2016 Regular Season Predictions

2016 Regular Season Predictions

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I think we should be around 8-8 but then you have to figure in the game or two we lose because Garrett isn't fully trained yet so 6-10 or 7-9

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
So third easiest schedule in the NFL and you think we have the same record as last year with Cassel and Weeden? Not sure how you can justify that.
I'm just responding to the thread title which clearly states 2015 season

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That's great. But who is the Zak?

I was suggesting we change his name to Zak. I started to edit the first post, and then realized it had a nice ring to it and left it. I'm hoping to like start a trend or something.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I've got the Cowboys finishing 6-10.

5-9 with Dak starting and playing fairly well. Well enough to have a legitimate discussion about who should be the starting QB in 2017.

Romo rushes back too early in fear of losing his job and is subsequently re-injured; only playing two games on the year. Going 1-1 in his two starts.

In a perfect world we finally throw in the towel and move on from the Romo and Garrett era.

data

Forbes #1
Last year I threw out the W-L stats for starter of the Gameday Chatter Thread. Fire it back up for Week 1 or re-evaluate after Week 4?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm actually a bit surprised how negative this poll is. I thought people were actually kind of high on Prescott.

Personally I think Dallas finishes 9-7. We have one of the easiest schedules in the NFL. We play in one of the weakest if not the weakest division in the NFL. We have an offense that is absolutely stacked with talent. I'm not sure how much Romo plays but I think Dak gets the job done having the Great Wall of China in front of him and an elite RB carrying the ball. And because I think our division sucks, I think we go 9-7 and win the division with Dak playing most of the season.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
I'm better off as a pessimist.

I actually think we will be 9-7 or 8-8

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I'm actually a bit surprised how negative this poll is. I thought people were actually kind of high on Prescott.

Personally I think Dallas finishes 9-7. We have one of the easiest schedules in the NFL. We play in one of the weakest if not the weakest division in the NFL. We have an offense that is absolutely stacked with talent. I'm not sure how much Romo plays but I think Dak gets the job done having the Great Wall of China in front of him and an elite RB carrying the ball. And because I think our division sucks, I think we go 9-7 and win the division with Dak playing most of the season.
I think we are still high on Prescott but just realize that the regular season is different from preseason. Now if he looks like he did in the preseason on Sunday then I bet there would be a different result.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

I'm encouraged thus far by what we've seen from Dak, but I still expect a good amount of growing pains given he's a rookie.

Guys like Flacco and Roethlisberger were successful their first year, but they each had a defense to lean on and make up for their mistakes.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think we are still high on Prescott but just realize that the regular season is different from preseason. Now if he looks like he did in the preseason on Sunday then I bet there would be a different result.
Yeah if Prescott plays like he did in preseason I'd be talking superbowl. I'm hoping he can post something close to a 100 QB rating with a limited amount of throws per game. Our team is going to be about the run game. And with a great run game will come an improved defense.

dallen

Senior Tech

I'm high on Prescott long term, but he is still a rookie 4th round pick playing on a team with a weak defense. History says he will struggle.

Although...I was thinking about it some more this morning on the way to work. This team always seems to upset expectations. When we are supposed to be bad, we make the playoffs. When we are supposed to compete for a Super Bowl, we end up with the 4th overall pick. Maybe the fact that people expect the team to struggle this year will keep them more focused.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Although...I was thinking about it some more this morning on the way to work. This team always seems to upset expectations. When we are supposed to be bad, we make the playoffs. When we are supposed to compete for a Super Bowl, we end up with the 4th overall pick. Maybe the fact that people expect the team to struggle this year will keep them more focused.
It definitely seems to be our MO. I keep thinking this team is closer to 2014 then we are 2015 but truth is none of us really have a clue because it all depends on two rookies. Guys that you don't really know about until the season starts. I'll take that over last year where your hopes are dashed by yet another Romo injury.

Top Bottom