he should have no problem winning his appeal, but I am skeptical.
    I'm skeptical of the league doing anything positive in our favor with regards to a suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    I'm skeptical of the league doing anything positive in our favor with regards to a suspension.
    The league can't afford to be lenient when it comes to missed tests.

So he was in "rehab". Why not coordinate his tests with the league then?

I seriously doubt the league implements or coordinates with any official rehab program. That's expensive and hard to manage. If you opt for rehab, it's on your time and dime (or whatever your benefits cover).

Doesn't change needing to piss in a cup when the league says so. How hard would that be to privately arrange with a rehab program, especially one claiming to cater to professional athletes?

I don't buy his excuse and am pretty sure he fucked up by not covering his bases.

Utterly. Stupid.

A year plus. So, do you cut him or keep him?

Quote Originally Posted by shoop View Post
    A year plus. So, do you cut him or keep him?
    Don't care until when I have to pay him. Then when I do, bye.