Pre-Season Chatter Thread | Cowboys vs 49ers | 8/23/2015

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah he had one swing pass and promptly fell on his ass.

He's one guy that I want gone badly.

It is rare a player so unproductive gets the hype he has from the front office.
I agree, I've been calling him a slot receiver for a couple years now. When you need multiple real RBs kind of competing for snaps this year I just don't know how you can justify a niche back like Dunbar who is basically just good at running routes and catching balls. He sucks running the ball and isn't really that elusive in the open field.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
:lol

You can't make this shit up. He had 3 fucking carries and he's nursing an injury.

If we are smart, we'll dump this bitch and find someone who could actually be useful. Pierre Thomas maybe?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
It would be one thing if he produced when healthy. Like Ro McClain for example.

But McFadden can't stay healthy AND doesn't produce even when he is healthy.

Why is he here?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It would be one thing if he produced when healthy. Like Ro McClain for example.

But McFadden can't stay healthy AND doesn't produce even when he is healthy.

Why is he here?
All the man wants is a paycheck. I think he feels nothing for the game nor does he have any passion for playing.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

You can't make this shit up. He had 3 fucking carries and he's nursing an injury.

If we are smart, we'll dump this bitch and find someone who could actually be useful. Pierre Thomas maybe?
I don't even think it's an injury. I think it's a lazy ass player packing it in because he knows he won't get cut. It's football, you get hit and when you get hit things get sore.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Yeah he had one swing pass and promptly fell on his ass.

He's one guy that I want gone badly.

It is rare a player so unproductive gets the hype he has from the front office.
I first read this out of context and thought for sure you were talking about McFadden.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member

Absolutely. They have enough question marks at the position. McFadden can't stay on the field and coaching staff pet cat Lance "Reggie Bush" Dunbar isn't exactly an iron man either. I would be fine with solid but unspectacular Pierre Thomas. He is a vet that can tote it 10-12 times a game, catches the ball well out of the backfield, and (I assume) can pick up the blitz.

If not Thomas then it needs to be someone similar after the cuts. If they don't find anyone they like at that point they are foolishly risky if they don't trade a 5th or 6th rounder for a decent, proven RB that knows what he is doing and has a track record of reasonably good health.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Absolutely. They have enough question marks at the position. McFadden can't stay on the field and coaching staff pet cat Lance "Reggie Bush" Dunbar isn't exactly an iron man either. I would be fine with solid but unspectacular Pierre Thomas. He is a vet that can tote it 10-12 times a game, catches the ball well out of the backfield, and (I assume) can pick up the blitz.

If not Thomas then it needs to be someone similar after the cuts. If they don't find anyone they like at that point they are foolishly risky if they don't trade a 5th or 6th rounder for a decent, proven RB that knows what he is doing and has a track record of reasonably good health.
I'm not even so picky to need a vet. I just want a solid reliable dude that can run it up there and get the 3-4 yards. It's why I've suggested that I'd rather have a guy like Gus Johnson on the roster then Dunbar. Gus is at least a solid built RB who has looked good in short yardage situations. He isn't fast by any means but he looks like he can do everything else well enough and probably would be fine getting 15-20 touches in a game if someone got hurt. I'm sure we could find a similar or better young RB during cuts time but I'm just sick of these novelty RBs like Dunbar who aren't really a RB at all.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I'm not even so picky to need a vet. I just want a solid reliable dude that can run it up there and get the 3-4 yards. It's why I've suggested that I'd rather have a guy like Gus Johnson on the roster then Dunbar. Gus is at least a solid built RB who has looked good in short yardage situations. He isn't fast by any means but he looks like he can do everything else well enough and probably would be fine getting 15-20 touches in a game if someone got hurt. I'm sure we could find a similar or better young RB during cuts time but I'm just sick of these novelty RBs like Dunbar who aren't really a RB at all.
The only reason I say "vet" is because I want someone who has proven that they can pick up the blitz in the NFL. Apparently McFadden is pretty good at it (well, that's what Broaddus says anyway) but that doesn't mean anything if he is inactive with a sore vag most weeks.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
The only reason I say "vet" is because I want someone who has proven that they can pick up the blitz in the NFL. Apparently McFadden is pretty good at it (well, that's what Broaddus says anyway) but that doesn't mean anything if he is inactive with a sore vag most weeks.
Broaddus is so far up Jerry's ass he doesn't know where he starts and Jerry ends. How else do you explain a scout of any credence (former or not) to be constantly pimping this guy.

Give me Steven Jackson week 1 and don't look back. You'll not only get your yards, you'll also gain physical toughness, pass protection, and production in the passing game. Passing game production would be even better if they signed him immediately.

Jackson is twice the player McFadden is. He's not half what he once was, but he can still get the job done if you limit his carries-- which is exactly what we need.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I just hope the pro personnel staff have their eyes on some RBs that could be available for a cheap trade or a waiver claim.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Broaddus is so far up Jerry's ass he doesn't know where he starts and Jerry ends. How else do you explain a scout of any credence (former or not) to be constantly pimping this guy.

Give me Steven Jackson week 1 and don't look back. You'll not only get your yards, you'll also gain physical toughness, pass protection, and production in the passing game. Passing game production would be even better if they signed him immediately.

Jackson is twice the player McFadden is. He's not half what he once was, but he can still get the job done if you limit his carries-- which is exactly what we need.
All we need to get the Jackson you describe is a time machine.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I just hope the pro personnel staff have their eyes on some RBs that could be available for a cheap trade or a waiver claim.
Feh.

We made our beds with these Three Stooges.

I said it when free agency started.

This was the pivotal decision that would impact this season. We had to get it right.

We passed on paying Murray, which is fine overall. The draft came and went, we did not take it seriously there either.

One way or the other, I think relying on these guys was a miscalculation.

There isn't some miracle trade that will correct that decision.

kidd

DCC 4Life
So nobody's holding out hope of signing Ray Rice?

Yeah, me neither.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
So nobody's holding out hope of signing Ray Rice?

Yeah, me neither.
It could happen but if it does it won't be until TC is over and one of the current three RBs is down. That's assuming he will still be available.

Top Bottom