Sherrington: Expecting Dak Prescott to make up for Jerry Jones mishandling Cowboys' QB situation is too much to ask

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Scandrick, Byron Jones starting, healthy Crawford, NT not named Hayden. All of that gives me plenty of reason to believe we will be better. Lawrence will only miss 4 games.

I wonder how big of a difference not having Hardy will make. I know he didn't have a great year, but he's still someone that has to command attention when he's on the field.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
If Dak continues looking great in the regular seasons will that effect Romo's legacy?
Getting ahead of ourselves, but if it happens I'd prefer to think of it as major points in favor of Dak's own legacy.

Nothing can convince me Romo wasn't an outstanding player playing with a load of crap for most of his tenure. He clearly elevated his teammates and unfortunately his front office as well.

If Dak can do the same, more power to him.

Carp

DCC 4Life
As has kind of been mentioned, Dak has already shown a willingness to throw a pass and let Dez go get it. I saw some pretty remarkable chemistry between he and Dez early on. Also, he let Witten go and get the ball for the one TD...Dak trusts the talent around him. He seems real comfortable with Williams and Butler...works well with Swaim, the only guy I am not sure he is really clicking with is Beasley...that will come with time, trying to find him when being rushed can be difficult.

Elliott looks like he is going to be an instant star in the league...I like his running with reckless abandon, but he needs to temper that...injuries and fumbles can come when he runs like that. He picks up blitzes too, so he is definitely a 3 down back.

Feels weird, been a long time since I have been genuinely excited about a young QB on our team...particularly one that I think is our future franchise QB.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
As has kind of been mentioned, Dak has already shown a willingness to throw a pass and let Dez go get it. I saw some pretty remarkable chemistry between he and Dez early on. Also, he let Witten go and get the ball for the one TD...Dak trusts the talent around him. He seems real comfortable with Williams and Butler...works well with Swaim, the only guy I am not sure he is really clicking with is Beasley...that will come with time, trying to find him when being rushed can be difficult.

Elliott looks like he is going to be an instant star in the league...I like his running with reckless abandon, but he needs to temper that...injuries and fumbles can come when he runs like that. He picks up blitzes too, so he is definitely a 3 down back.

Feels weird, been a long time since I have been genuinely excited about a young QB on our team...particularly one that I think is our future franchise QB.
I thought he had fairly good chemistry with Beasley considering. He certainly made Brice look damn good. The thing that has been most impressive to me is how the team fights for him which is nice to see.

It's been a long time since I've been this excited about both a QB and RB at the same time.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Not so sure about Dak's athleticism now

Not so sure about Dak's athleticism now

Dak watching draft with family.

Top Bottom