LOL @ the Redskins

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Who didn't know Griffin would struggle in the pros? He came out early from a system that is foreign to the playbook in the pros and tried to utilize those same skill sets in the game. He physically tried to run from trouble and even though having this bravado ended up getting hammered to the point of serious injury. He still has the same mindset and either is stubborn or cannot read defenses or a playbook yet. It not a surprise to me that he is nearly getting killed every season.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Who didn't know Griffin would struggle in the pros? He came out early from a system that is foreign to the playbook in the pros and tried to utilize those same skill sets in the game. He physically tried to run from trouble and even though having this bravado ended up getting hammered to the point of serious injury. He still has the same mindset and either is stubborn or cannot read defenses or a playbook yet. It not a surprise to me that he is nearly getting killed every season.
I don't know if it was on NFL Live or on NFLN, but one of the debates/polls was whether the Redskins were setting RG3 up for success, or just setting him up.

I couldn't help but roll my eyes at that nonsense. So what? The Redskins are purposely trying to sabotage him and make him fail when they could've just let him go in the offseason or name someone else the starter now?

Nonsense.

What exactly could the Redskins do to make his situation better? I mean, the team he has around him is the best they have to offer. It's not like they are purposely sitting their best players when RG3 is under center. The problem is, as you stated, is that the guy is just one of many college QBs who have and will fail because they come from systems that do not produce quality NFL QBs. The skills required to run these gimmicky, college spread systems don't translate well to the pro game because their ability as a passer isn't being developed properly.

So not only did he have that going against him, he also doesn't appear to be neither smart nor mature enough to overcome some of the other hurdles he's run into.

All in all, the guy just isn't an NFL starting QB and he's never going to be.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Sucks for them.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Report: Several Washington offensive linemen dislike RG3

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 27, 2015, 2:23 PM EDT

As Robert Griffin III morphed from the rookie of the year in 2012 to a huge disappointment in 2013, questions started to be raised about whether his offensive line disliked him. At one point late in the 2013 season, it was observed that Washington’s offensive linemen hardly ever helped Griffin up after sacks, and reports out of the team’s locker room began to indicate that players were tired of Griffin’s refusal to take the blame when things went wrong.

Two years later, Griffin still doesn’t seem to be winning any friends in the locker room.

At today’s press conference, Griffin was asked about problems with the team’s pass protection. Although Griffin said he wouldn’t point fingers at his offensive linemen, he also didn’t put the blame on himself, even though many observers have pointed to Griffin’s lack of pocket awareness as a bigger problem than Washington’s offensive line.

According to Jason Reid of ESPN, Griffin sidestepping his own responsibility for making the line look worse than it played is exactly the kind of thing that causes him problems in the locker room. Reid wrote on Twitter after Griffin’s press conference that coaches say “several” offensive linemen dislike Griffin.

There seem to be two problems facing Griffin. The more important one is that he simply hasn’t played very well since suffering a severe knee injury at the end of his rookie season. But another problem is that he hasn’t shown that he has the leadership qualities that a quarterback needs. And until he starts playing better, it’s hard to see how he’ll be able to rally his teammates around him.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
No surprise there.

It was pretty obvious that a team leader and respected vet in Santana Moss didn't like him either.

It's really not that hard to see why.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
No surprise there.

It was pretty obvious that a team leader and respected vet in Santana Moss didn't like him either.

It's really not that hard to see why.
Prima Donna attitude plain and simple from high school forward. He can't seem to understand that or shuck it. He just won't make it for various reasons not the least of which is his pedestal cravings.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
So I guess they are going to be a train wreck again this year. I thought they might actually get it together and be decent (not good) this year, but apparently not.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So, hypothetical.

Griffin gets cut at the end of the year or sooner.

Romo is getting at the end of the line.

Would y...

~gets arrow in chest~

D

Deuce

So, hypothetical.

Would y...

~gets arrow in chest~
Imagine the defense trying to defend an RG3/McFadden option set?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
So, hypothetical.

Would y...

~gets arrow in chest~
I mean.... How awesome would it be if you could develop him? Biggest F you to Skins fans ever.

For a free look? Hell yeah I'd take him. But someone would probably overpay and he'd want the chance to start. If he did want to come here for backup money and a chance to learn, I would definitely give it a shot though.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
If Bradford doesn't work out I have to believe the eagles would be all over Griffin.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
So, hypothetical.

Would y...

~gets arrow in chest~
He'd develop in no time with Wade Wilson in his corner. :tippytoe

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
For free? I wouldn't mind giving him a look if I thought we could develop him.....which I don't.

The guy is also in serious need of an attitude adjustment, and I'm not sure he's gonna ever get it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I mean.... How awesome would it be if you could develop him? Biggest F you to Skins fans ever.

For a free look? Hell yeah I'd take him. But someone would probably overpay and he'd want the chance to start. If he did want to come here for backup money and a chance to learn, I would definitely give it a shot though.
I wouldn't take him at any price. The guy is a fricking prima donna and a headcase. He's singlehandedly brought that franchise to its knees since his rookie year. As good as that was, his selfishness and idiocy make him untouchable to me.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I wouldn't take him at any price. The guy is a fricking prima donna and a headcase. He's singlehandedly brought that franchise to its knees since his rookie year. As good as that was, his selfishness and idiocy make him untouchable to me.
I have the same thoughts. He is beyond salvage.

Top Bottom