Gameday Chatter Thread | Week 1, 2015 Season | Giants at Cowboys | 9/13/2015

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Sometimes you just have to win ugly. I'm concerned about the next month or so without Dez, Gregory, Hardy, and McCain, but I feel the Cowboys have grown mentally tough enough to get through.

Eagles, Falcons, Saints (indoors), and Patriots is not a light stretch.
I think 2-2 in that stretch is very doable. Falcons and Saints are both very beatable.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Speaking of Dez, so what was the purpose of holding him out all of TC? Just so he could get hurt in the first game? I haven't read the entire thread closely, so someone stop me if this has been discussed. But, IMO, you don't practice scared of injuries, or you very well could subject yourself to a higher risk on injury later because you haven't been practicing and staying in game shape.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I think 2-2 in that stretch is very doable. Falcons and Saints are both very beatable.
I agree. Even with our injuries, I think we can win those games. And if we play well, we could surprise in the other two. I expect 2-2, but I think 3-1 is entirely possible.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Speaking of Dez, so what was the purpose of holding him out all of TC? Just so he could get hurt in the first game? I haven't read the entire thread closely, so someone stop me if this has been discussed. But, IMO, you don't practice scared of injuries, or you very well could subject yourself to a higher risk on injury later because you haven't been practicing and staying in game shape.
He tweaked his hamstring. He was healthy enough to go before the final preseason game, but sat along with the rest of the starters.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I don't think Dez being held out of TC practice had anything to do with him breaking a bone in his foot last night.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I don't think Dez being held out of TC practice had anything to do with him breaking a bone in his foot last night.
It is ironic he got hurt right after he signed his new deal. Just sayin...

Carp

DCC 4Life
It is ironic he got hurt right after he signed his new deal. Just sayin...
It is...he signed the contract with a pen wedged between his toes, causing discomfort and swelling, leading to the broken bone.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Carp

DCC 4Life
I will say this...Dunbar was very impressive last night. He seems very clued in to what they want him to do and Romo seemed very comfortable with him.

Cotton

Staff member

He absolutely should be suspended. A fine is not enough.

Cotton

Staff member
I will say this...Dunbar was very impressive last night. He seems very clued in to what they want him to do and Romo seemed very comfortable with him.
Yep, and he is good in space, so it's just a natural fit for him if they will keep using him that way which it sure seems they will.

Carp

DCC 4Life

He absolutely should be suspended. A fine is not enough.
Cooper is not a woman. Case closed.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Yep, and he is good in space, so it's just a natural fit for him if they will keep using him that way which it sure seems they will.
Y'all be careful drinking the Dunbar cool aid. People are watching.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

If we can get more play out of Claiborne like this, it will be huge.

Last edited:

Carp

DCC 4Life
I thought Claiborne was really good last night. Nothing flashy, just was where he was supposed to be and was physical as well. Overall, I thought our DBs played good last night. The Ss really had no impact, but the Giants did not stretch the field and seemed to be wanting to get the ball out of Eli's hands as quickly as possible.

Top Bottom