Archive - Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Honestly I don't know. The question I have is if we were worried about Weeden as the safety net why did we not even attempt to look for anyone else.

Hell if we had just traded for Cassel in the offseason he would at least would have had a full camp with us..
I don't think this is a move that says we are worried about Weeden. I think it's just a move to have a backup for Weeden, since he'll be starting for nearly half a season and will need one.

townsend

Banned
I don't think this is a move that says we are worried about Weeden. I think it's just a move to have a backup for Weeden, since he'll be starting for nearly half a season and will need one.
It doesn't worry me as much, since it was a 2017 pick. I was afraid we had traded a 4th for Cassel in some kind of desperate move for an alternate QB if Weeden fails. I'm still not sure he's better than Moore, but it's just easy roster shuffling at this point.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Good, McClain was worthless. That opens space to keep Bishop and Coleman when Hardy gets back.
He actually had a really good game against Philly, but he cannot stay healthy so we can start getting the young guys some run.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I want to believe it is just that, but it is rather bold to do to absorb his cap charge and trade a pick away for insurance if you really believe the rhetoric about how much you love Weeden and how thrilled you were to get Moore.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I want to believe it is just that, but it is rather bold to do to absorb his cap charge and trade a pick away for insurance if you really believe the rhetoric about how much you love Weeden and how thrilled you were to get Moore.
I thought buffalo cut him and resigned him to a lower number... no?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It's absolutely indicative of what they think about Weeden. What team on this planet gives up a 5th for a 3rd string QB when other "bus drivers" are out there for free? It's silly.

Cotton

Staff member
They did. But I think they signed him back for a two million a year savings.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It's absolutely indicative of what they think about Weeden. What team on this planet gives up a 5th for a 3rd string QB when other "bus drivers" are out there for free? It's silly.
If that's the case then Cassell should be starting in a couple of weeks regardless of how Weeden performs. Guess we will see how that plays out.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
A QB who was basically available for free a couple weeks ago. It was a purely panic move on the Cowboys part. And come the end of this season I can promise we will all regret it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
A QB who was basically available for free a couple weeks ago. It was a purely panic move on the Cowboys part. And come the end of this season I can promise we will all regret it.
Regret? Nah. Just chuckle and laugh at how desperate and futile it was.

Cotton

Staff member
Yep.

Cotton

Staff member

D

Deuce

We will regret losing that pick.
My God, the drama over a late rounder. Had we just taken a QB with that pick, the expectation would be nothing more than a developmental backup anyhow.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Jerry and company are all in. Its now or never for the Romos and the Wittens of this team. They are going for it with this Cassel signing.

townsend

Banned
Jerry and company are all in. Its now or never for the Romos and the Wittens of this team. They are going for it with this Cassel signing.
That's them going for it? Don't get me wrong I've never been one to beg for an Adrian Peterson trade, but if they wanted to put their chips to the center, they should have looked for a RB besides McFadden this spring. This is scrambling to save a season, not a calculated push.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I think it's then going for it at this stage. I'm not happy about it being Cassel and they should be developing QBs. However we are the cowboys and this regime has never been proactive with the position. I'm not going to worry over what pick we gave up, either. If he comes in and wins a game then it's more than worth it.

Carp

DCC 4Life
My God, the drama over a late rounder. Had we just taken a QB with that pick, the expectation would be nothing more than a developmental backup anyhow.
Yep...overly dramatic.

Jiggyfly

Banned
What will we regret?

Passing on Ponder?

I can understand not liking what we gave up but you are acting like Cassel is going to single handedly ruin our season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom