Archive - Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dallen

Senior Tech
I want to imagine they just happened to have their seats next to him, and Colt spent the whole game lobbying for a job while they sat there staring straight ahead ignoring him.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I'm of the mind now there's no way they take QB at 4. I want a trade down and to get Elliot. I think getting him helps both offense and defense and he would have the most immediate impact of any player they could take. Even if they don't trade down, take him damnit.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
DFDC

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I'm of the mind now there's no way they take QB at 4. I want a trade down and to get Elliot. I think getting him helps both offense and defense and he would have the most immediate impact of any player they could take. Even if they don't trade down, take him damnit.
Elliott would be awesome, though if one of these three QB's is available at 4 and is of franchise quality then you have to take him.

I also feel the same way about Buckner because we are perpetually buggered on defense. But it's a shame, because Cowboys aside Elliott will make a bigger overall impact than Buckner.

FQB > Buckner > Elliott > Bosa. That best reflects Dallas' combination of needs/draft impact.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
:lol

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Championship.

dallen

Senior Tech

Championship.
RKG

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

I hope we look at peddling him for a mid round pick.

A fourth would be sweet.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would love to have someone bite. I would even trade his rights for a third.
Agreed, we had to do that offer because he was undrafted. But he is better then a lot of teams starters and cheap. Would be tempting to someone I would think.

p1_

DCC 4Life

A fourth would be sweet.
If we had a clue what to do with such a pick.

Newt

DCC 4Life

A fourth would be sweet.
I'm not against keeping Leary around, we don't exactly have great depth along the O-line if he doesn't return. Leary has proven to be capable, not an allstar but if someone were to get hurt he could step in and we wouldn't see a giant down turn in production.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm not against keeping Leary around, we don't exactly have great depth along the O-line if he doesn't return. Leary has proven to be capable, not an allstar but if someone were to get hurt he could step in and we wouldn't see a giant down turn in production.
Basically you either keep him 1 more year as an elite backup and get nothing in return for him or you trade him now. I wouldn't give the guy away. I wouldn't trade him for a late round pick. He has more value to me as a backup. But if I can get a good pick for him I take it knowing he will bolt after this season anyway.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
If we can get anything for either of them I would take it.

Can't believe Leary's knee held up this long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom