Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
On that note, I'm out.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
North Carolina's QB has thrown some horrible INTs. Killed 2 scoring drives with God awful decisions.

But somehow they're still winning 13-10.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The damn Utes haven't given the ball much to Booker.

He's one guy I was curious to watch more, but they are putting him as a decoy.

1bigfan13

Staff member
FIU is about to take down Deuce's UCF Knights, in Orlando at that..

They just blocked UCF's FG attempt from aboout 47 yards out.

Carp

DCC 4Life
This Mich QB sucks. Unimpressed with their run game as well. Going to be a rough start.

Carp

DCC 4Life
You'd think that Hoke would have recruited at least one or 2 OL, but they look like shit upfront.

1bigfan13

Staff member
[MENTION=12]Deuce[/MENTION] where you at, bro?
We might have to call the Orange County Sheriff's Office to perform one of those health and welfare checks.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Just wondering if it was going to be Jake Ruddock. As an Iowa fan I got so tired of seeing him conservatively throw a 3 yard pass on third and 6. I am curious to see if Harbaugh can get something out of him. If he does it would be a strong sign that Iowa may just need to fire the coaching staff.
From what I saw last night, the Iowa coaching staff doesn't get the blame for Rudock's struggles.

That dude is extremely inconsistent. There were a couple of times where the Michigan WRs got behind the Utah secondary for what should have been easy TDs, but Rudock overthrew them on the deep ball on both occasions.

Then he killed a crucial, 2nd half drive by not hurrying to the line on a close play that was eventually overturned. It was 3rd and 6 and he threw a low pass that his WR trapped after the ball touched the ground. The officials called it a complete pass and awarded UM the first down. Now instead of hurrying to prevent the officials from reviewing the play, and as Harbaugh was signaling him to do, he took his time to huddle up, showed no sense of urgency......and when they were getting ready to finally snap the ball the replay officials stopped the play and the play was subsequently overturned.

A 5th year QB should know better. Total lack of awareness on Rudock's part. That's a mistake that you'd expect from true Freshmen.

If I were Harbaugh I'd give him one more start. If he looks bad in week 2 I move on to the other QB. Because what's the benefit of keeping him around? At this point, he is what he is. It's not like you can develop him for future years. He's one and done at Michigan.

1bigfan13

Staff member
What an embarrassing way to start the year. New OC sucks donkey dicks.
Just be glad you didn't get Oklahoma's old OC, Josh Heupel.

Here's a hint at what he produced in his first game at Utah St.

Glad he's now someone else's problem.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
From what I saw last night, the Iowa coaching staff doesn't get the blame for Rudock's struggles.

That dude is extremely inconsistent. There were a couple of times where the Michigan WRs got behind the Utah secondary for what should have been easy TDs, but Rudock overthrew them on the deep ball on both occasions.

Then he killed a crucial, 2nd half drive by not hurrying to the line on a close play that was eventually overturned. It was 3rd and 6 and he threw a low pass that his WR trapped after the ball touched the ground. The officials called it a complete pass and awarded UM the first down. Now instead of hurrying to prevent the officials from reviewing the play, and as Harbaugh was signaling him to do, he took his time to huddle up, showed no sense of urgency......and when they were getting ready to finally snap the ball the replay officials stopped the play and the play was subsequently overturned.

A 5th year QB should know better. Total lack of awareness on Rudock's part. That's a mistake that you'd expect from true Freshmen.

If I were Harbaugh I'd give him one more start. If he looks bad in week 2 I move on to the other QB. Because what's the benefit of keeping him around? At this point, he is what he is. It's not like you can develop him for future years. He's one and done at Michigan.
Yeah Rudock is a smart guy. I mean he'll probably make for an excellent doctor but that type of intelligence doesn't always translate on the field. The thing that always bothered me about him is that he is the king of settling for short passes but then he ends throwing picks at an alarmingly high rate still. You'd hope if the guy is throwing 3 and 4 yard passes that he would almost never turn the ball over. Of course his accuracy down field may be why he settles for so many short throws. I wish him the best of luck in life. Unlike these hateful Texas Tech fans I hold no ill will to our former QB but ultimately I just don't think he is cut out for a big time football program.

D

Deuce

Just be glad you didn't get Oklahoma's old OC, Josh Heupel.

Here's a hint at what he produced in his first game at Utah St.

Glad he's now someone else's problem.
Ya, but the scary thing for UCF is our new OC is also expected to be the coach in waiting for when GOL retires (possibly after this season). He was the TE coach and recruiting coordinator and good at both jobs. Then took over the OL which has sucked since then and now as the OC and playcaller he freaks out against inferior teams.

We're a program that should be able to get a solid coach with our recent success and instead we're going to waste a few seasons with this idiot.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Baylors Freshman QB Jarrett Stidhams first college pass was a 42 yard TD.

:tippytoe

1bigfan13

Staff member
I was very impressed with what Chad Morris has done with SMU. The final score was ugly but they hung with Baylor toe-to-toe until the late 3rd quarter.

They look completely different than the band of disorganized quitters that took the field last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom