Does Dallas really have a chance with Dak Prescott? Some answers...

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Rookie QB and a bad defense? Yeah. That's not too much to overcome.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rookie QB and a bad defense? Yeah. That's not too much to overcome.
I'm curious to see how this defense performs actually. They aren't as bad as they looked last year. I wouldn't be surprised if this defense falls somewhere in the 10-15 best defense in the NFL. Everyone seems to be dumping on them like they will be an all time worst defense. I don't think they are that bad. The DEs are just an unknown right now.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
No kidding, and honestly 5 mil of space would actually allow us to sign an elite player. The first year of a contract is always low and in year two, three and four of that contract Romo's money would be totally off the books and we would have a ton of room.

So yeah, cutting Romo after this season would make sense if Dak is the real deal. I'll keep my fingers crossed that he keeps doing what he is doing.
In all honesty I hope we bring him back as the QB coach and get rid of that POS Wilson.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I'm curious to see how this defense performs actually. They aren't as bad as they looked last year. I wouldn't be surprised if this defense falls somewhere in the 10-15 best defense in the NFL. Everyone seems to be dumping on them like they will be an all time worst defense. I don't think they are that bad. The DEs are just an unknown right now.
I don't think they are all time bad but I'll be shocked if they are 10-15. I see them more in the 20ish range.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I hope Prescott proves all the haters like LT wrong and plays well.
I am not a hater. I just think it's too early to think that he will automatically perform well in the regular season the way he has in preseason. He is a rookie and will make rookie mistakes. I am a realist about him and it will be a successful start if he performs well enough to go .500 in the first 6 games. There is no hater position in that thought process.

Last edited:

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I am not a hater. I just think it's too early to think that he will automatically left employees in the regular season the way he has in preseason. He I s a rookie and will make rookie mistakes. I am a realist about him and it will be a successful s art if he performs well enough to go .500 in the first 6 games. There is no hater position in that thought process.
Yep. There is no shame in thinking Rookies are going to struggle in the regular season. Doesn't mean he is going to be a failure. It just means he is doing what 99% of the other rookies are doing.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Live or die with Dak this year, I don't see Romo coming back before 8 weeks and if he does he won't last 3...
Don't bring a vet to back Dak up, if he goes down bring another young kid, the season is in the gutter anyway...

Jiggyfly

Banned
I am not a hater. I just think it's too early to think that he will automatically perform well in the regular season the way he has in preseason. He is a rookie and will make rookie mistakes. I am a realist about him and it will be a successful start if he performs well enough to go .500 in the first 6 games. There is no hater position in that thought process.
Who here has said he will perform the same in the regular season as he has in preseason?

How are you being more "real" than anybody else here?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Who here has said he will perform the same in the regular season as he has in preseason?

:lol

You really get a hard dick going after anything and everything LT says, don't you?

Jiggyfly

Banned

You really get a hard dick going after anything and everything LT says, don't you?
Says the guy that just went after him way harder in the Kapernick thread.

And nobody gets harder than when you are after me, oh the irony.:lol

I wonder why a hard dick was your go to illustration.:unsure

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Says the guy that just went after him way harder in the Kapernick thread.

And nobody gets harder than when you are after me, oh the irony.:lol

I wonder why a hard dick was your go to illustration.:unsure
Please. You are constantly stalking him, no matter the topic. I made a post or two in that thread. I wasn't "going after" him. As for me going after you... Go find the last time I responded to anything you posted. Then go count how many times since then that you've stalked LT. Which one do you think is higher?

As for the hard dick illustration, I just figured your kind would appreciate it. Familiarity, and all.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Please. You are constantly stalking him, no matter the topic. I made a post or two in that thread. I wasn't "going after" him. As for me going after you... Go find the last time I responded to anything you posted. Then go count how many times since then that you've stalked LT. Which one do you think is higher?

As for the hard dick illustration, I just figured your kind would appreciate it. Familiarity, and all.
You are the one that seem to be familiar with how a post might "excite" I would never even put the two things together.

But hey there is nothing wrong with that.

Jiggyfly

Banned
But anyway.

I still would like to know who is not being real about Dak here.

The most I see is guarded optimism.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Damn near every single time.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

You like to add words to things don't you. Did I say I was being "more" real? Of course not. I said I didn't expect Prescott to perform as well in the regular season as he did in the preseason. Then I said I was being a realist. Did I say anyone said he would perform as well in the regular season. Of course not. You just have a penchant for changing things around to fit your agenda.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You like to add words to things don't you. Did I say I was being "more" real? Of course not. I said I didn't expect Prescott to perform as well in the regular season as he did in the preseason. Then I said I was being a realist. Did I say anyone said he would perform as well in the regular season. Of course not. You just have a penchant for changing things around to fit your agenda.
I'm sorry, I started this and I was really just trying to give you a hard time. I don't really think you are a Dak hater at all. Just having a little fun with you.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I'm sorry, I started this and I was really just trying to give you a hard time. I don't really think you are a Dak hater at all. Just having a little fun with you.
That's fine. Jiggy saw a chance to dog pile and jumped in with his usual manipulative dialogue. He can't help himself.

Top Bottom