Demarco Murray traded to the Titans

D

Deuce

I don't really care how it effects the Eagles too much. Enjoy rotting on the last place team in the worst division in football, asshole.

dallen

Senior Tech
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. How the fuck are the eagles saving like 9 million dollars in cap space when they signed Murray and Maxwell to huge deals just a year ago? Meanwhile 4 years after signing Carr we're still worried about cap hits. Wtf is this wizardry?
I know that signing bonuses are the only thing that is spread out over the life of the contract. So if they had guaranteed some of his salary in future seasons instead of a signing bonus I don't think that would count against them in a trade.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I don't really care how it effects the Eagles too much. Enjoy rotting on the last place team in the worst division in football, asshole.
Pretty much.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I will take the opportunity to drop this gif again:

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
So why don't we do these things? Seems like a smart way to do business and guard against bad contracts.

Jiggyfly

Banned
So why don't we do these things? Seems like a smart way to do business and guard against bad contracts.
We do those things we just never wanted to trade anybody to get out of a contract.

Outside of Carr who fits, he has been the only bad contract over the last 3 years.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
We do those things we just never wanted to trade anybody to get out of a contract.

Outside of Carr who fits, he has been the only bad contract over the last 3 years.
It also makes a difference if the player is not good enough to motivate anyone to trade for them. Would you trade for Brandon Carr?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Yeah this team really has little to no dead money for awhile now. That means we aren't actually wanting out of bad contracts or there aren't really many. Carr is the only one that comes to mind and I don't think Dallas has had any inclination to want to get rid of him until now. Even still no one would trade for him at this point in his career.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. How the fuck are the eagles saving like 9 million dollars in cap space when they signed Murray and Maxwell to huge deals just a year ago? Meanwhile 4 years after signing Carr we're still worried about cap hits. Wtf is this wizardry?
Because the players are being traded... therefore their contracts go with them. No team will trade for Carr.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Pretty crazy how the Eagles have torn down and rebuilt their roster twice in 3 years.

First it was Chip Kelly getting rid of all the playmakers from Reid's era, and now they're getting rid of all the players from Chip's tenure.

I can't recall another instance of a team tearing down their roster twice in such a short span.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Murray got what he deserved. I totally understand him taking the money, last offseason was likely his only chance in the NFL to make real money, but these are the consequences of following the money no matter what.

He could have stayed in Dallas making a reasonable 5-6 a year with 12 guaranteed in a city he obviously loved, with teammates and a coaching staff he was obviously comfortable with, instead he decided the extra 2 or so million per year and 9 million extra guaranteed was more important. The trade off there was having to spend a year in a city that hates him, with a completely dysfunctional coaching staff/front office and now his only escape is to the team that had the worst record in the league last year.

Jiggyfly

Banned
It also makes a difference if the player is not good enough to motivate anyone to trade for them. Would you trade for Brandon Carr?
So Maxwell is so much better than Carr?

If a team wanted Maxwell there would have been an interest in Carr especially considering most of his bonus and guaranteed money had already been paid.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
So Maxwell is so much better than Carr?

If a team wanted Maxwell there would have been an interest in Carr especially considering most of his bonus and guaranteed money had already been paid.
He has a 9.1 million base salary in 2016 and 10 million in 2017. You would pay him that?

Jiggyfly

Banned
Why would a team trade for him and pay him those salaries?
Why would a team trade for Maxwell's salary?

My point was that Maxwell is not a better corner than Carr and is making about the same and somebody traded for him.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Why would a team trade for Maxwell's salary?

My point was that Maxwell is not a better corner than Carr and is making about the same and somebody traded for him.
No idea why they wanted him bad enough to take on that contract, he has 4 INTs to Carr's 0 in the last 2 years, but they are both pretty terrible.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
No idea why they wanted him bad enough to take on that contract, he has 4 INTs to Carr's 0 in the last 2 years, but they are both pretty terrible.
He looked good in Seattle but so does everybody who fills the spot next to the 3 elite other DBs they have. People give Carr too much credit though. He wasn't even an average starting level corner.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
He looked good in Seattle but so does everybody who fills the spot next to the 3 elite other DBs they have. People give Carr too much credit though. He wasn't even an average starting level corner.
I didn't say he was.

Top Bottom